+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rogue 1.7 ---- DPS Gear Itemization FAIL

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Rayolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default Rogue 1.7 ---- DPS Gear Itemization FAIL

    You take an AP loss to use 4pc HK set for crystal bonus, even when all GMOA pieces are RELICS. Please fix it. That is all.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    You take an AP loss to use 4pc HK set for crystal bonus, even when all GMOA pieces are RELICS. Please fix it. That is all.
    PvP in PvP gear. That is all.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Rayolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I'm talking about PVE gear ;D

    Should have specified.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    I'm talking about PVE gear ;D

    Should have specified.
    O, then gay haha.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    You take an AP loss to use 4pc HK set for crystal bonus, even when all GMOA pieces are RELICS. Please fix it. That is all.
    BIS is gloves, chest, and shoulders from ROTP and rest relic HK. And that is best overall stats of any gear in the game atm.
    Last edited by Durango; 02-18-2012 at 05:28 PM.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander Rayolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    BIS is gloves, chest, and shoulders from ROTP and rest relic HK. And that is best overall stats of any gear in the game atm.
    Cinderhide Hood is 0.5 ap over Zardonis' Ebon Hood ;D

    Either way, relics should blow epics out of the water.

  7. #7
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    Cinderhide Hood is 0.5 ap over Zardonis' Ebon Hood ;D

    Either way, relics should blow epics out of the water.
    The crit loss does not justify .5 AP.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Rayolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    The crit loss does not justify .5 AP.
    Once you have this level of gear as a rogue, you can't help but be at and beyond the crit cap. The diminishing returns of crit are so brutal, ALL that matters is AP.

    Either way, the issue remains that the relic rogue mark gear is either NOT competitive, or BARELY competitive with epic drops from ROTP. Mark gear is harder to get, harder to upgrade to relic, and provides worse stats than it's epic counterparts.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    Cinderhide Hood is 0.5 ap over Zardonis' Ebon Hood ;D

    Either way, relics should blow epics out of the water.
    They would, in every situation, if the Soft Crit Cap wasn't set so low.

    It should have been 55% not 45%..

    With the hard cap being 70%..

    However, that's an entirely different debate..

    The itemisation is fine.. The logic behind crit capping, inherently flawed due to the gear growth..
    Blighter
    ?????

  10. #10
    Koe
    Koe is offline
    Ascendant Koe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    Once you have this level of gear as a rogue, you can't help but be at and beyond the crit cap. The diminishing returns of crit are so brutal, ALL that matters is AP.

    No. You are wrong.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

  11. #11
    Banned Swiftly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    No. You are wrong.
    What this guy said.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    Once you have this level of gear as a rogue, you can't help but be at and beyond the crit cap. The diminishing returns of crit are so brutal, ALL that matters is AP.
    All that matters is that you... are... WRONG!

    Either way, the issue remains that the relic rogue mark gear is either NOT competitive, or BARELY competitive with epic drops from ROTP. Mark gear is harder to get, harder to upgrade to relic, and provides worse stats than it's epic counterparts.
    Relic gear is either BiS or for 3 pieces second best in slot if you don't have any +%dex talents, if you have any +%dex talents, then it is all BiS.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Taraern View Post
    They would, in every situation, if the Soft Crit Cap wasn't set so low.

    It should have been 55% not 45%..

    With the hard cap being 70%..

    However, that's an entirely different debate..

    The itemisation is fine.. The logic behind crit capping, inherently flawed due to the gear growth..
    if the hard cap was 70%, it would be possible to get 100% crit. Softcap is fine as is.

  14. #14
    Shadowlander Rayolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    What this guy said.
    Well everything I've ever parsed tells me such. What kind of crit do you guys have in raid? I was under the impression the AP to CRIT value scale plummets to like 1/100 after crit cap. What am I missing?

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rayolan View Post
    Well everything I've ever parsed tells me such. What kind of crit do you guys have in raid? I was under the impression the AP to CRIT value scale plummets to like 1/100 after crit cap. What am I missing?
    Math, Math is what you are missing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts