+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sab Testing on PTS

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Sab Testing on PTS

I spent a decent amount of time testing different variations of soul combinations. I found the best to be
    32Sab/25Sin/9MM.

The rotation I found to be the best was using Caltrop Charge then Shrapnel Charge. With this rotation I maintained 2100 dps on three test dummies for 5min. This testing was without any buffs to damage from debuffs. I only had self buffs with no weapon stones and was in PvP gear.

I found the lack of synergy with Sab to be a disappointment. No other soul combination could come close to this spec for damage.

Shadowlander

Bump for great justice.

Plane Touched

700 DPS per target in AoE is the best it can do right now?

/shudder

RIFT Guide Writer

It's either bad build or bad rotation or both. 46 sab/20 sin can do 3k+ with those conditions which is still really bad for what is supposed to be an aoe build.

RIFT Guide Writer

Unless you are parsing with fervor, whatever numbers you get out of Sab are completely meaningless. Somehow I don't think anyone is parsing with fervor.

46/20 Sin can sustain 2600 DPS for me and I have terrible DPS gear (no crystal). I think it would be around 3500 with fervor, but I can't be sure. And if thats the case (3500), given how many targets Sab hits, it might not be in a bad spot.

But we won't know until people post fervor numbers. I'm trying to get someone in my guild to help me out, but no luck so far.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

RIFT Guide Writer

PS> There's a stickied Sab thread, post stuff there.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Beckmann View Post
    Unless you are parsing with fervor, whatever numbers you get out of Sab are completely meaningless. Somehow I don't think anyone is parsing with fervor.

46/20 Sin can sustain 2600 DPS for me and I have terrible DPS gear (no crystal). I think it would be around 3500 with fervor, but I can't be sure. And if thats the case (3500), given how many targets Sab hits, it might not be in a bad spot.

But we won't know until people post fervor numbers. I'm trying to get someone in my guild to help me out, but no luck so far.
    No point in using above 32 in sab atm on PTS, they changed the 44 point Root to now only affect the damage from Bombs.

PS: I don't think you are up to date on the changes to still think 46/20 is top Dps.

High Explosives: Your Fragmentation Bomb, Time Bomb and Annihilation Bomb cause the target to bleed over six seconds. The amount of damage dealt is based on weapon damage, attack power and how many points you have spent in the sad tree above 44.
    Last edited by ChrisN; 02-18-2012 at 09:37 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    No point in using above 32 in sab atm on PTS, they changed the 44 point Root to now only affect the damage from Bombs.

PS: I don't think you are up to date on the changes to still think 46/20 is top Dps.

High Explosives: Your Fragmentation Bomb, Time Bomb and Annihilation Bomb cause the target to bleed over six seconds. The amount of damage dealt is based on weapon damage, attack power and how many points you have spent in the sad tree above 44.
    Look at my post history, I'm quite up to date. And moving HE to bombs means....you use bombs. I'm pretty confident I have worse gear than you and I'm beating your parse.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Beckmann View Post
    Look at my post history, I'm quite up to date. And moving HE to bombs means....you use bombs. I'm pretty confident I have worse gear than you and I'm beating your parse.
    Bombs still suck! This is the problem, also using fragmentation bomb with 5 point blast/spike charge does not consume the combo points. I'm not sure if that is intended or a bug.

All i have to say is, lol. I thought this post was made by Dumbsparrow at first.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    All i have to say is, lol. I thought this post was made by Dumbsparrow at first.
    Obviously not!

He would simply snidely reply telling you that you are doing it wrong while offering no justification until someone else justifies it in another thread and then he'll toss it up on a blog to make it real

Questions about sab. I've been lazy and haven't tested jack yet. What's the best build to use as a starting point? People are talking about caltrop charge so I guess things have changed a lot. 44sab-20sin-2rng?

Are sab melee builds parsing higher then sab ranged builds?

Questions:

1. Poison potency still boosting charge damage?
    2. Sab still scale better off crit then ap, so 2 rng for crit better then 2 rs for ap?
    3. What's the 'best build' people have found so I can use that as a starting point to test stuff out?

Thanks!

P.S. - don't give the OP a hard time. He's testing stuff out and that's commendable. Most people just ask for the top build and use it with no research. Testing stuff is addictive once you're into it, but even if he made a mistake (I have no idea myself) it's the will to find what's best that's most important and not just be lazy.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Poison potency is still giving 100-200 damage per charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread