+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PTS False Blade Change

Default PTS False Blade Change

Could someone please post the tool tip for it currently on PTS, as well as the Improved False Blade. I know it was changed to a HoT but I am at work and can't get on to check it out myself.
    "You lost me at Balance"

I was messing around with this, and the most I could get it to heal for per tick was 902 (on a crit) and 532 on a non-crit.

This is with the following: 1423 AP (5 stacks of Golem Inductor, chocolate cake, mighty powersurge vial, annihilate from RS, +15% AP talent from RS), the +6% healing taken talent from RS, +50% healing done from FB talent in BD (22 points in), and 17 SIN for the +20% healing on a crit.

It ticks about every two seconds. This would make some RS/BD/SIN (22 BD, 26 SIN, 18 RS?) builds pretty tanky 1v1, I'd imagine you could put out some decent healing when you take into account leeching, enduring brew, rift scavenger, deflect lessers, arkyon's mirror and of course FB heals.
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-18-2012 at 02:22 PM.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    I was messing around with this, and the most I could get it to heal for per tick was 902 (on a crit) and 532 on a non-crit.

This is with the following: 1423 AP (5 stacks of Golem Inductor, chocolate cake, mighty powersurge vial, annihilate from RS, +15% AP talent from RS), the +6% healing taken talent from RS, +50% healing done from FB talent in BD (22 points in), and 17 SIN for the +20% healing on a crit.

It ticks about every two seconds. This would make some RS/BD/SIN (22 BD, 26 SIN, 18 RS?) builds pretty tanky 1v1, I'd imagine you could put out some decent healing when you take into account leeching, enduring brew, rift scavenger, deflect lessers, arkyon's mirror and of course FB heals.
    Sec, I'll Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v my post on PTS.

I forsee a change in PvP coming.

This will reduce dots to a 6 second duration, that will actually have an effect.

BD/Sin Vs Sin/RS will be when both starting out of stealth

Both will pop SS when timer hits 1
    Sin will shift in
    BD will FoS in

Each guarenteed 2 cps.
    Followed by a race to 5 cps

RS will drop Impale if he gets it first
    BD will drop False Blades.

Now the strategy changes. I am thinking the BD will force the RS to use Slip Away first and use his hot to eat as much of the dot as possible.

RS opens with second bleed rotation. The BD will get another FB off, and then work to a Deadly Strike.
    Now BD Slips
    DD Buff Assassinate, DD Buff Puncture (For a faster 5 CP) and then pop another FB, hopefully still having Enduring Brew off CD.

At this point the BD/Sin "Should" be able to win the DPS race to the finish, and if he feels clutched then an FB can be dropped to stay up.

I can only theory craft until Tuesday, but I will put it to work as soon as I get a day off (Tuesday)

Will be more to manage than the "Shift and forget" playstyle, but I think if done right will be a better spec at least concerning 1v1. That is just my thoughts without actually seeing the change though.

This is going to change some stuff up for the Rogues that don't want it all easy mode. More buttons I am 100% down for.

I will probably go a Sin/BD/MMorNB spec so that I can make this useful in WF's like Dex and not get kited to death.
    Will most likely be Sin/BD/NB.

I'll go theorycraft something real quick
    Last edited by Am0n; 02-18-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

How much of a difference does the improved make on this?

Ran out of points to quick for the combo I wanted, might make this just a 1v1 spec.
    "You lost me at Balance"

26 SIN/22 BD/18 NB looks good, I suppose
    Your finisher is Deadly strike, and you get access to Eventide boosted Dusk Strikes/Twilight Forces, along with Backstab and Puncture from SIN/Precision strike from BD. Might fish some points around in BD.

I'll look at the boosted FB versus non-boosted real quick.
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-18-2012 at 02:33 PM.
    ~Quiescent

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...boddo.x0x0c.-5
    Range Variant, for slippy targets

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...oboddo.VG0c.-5
    Pure melee, shift in stealth for initial buff to get the extra burst + extra healing + Extra AP.

Looks like fun

I'm kinda gearing this towards an alternative Best in Calling build, so at least for me Slip away is going to be pretty crucial.
    Last edited by Am0n; 02-18-2012 at 02:34 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

853 AP in basic pvp gear with untalented FB is
    415 crit heals/277 non crit
    With talented FB,
    422 non-crit/633 crit

This is just with the bare minimum 8 BD and 22 BD, so the talented FB makes a pretty big difference.
    ~Quiescent

853 AP in basic pvp gear with untalented FB is
    415 crit heals/277 non crit
    With talented FB,
    422 non-crit/633 crit

This is just with the bare minimum 8 BD and 22 BD, so the talented FB makes a pretty big difference.
    Yeah it does, talented will pretty much negate bleed damage due to the new PA. Only downside it'll run off and they will get 6 seconds of dot damage on you, but thats like what 600 damage lol.

Assuming both get 5 cps together, and get the finisher off on the same GCD. Untalented will still take a decent chunk out of the damage though.

O **** 853 AP. This is going to be so nice haha. I sit at 1.2k AP atm in my PvP gear. (AP source) I may have to rethink switching out the AP source for Valor now.
    Last edited by Am0n; 02-18-2012 at 02:41 PM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Yeah it does, talented will pretty much negate bleed damage due to the new PA. Only downside it'll run off and they will get 6 seconds of dot damage on you, but thats like what 600 damage lol.

Assuming both get 5 cps together, and get the finisher off on the same GCD. Untalented will still take a decent chunk out of the damage though.

O **** 853 AP. This is going to be so nice haha. I sit at 1.2k AP atm in my PvP gear. (AP source) I may have to rethink switching out the AP source for Valor now.
    Let me put on AP gear and see what basic talented FB heals for..
    ~Quiescent

Let me put on AP gear and see what basic talented FB heals for..
    Haha, you don't gotta if you don't wanna. I'll get a day off eventually =P
    Thanks a ton for the help though =D
    "You lost me at Balance"

Also: while you are on PTS, what was the Freedom of Movement change in the RS soul?
    "You lost me at Balance"

at just 22 BD and 1180 AP, 696 crit and 464 non-crit.
    Freedom of movement was changed to just a basic 5% mitigation buff after you use annihilate.
    Last edited by Zaros; 02-18-2012 at 02:51 PM.
    ~Quiescent

at just 22 BD and 1180 AP, 696 crit and 464 non-crit.
    Freedom of movement was changed to just a basic 5% mitigation buff after you use annihilate.
    Ah freedom of movement is doodoo then. At least PvP wise. I am really liking hte False Blade change though.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    Ah freedom of movement is doodoo then. At least PvP wise. I am really liking hte False Blade change though.
    Same. Now, if only those BD AP mods worked on ranged abilities </3
    ~Quiescent

Same. Now, if only those BD AP mods worked on ranged abilities </3
    Lelelelelelele. Ug, I should have called off today, I get off at Midnight and gotta be back at work at 8am, I may take an hour out of my sleep to test this out =P
    "You lost me at Balance"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast