+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: See these changes?

Default See these changes?

Champion
    • Bloodthirst now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Disruptive Strike now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Fixed a bug that caused Deadly Strikes to work with one handed weapons in certain circumstances.
    • Reduced the effectiveness of the 4 gear benefit in Rasmolov’s Champion Crystal to 20% from 35%.
    • Cornered Beast duration has been reduced to 2.5 seconds, hits every 0.5 seconds. Cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds.
    • Titan's Strike cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds.

• Destroyer's Bearing has had its damage bonus increased to a maximum of 50% instead of 35% and now always generates an attack point.
    • Disruptive Strike has had its cooldown reduced from 15 to 10 seconds.
    • Weapon Specialization now grants 0.6% per Talent Point for each Soul Point spent in Champion.

Paladin
    • Retaliation now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Disarming Counterblow now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Paladin's Reprisalnow gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.

Paragon
    • Way of the Mountain now only enhances the damage of Finishers while Dual Wielding.
    • Paired Strike now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Path of the Hurricane now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Path of the Raptor now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Death Touch now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Rising Waterfall now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution when Dual Wielding instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Rising Waterfall now does higher damage when Dual Wielding.
    • Flurry duration has been reduced to 2.5 seconds, hits every 0.5 seconds. Cooldown has been reduced to 30 seconds.
    • Teaching of the Five Rings now grants 0.6% per Talent Point for each Soul Point spent in Paragon.

Riftblade
    • Rift Strike now gains a 200% Attack Power contribution instead of a Weapon Damage Modification.
    • Static Shock now deals damage based on Attack Power.
    • Riftblade – Storm Blade now deals damage based on Attack Power.
    • Rift Fury now affects all attacks just like Teaching of the Five Rings and Weapon Specialization.
    • Rift Fury now grants 0.6% per Talent Point for each Soul Point spent in Riftblade.

Are you [EDIT]kidding me?? I think im gonna be sick.
    Last edited by TheSavvy1; 02-17-2012 at 10:46 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    MY PRECIOUS...

I liked the part where you didn't underline " instead of a Weapon Damage Modification."

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    I liked the part where you didn't underline " instead of a Weapon Damage Modification."
    warriors still have more weapon dps contibution than rogues btw, even with the 120 140 removed.
    12 dps from pa to 2h, dw using both weapons, rogue has neither of these things

(Gear)

The values may have to get tweaked, but this absolutely needs to be done. Warriors have very poor attack power scaling and something needs to be done about it.

200% may be high, but warrior AP is pretty low atm too because they have to stack crit. It will be very interesting to see how this changes their itemization around.

But to the OP, they sky isn't falling, chill out.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Yea, I agree. The sky isn't falling.

Right now wars' single target is pretty bad, they could use a bit of a buff. The change from making their weapon damage modifiers additive instead of multiplicative and now adding ap scaling is a good one.

Really ap scaling now gives warriors upgrades from gear and not just weapons. That's not a bad thing. Hopefully Trion's goal is to make them equal in dps now and not back to top dps... that's the only potential issue.
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-17-2012 at 10:59 PM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    The values may have to get tweaked, but this absolutely needs to be done. Warriors have very poor attack power scaling and something needs to be done about it.

200% may be high, but warrior AP is pretty low atm too because they have to stack crit. It will be very interesting to see how this changes their itemization around.

But to the OP, they sky isn't falling, chill out.
    Gyle, why are you the only rogue I ever see with common sense? These are very early changes. I like the nerf to the champ crystal. Once the PTS update is pushed we will test for hours and provide feedback. They won't let anything OP go to Live. I have 6 role slots. All of them will be filled with current and experimental builds.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 02-17-2012 at 10:56 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Gyle, why are you the only rogue I ever see with common sense? These are very early changes. I like the nerf to the champ crystal. Once the PTS update is pushed we will test for hours and provide feedback. They won't let anything OP go to Live. I have 6 role slots. All of them will be filled with current and experimental builds.
    lolololo

I hope you don't mind me quoting you for my sig.

it s not instead of Weapon damage..
    They now have 100% weapon damage + 200%pa instead of just have 120/140 %.

but we have the healing false blade, it s not nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Henry View Post
    lolololo

I hope you don't mind me quoting you for my sig.
    If it's meant to shame and ridicule me then yes, I do mind.
    Last edited by intrinsc; 02-17-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    If it's meant to shame and ridicule me then yes, I do mind.
    I just liked the part where you said "They wouldnt let anything OP go live." Should i remind of the past year of Rift? Do we need a bullet point presentation?

Warriors get their needed AP scaling changes. I hope we can get our PA's fixed as part of the bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

RIFT Guide Writer

I would like to see the AP scaling on some of the rogue builds fixed too. Ranger has about a quarter of the scaling of good dps builds, sab on pts is still at less than half the AP scaling of the good builds and the live version is down there with ranger. The live versions of ranger and sab scale worse with AP than warriors.

I agree it's needed, but this may be a bit too far. The only reason I'm alarmed is their (especially currently) history of pushing PTS to live with minimal testing for severely unbalanced numbers.

And rogues haven't really had any negative changes so far this patch, so there's no reason to complain.

Mostly what i still want to see for the classes are for rogue tanks to get %hp instead of %endurance as well as threat based off endurance instead of damage(involving removal of threat modifier from guard phase), bards to get a B-Rez, a rogue energy regen increase or ability cost decrease, cleric tank %hp modifier to increase and threat to gain scaling from end, cleric dps small boost again, reaver mitigation minorly nerfed and pal/vk/wl mitigation raised(esp pal), and pets across the board to scale better.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffles View Post

And rogues haven't really had any negative changes so far this patch, so there's no reason to complain.
    Nor any good. They fixed Earth Sword PA's, they fixed EW bug and they changed BD in a way that nothing changed.

So, Bug fix, bug fix and maybe a marginally better aky only spec?

On topic, yeah no need to panic yet. We can only hope we get a little love also. Im more concerned with gear Itemization come ID since its almost impossible to be below crit cap for a rogue in current content gear.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I would like to see the AP scaling on some of the rogue builds fixed too. Ranger has about a quarter of the scaling of good dps builds, sab on pts is still at less than half the AP scaling of the good builds and the live version is down there with ranger. The live versions of ranger and sab scale worse with AP than warriors.
    Ranger needs an approximate doubling of AP scaling to be in line with other builds. MM needs about another 20% increase in effective AP scaling. Sab, I haven't done the math on because it was so behind everything else in usefulness.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast