+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *PvP* 51 NB/8 RS/7 BD serious dps

Rift Chaser

Default *PvP* 51 NB/8 RS/7 BD serious dps

So I've tried almost every combinaiton of Nightblade, I'm determined to make it work for my playstyle. After trying build after build I decided to go for max dps output. Forget mobility or versatility just dps. So 51NB gets the great bonus of the 20% from Blackout so it's a matter of pairing this with other souls that will compliment it. The best I've been able to come up with is 51 NB/8 RS/7 BD. I get quite a bit of passive bonuses as well as annihilate which adds in a nice bit of burst. From my rudimentary dummy test it appears to out dps the popular 51 NB/15 BD.

I isolated only Death damage abilites in my builders and only Fire damage finishers so as to maximize every attack power bonus.

I like how this looks on a dummy, now it's time to go see if it's worth a **** in actual combat. I'll let ya know how I fair =/. Please send some feedback of your builds and rotations. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jabbawockee; 02-16-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Rift Chaser

After a couple hours of PvP, both WF's and open world I found if you know how to play a 51NB you will love the dps this build brings. Enough burst to drop almost any target and a mix of AoE's to keep multiple targets busy. However, I found myself focused down a lot and with only defensive cooldowns and only one shift I chose to die swinging most of the time. It is fun but it obviously lacks CC and mobility. If you had some heals backing you up I could see this build wrecking some havoc.

Now you know what its like to be a dps pvp warrior

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    Now you know what its like to be a dps pvp warrior
    I would say that is a fairly accurate statement. Warriors I would say have more survivability but the NB defensive abilities give some opportunity to stay in the fray. I rarely go toe to toe with warriors but I did have a Blazing Strike that hit one for 2.4k, which was my highest hit against a warrior so far. Being that it was a ranked 35 - 40 match he wasn't a fresh 50 either. I'd like to think that while he was respawning he was looking through his combat log trying to see what hit him so hard, as I have done for months against RB's.

Plane Touched

Using the pvp crystal, I finally made a 51 nb 15 BD last night. I never play nb, so I just made the macros how they best seemed fit and was really bad about using my cool downs properly. I led the black garden with killing blows. It really, really has some damage.

I plan to play it some more and get better at using ebon fury...the 2 defensive CDs are great but I'm bad at using them so far. I kind of want to go at least 4 RS for the hp buff, but I used ranger as my 0 pt for more range. I got at least 2 killing blows from headshot that were out of range of flame thrust.
    Last edited by Metallica11; 02-17-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Rift Disciple

I guess a 4xNB/2xRS outdps it.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbawockee View Post
    So I've tried almost every combinaiton of Nightblade, I'm determined to make it work for my playstyle. After trying build after build I decided to go for max dps output. Forget mobility or versatility just dps. So 51NB gets the great bonus of the 20% from Blackout so it's a matter of pairing this with other souls that will compliment it. The best I've been able to come up with is 51 NB/8 RS/7 BD. I get quite a bit of passive bonuses as well as annihilate which adds in a nice bit of burst. From my rudimentary dummy test it appears to out dps the popular 51 NB/15 BD.

I isolated only Death damage abilites in my builders and only Fire damage finishers so as to maximize every attack power bonus.

I like how this looks on a dummy, now it's time to go see if it's worth a **** in actual combat. I'll let ya know how I fair =/. Please send some feedback of your builds and rotations. Thanks.
    Just curious, did you try 51nb/10 BD/ 5 RS? the 10 BD to maximize the attack power contribution to CP generators and finishers?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Luteuel View Post
    Just curious, did you try 51nb/10 BD/ 5 RS? the 10 BD to maximize the attack power contribution to CP generators and finishers?
    I'm not the op, but I considered that spec. I really wanted sprint, though, and you give up significant range by losing ranger.

I think I'll try that one, though. Also, are you guys using the nb crystal or pvp? I dot have the nb but I'll buy it if it's truly worth it.
    Last edited by Metallica11; 02-17-2012 at 08:09 AM.

was also thinking it would be a better world pvp build to catch runners from pvp rifts.

Rift Chaser

I did try that build and it initially has more damage but found that once I get annihilate going that 15% was too good of a bonus and was hitting for 100 more damage for each attack compared to the same attacks while having 10 points in BD. I think this however makes a more dramatic impact in my build as I have pushed Attack Power on all my gear as opposed to crit.

So you burn a finisher but for a 15% AP bonus for potentially 60sec, I think it's well worth it. As I mentioned before focusing on only Death and Fire damage proved that physical damage is trash in PvP and I've never hit players harder in any build.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Metallica11 View Post
    I'm not the op, but I considered that spec. I really wanted sprint, though, and you give up significant range by losing ranger.

I think I'll try that one, though. Also, are you guys using the nb crystal or pvp? I dot have the nb but I'll buy it if it's truly worth it.
    I only have used the PvP crystals and if I'm not mistaken the only crystal that is actually worth having otherwise is the Ranger crystal that triggers off Shadow Fire.

Rift Chaser

was also thinking it would be a better world pvp build to catch runners from pvp rifts.
    I got kited a lot, but I knew that going into it. Anyone with run speed bonuses or shifting would simply wipe off the snare and pick me apart. I'm not gonna lie, I was in a group so I had outside help in open world PvP because this build would suck trying to solo other players, especially if they got the jump on me. Although I'm not sure burning a point for a movement bonus w/a 2min cooldown could be justified.

+ Reply to Thread