+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogue Petattack/Petcast Macro Broken

Shadowlander

Default Rogue Petattack/Petcast Macro Broken

Hi guys, im old school ranger back at launch, old school

and so far as i remember a working pet macro for (Ranger pet Blood Rapter) was

petattack
    petcast Rend
    petcast Bloodied Blow
    petcast Razor Lash

however as i hav discovered in the last 2 days and i hav done some serious testing, Rogue pet macro is broken as follows

if u put above in ANY macro it wont cast any abilities and only auto attacks (tested this for 10mins on dummies in sanc)

If u hav this by itself ur pet auto attacks only.

If u take out petattack, you have to be in melee range to use the first skill, Then it WILL ONLY autoattack and wont do any more casts.

from what i can tell (GM told me petmacro's are no-longer supported dont ask me why thats all i got from him after a 10-15min chat) it is a problem with priorities, in that. if ur pet is auto attacking it wont allow any skill casts due to the rapid atk speed of the ranger pets, i was talkin to a cleric earlier and he said his pixy thing, wont cast some skills if its in the middle of its cast timer for its auto attack, im thinking the same thing is happening but due to the rapid auto attack speed of ranger pets

im thinking anyone who has tested ranger spec in well a while i guess as know-1 has had OR noticed this issue b4, or hasnt been using ranger cause its supposed bad dps (i pull 1.4-1.8k stable 2-2.2k spike on 20man raid content ST) and hav no HK gear and am not even R2 geared yet (took a 6month break) now, im thinkin that this could be half or most of the reason ppl think ranger does bad dps is because everyone has been using broken macro's

ANY help would be had, or if u know of a solution as neither myself or the Gm could find anything wrong at face value of the macro

P.S hav tested /petattack Rend and any variaton on petattack before during and after skill casts.. as soon as it uses the first ability if petattack is not at the front, it will not cast another

It was my understanding they patched that a while ago so you gained no benefits macroing those.

Did you try just petattack?

Have you tried putting petattack at the bottom of the macro? If you have petattack at the top you're essentially telling the pet to autoattack, which it will do instead of using a combat art. You're telling the pet to autoattack instead of doing anything else. Macros use boolean logic.... if searches down the list of abilities until it finds something that it can fire. It'll always hit on petattack with how you've set it up.

It's like setting up a macro like:

cast savage strike
    cast puncture
    cast backstab

and then complaining puncture and backstab never fire.
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-19-2012 at 07:25 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Shadowlander

ahh, see that would be fine. except that petcast macro's still work for Warrior and cleric :S so wtf thats my quirey (sort of).. if they can still use them why cant we.

and yes, i wouldnt bring it to a forum if i hadnt tried everything simple like that ^^ :P

Just put petattack last on the list of pet stuff, on the line above where you start your stuff.

petcast Bloodied Blow
    petattack
    cast Quick Shot etc

That works for all pet classes, the benefit is debatable but it does seem to give a teensy dps boost for the pet despite the fact that they supposedly fixed pet abilities to fire off instantly awhile back.

Shadowlander

im trying to say, unless u just tested it AS A RANGER>>> WITH RANGER PET that it is broken, said macro will not make the pet cast its abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Avadiator View Post
    im trying to say, unless u just tested it AS A RANGER>>> WITH RANGER PET that it is broken, said macro will not make the pet cast its abilities
    Just tested, they work fine, your macro is wrong (Obviously)
    "You lost me at Balance"

Do you notice gaining anything by macroing the pet abilities in? Because they specifically patched that so that spamming pet abilities was not supposed to affect it's DPs.

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't working of course.

Shadowlander

my macro worked perfectly last time i played PRE HK.. and a GM said at looking at my macro, there was nothing functionally wrong with it..

#show Shadow Fire
    suppressmacrofailures
    petcast Rend
    petcast Bloodied Blow
    petcast Razor Lash
    petattack
    cast Shadow Fire
    cast Splinter Shot
    cast Piercing Shot
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Quick Shot

how is ^ wrong?
    i also tried petattack at the beginning... unless u hav the skills right clicked on the petbar they will not activate, i am 51ranger/15mm/0sin and without the macro i spike 2.2k in maruaders no crystal and sit stable at about 1400-1800, i am not a freakin scrub or someone who comes to a forum without actually trying it myself. I have tried every combiniation and alteration of said macro myself or the GM could think of, he was also a pet user (granted a warrior) but the theory should be the same... as soon as the pet auto attacks (Blood Rapter in this case_ (without the abilities right clicked on the petbar) it will not cast any abilities

**Do you notice gaining anything by macroing the pet abilities in? Because they specifically patched that so that spamming pet abilities was not supposed to affect it's DPs.

Wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't working of course. **

and it used to prefer bloodiedblow/razorlash over the dot so u would see a dps decrease over time, not 100% sure if that is still the case but its impossible for me to test as my macro aint working ;S
    Last edited by Avadiator; 02-20-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Shadowlander

Srry for the rage in the last post, im just sick of ppl saying my macro is wrong, if it is wrong tell me how, and how to fix it. appreciated :S

It doesn't appear to be wrong, I've used that exact macro countless times myself and it works just fine. I don't know why yours doesn't seem to be working. He spams his attacks like he should, and keeps rend up the majority of the time. Sometimes it falls off inexplicably, they need to increase the duration a tic or two to prevent that. Putting petattack at the end is the right way, I use it with ranger pets, necro pets, druid, bm, elementalist..it always works. The only exception is with spellcasting pets, you can't really macro them because each button press they will try to recast the spell and interrupt themselves if it has a cast time.
    Last edited by Relair; 02-22-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Its not broken

Its not because it went broken, certain functions were changed in macroin was all, mostly to reduce macro failures.
    First things first
    when your making your maco for anything dont manually type it in. i have found that for whatever reason, any macro i typed in manually that didnt want to work, worked perfectly when i added the same macro line via clicking the commands button in the macro menu. find w.e macro you were trying to type in manually and just simply click ithe + symbol next to it in the command menu to add it to your macro. Save and use.. Tried this with several things

Definitely loving the macro ' cast @pet Divert rage '. I freaking hate havin to stop and click my pet to cast the ability, this simply negates all that I can pop it whilst pewpewing my target.

Also, for w.e reason i see people sayin type it like
    #show Divert Rage
    petcast Razor Quills
    cast Divert Rage

when it should be

#show Divert Rage
    cast @pet Divert Rage

^
    I know im dredging up n old *** post but i have seen a boatload of peeps asking bout this in game lately and this post was top of google so anyone who is gunna google the issue will see this first, so hopefully someone see this and makes use of it

+ Reply to Thread