+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Idea: False Blade & Energy problems

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Idea: False Blade & Energy problems

So I posted this in the Sab 1.8 thread but it was a little off topic.

Everyone knows rogues have energy issues outside of raid (and even w fervor depending on build). It's a calling-wide problem, except for MM and BD that have talents to help the situation. One solution would be to give a flat buff to rogue energy, but in raid that seems unnecessary and would remove energy as a mechanic. I propose an alternative: there should be a way to build solo specs that aren't energy starved -- some talent available fairly low in a soul (or multiple souls) to help with energy problems.

And it just so happens that False Blade is getting changed, and its current effect (self-heal) doesn't seem to be that useful. So what if we re-targeted False Blade to solve the energy problems for solo specs?

False Blade: Increases the rogue's energy regeneration rate by 5 energy / second. Lasts one minute.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

RIFT Guide Writer

Maybe one minute is too much, but you get the idea. I think it would still be a DPS gain even if it lasted 15 secs.

Koe

Or just buff our energy regeneration so that none of the 4 callings really have to worry about management.

-Mages/Clerics are fine, mana-wise, if they use pots. Clerics are iffy if they constantly spam AoE heals, but then you also have Cascade, Mental Flare, or Verse of Joy on top of all that. They have a floot they hit, though, unlike Warriors/Rogues.

-Warriors no longer worry about Power.

So that leaves rogues unable to do what they do because of Energy.

I was against the Power change, for the most part, but now that it is/has been in place and staying Rogue has to be able to negate all resource management as well.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Ascendant

As you said Bladedancer isn't really a soul that struggles for energy much at all. Probably the least of all Rogue souls actually. So an energy regen finisher wouldn't actually be any more useful to a Bladedancer than the PTS HoT from False Blade.

Though personally I think people need to calm down about Power/Energy/Mana a bit. Too many further "resource management" buffs and you may as well just have all abilities cost 0 and call it a day.
    Last edited by Kedon; 02-18-2012 at 11:06 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Though personally I think people need to calm down about Power/Energy/Mana a bit. Too many further '"resource management" buffs and you may as well just have all abilities cost 0 and call it a day.
    You mean like mages, clerics and warriors? Trion has eliminated the need for resource management for everyone except rogues which has left rogues as the only ones who need fervor and tablet and still be starved for energy in some builds. Basically since the trend is that resource management is not an issue then it should be that way for rogues too.

It's not how I like the game to be balanced since it simplifies the game further but if that is the route Trion is taking then they should increase rogue energy regeneration to 30 and call it fixed.

Can someone tell me why we are making 2-3 threads for each point listed in: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ck-thread.html ?

Energy regen - make rogues get 30-32 energy per second.

Self heals - change rift scavenger to scale on damage instead of hp.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 02-18-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Beckmann View Post
    So I posted this in the Sab 1.8 thread but it was a little off topic.

Everyone knows rogues have energy issues outside of raid (and even w fervor depending on build). It's a calling-wide problem, except for MM and BD that have talents to help the situation. One solution would be to give a flat buff to rogue energy, but in raid that seems unnecessary and would remove energy as a mechanic. I propose an alternative: there should be a way to build solo specs that aren't energy starved -- some talent available fairly low in a soul (or multiple souls) to help with energy problems.

And it just so happens that False Blade is getting changed, and its current effect (self-heal) doesn't seem to be that useful. So what if we re-targeted False Blade to solve the energy problems for solo specs?
    How about no. How about like every other class and esp warriors, we get energy regen or energy costs that are closer together. Say 30ish energy per second is the vast majority of our skills costing in the range or 23 energy to use.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    As you said Bladedancer isn't really a soul that struggles for energy much at all. Probably the least of all Rogue souls actually. So an energy regen finisher wouldn't actually be any more useful to a Bladedancer than the PTS HoT from False Blade.

Though personally I think people need to calm down about Power/Energy/Mana a bit. Too many further "resource management" buffs and you may as well just have all abilities cost 0 and call it a day.
    For every DPS class except rogues, abilities do effectively cost 0. Rogues are the only ones which effectively have energy costs atm.
    Last edited by Durango; 02-18-2012 at 11:29 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Can someone tell me why we are making 2-3 threads for each point listed in: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ck-thread.html ?

Spamming forums with multiple topics of the same issue worked for warriors. Sitting quietly in the corner waiting won't get us anything.

Ascendant

Because no one likes forum nannies? Because people want to? Because separate threads are better threads?

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    How about no. How about like every other class and esp warriors, we get energy regen or energy costs that are closer together. Say 30ish energy per second is the vast majority of our skills costing in the range or 23 energy to use.
    I think its dumb to completely remove energy as a mechanic, which is what this would do. That's the only reason.

I think the warrior change was really dumb.

Because this was about a specific idea and I didn't want to derail discussion of 1.8 changes, a single thread gets too muddled with ten different conversations going on at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Spamming forums with multiple topics of the same issue worked for warriors. Sitting quietly in the corner waiting won't get us anything.
    I thought it was having one really big thread. Clerics had an 80-120+ page thread in pts forum before they got dps.

Rogue forum doesn't seem to let a thread get longer than 15 or so pages before they make 2-3 more threads on the same topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Koe

I do, too; Again, for the most part.

However, that does not matter. The change went in, and they don't have to worry about management.

Therefore, neither should rogues.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Ascendant

I think its dumb to completely remove energy as a mechanic, which is what this would do. That's the only reason.

It doesn't matter if you think it is dumb or that you thing people should have to manage a mechanic. What matters is no other class has to manage or worry about the mechanic, why in the world should rogues have to worry about and manage the mechanic?

Or waste a finisher to manage it?

Ascendant

I thought it was having one really big thread. Clerics had an 80-120+ page thread in pts forum before they got dps.

Rogue forum doesn't seem to let a thread get longer than 15 or so pages before they make 2-3 more threads on the same topic.
    And if you talk to clerics, they'll say they still aren't fixed (because they aren't). And multiple separate threads are fine. At the end of the day, it really doesn't make a difference and trying to be a forum nanny is just counter productive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast