+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rennlc

Thread: Foul Play and Paralyzing Strike are underwhelming.

Default Foul Play and Paralyzing Strike are underwhelming.

Personally I think these are far too short of a stun considering the conditions and CD they come with. This coupled with the new -20% stun time, and already terrible DR, makes them very unappealing to use.

Stuns are really all assassin has for CC, and other classes do it better.

So I would recommend these changes:

Paralyzing strike - Simply up the duration to 5 seconds. Its the difference of a Global, which definitely can matter.

Foul Play - Change to a finisher, keep the CD, stuns for 1,2,3,4,6 seconds respectively for combo points used, applies 5 expose weakness (stacks, the EW itself is 20 stacks) per combo point. Does no damage.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 02-17-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Personally I think these are far too short of a stun considering the conditions and CD they come with. This coupled with the new -20% stun time, and already terrible DR, makes them very unappealing to use.

Stuns are really all assassin has for CC, and other classes do it better.

So I would recommend these changes:

Paralyzing strike - Simply up the duration to 5 seconds. Its the difference of a Global, which definitely can matter.

Foul Play - Change to a finisher, keep the CD, stuns for 1,2,3,4,6 seconds respectively for combo points used, applies 5 expose weakness (stacks, the EW itself is 20 stacks) per combo point. Does no damage.
    Where have I seen those exact two abilities set up that exact same way before... Hmm...

I can't tell. It's been so long, like a long lost faded dream. I faintly recall something... A jungle environment... A massive arena... An announcer, a treasure chest... I walk through the massive doorway into this Colosseum, the seats bare and empty except for the announcer. I jump down into the ring and approach the prize... And the world goes dark, my head shudders... I realize there are men slipping between the shadows around me waiting... Plotting... And then I feel a fist to my back...

Oh god... it's all coming back to me...

MORTAL STRIKE, SWITCH TO SWORD AND SHIELD, MORTAL STRIKE, OVERPOWER, BERSERKER STANCE WHIRLWIND INTERCEPT, BATTLE STANCE, MORTAL STRIKE, OVERPOWER, FEAR, TRINKET THROUGH THE STUN, CLEAVE, MORTAL STRIKE, THUNDER CLAP, REND, MORTAL STRIKE, EXECUTE!

And that's the story of how I killed 3 rogues on my own in Stranglethorn Vale waaaaaay back in 1.12.

Congratulations, buddy, you just posted exactly the setup Subtlety rogues have back in WoW. Or at least used to have. It's been a long time.

Champion

That would gut Foul Play as an interrupt though and stun-locking people is still mostly dead regardless of duration increases (which isn't a bad thing). How about buffing Foul Play to function as it does now but have it off the GCD?

WoW was the first MMO....

In all seirousness if Trion wants to copy/paste the rogue class like they did, why half *** it.

Go with what works.

As it stands Foul Play and Para strike last only 2 seconds against a fair number of builds thanks to PvP PA + stun duration talents (Looking at you pyro).
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 02-18-2012 at 03:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread