+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Traciatim

Thread: Hit?

Telaran

Default Hit?

Lately I have been noticing more and more people with hit gear, even though they just pvp, Back in 1.0-1.5 hit wasn't really to much of a problem, it was nice to have but was never needed, As far as im being told now however it is?

with that being said- Whats our minimum hit requirement to be competitive in pvp. Im finding with 1/0 I can at times miss 9/10 if not more

I'm not really a badass pvp'er so this might not be 100% accurate.

In this game Hit is being used to tackle dodge / parry avoidance. With higher gear level, dex / str is increasing dodge and parry on amounts that you might require some hit to tackle the avoidance in case you want to properly damage your opponent.

special.guildlaunch.com - Always Recruiting Exceptional Players

Free Rift Strats @ rift-mmorpg.com
    Rogue Class Lead

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchme View Post
    Lately I have been noticing more and more people with hit gear, even though they just pvp, Back in 1.0-1.5 hit wasn't really to much of a problem, it was nice to have but was never needed, As far as im being told now however it is?

with that being said- Whats our minimum hit requirement to be competitive in pvp. Im finding with 1/0 I can at times miss 9/10 if not more
    100 hit is the general 'safe' target. Some people stack more than this, some less. For instance, on my rogue marksman with the (old) R8 gear set I have about 15% dodge. If you want to hit that you need 75 hit. I don't have any skills that boost that at all.

Generally you need about 25 focus, and/or 100 hit to have the majority of your attacks not be resisted/missed.

As far as I'm aware it's always worked this way. Maybe more people are just realizing how valuable it is?
    Last edited by Traciatim; 02-17-2012 at 05:48 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    100 hit is the general 'safe' target. Some people stack more than this, some less. For instance, on my rogue marksman with the (old) R8 gear set I have about 15% dodge. If you want to hit that you need 75 hit. I don't have any skills that boost that at all.

Generally you need about 25 focus, and/or 100 hit to have the majority of your attacks not be resisted/missed.

As far as I'm aware it's always worked this way. Maybe more people are just realizing how valuable it is?
    Yes, unfortunately +hit is necessary in PvP and with no bonuses to it from PvP gear players are forced to either get it from runes or alternate gear. Unless you also raid a lot the alternate gear will usually be a loss in dps just to allow you to connect on your attacks. This has been an ongoing irritation among the PvP community who desire +hit on at least their weapons.

Rift Chaser

If you have entry level PvP gear and are looking for +hit I would recommend crafting the Deathbringer set, stats are good and you’ll get a lot of hit just off 2 weapons and yes they both count toward the set bonus. I have been running a 2 set combination until just recently. Deathbringer 4 piece and PvP 4 piece, double the set bonus and if you rune it right, all the +hit you need.

Ascendant

I would say the amount of hit you'll need varies on the targets you'll be facing. If you see a lot of warriors and rogues (sometimes clerics if they're troll spec), you might want to go with a higher +hit, somewhere 200+ if you can, otherwise 100-150 is good enough on mages and non-troll clerics. After 1-3 minutes in a warfront, you should have a pretty good idea of most of the opposition there so you can adjust your gear on the fly if you realize you don't need as much hit.

I was just going to post something on this today. The higher I get in PvP, the more noticeable it is that I'm lacking hit, and there's no great way that I've found to acquire it other than sacrificing other much needed stats. Sadness.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Edany View Post
    I was just going to post something on this today. The higher I get in PvP, the more noticeable it is that I'm lacking hit, and there's no great way that I've found to acquire it other than sacrificing other much needed stats. Sadness.
    Get yourself in to an HK raid (if you can get 300+ hit in PVE gear. Get yourself a savage beast carver or the matron axe. Instant 50 Hit.

Rune your gear for another 39 and you have 89 . . . which is good enough in a lot of situations. It doesn't quite help as much if they pop defensive cool downs or go out of their way to have dodge/parry/block.

If you need more than this you can get the head and legs runes too.

+ Reply to Thread