+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guardian Phase/Improved Guardian phase/Great Fortitude

Default Guardian Phase/Improved Guardian phase/Great Fortitude

How are these %'s added?

Right now Guardian phase gives +30% endurance, and at 51pts Riftstalker, Improved adds 5%+25%.

base stats at 50points w/o guardian phase

buff less 1048endurance
    Guardian phase 1313
    Imp Guardian Phase 1579

0/0/0 916 Endurance

Math on how these bonus's add - ((916x0.60) = 549.6) + ((916x0.15) = 137.4) = 1603, but wait. I have only 1579 endurance on the stat sheet. Some something somewhere, isnt getting added right. My guess its the +1.5% from Improved Guardian phase, or Guardian phase and Great Fortitude have some weird way of adding together.

Can we get any official word on this, Allion? OR maybe perhaps you're doing what Zinbik did to Clerics, and just making Guardian Phase a flat +% Maximum Health buff.

Also, our crystal (+45endur) isnt effected by these +%'s because its considered a buff, and not added to base stats.

Ascendant

Not that I think there might be a problem with endurance from PA, but how much endurance from PA do you have?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Not that I think there might be a problem with endurance from PA, but how much endurance from PA do you have?
    I don't think PA's count on any stat boosts at all. So +1 Endurance will only ever be +1. I could be wrong though
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    Wow really. I have +32 from PA's.

Quote Originally Posted by Petgroup View Post
    I don't think PA's count on any stat boosts at all. So +1 Endurance will only ever be +1. I could be wrong though
    ^This, the PAs count as buffs the same as the 3 piece bonuses do as far as i know. They should not figure in to the guardian phase calculation.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

The % bonuses to Endurance are all additive from its base value and items. It excludes PA bonuses.

Any chance we can get the bonus from guardian phase changed from endurance to max health like clerics are getting? Without this change we will be behind both other tanks in total HP.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    yes. warrior tanks get bonuses off PA, rogue tanks don't.

Champion

Any chance we can get the bonus from guardian phase changed from endurance to max health like clerics are getting
    Except with the recent changes to % of health...Cleric Tank health has gone down considerably. Careful what you ask for.
    [CENTER]
    Cleric Tank - Trinity - 100k HP Club
    3/3 IG | 4/5 PB

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    To be honest, I never paid attention to my 0/0/0 and naked/base stats in this game.

@Ailion and other replies - Thanks, I did not know that.
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-16-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EchoesIE View Post
    Except with the recent changes to % of health...Cleric Tank health has gone down considerably. Careful what you ask for.
    Really? Did they lower the percentage? Unless I have suddenly become bad at math your total health should be higher with +maxhealth% than with +end%. Unless you already have a lot of +maxhealth% that is, so it might hurt our ranger/bard spec but otherwise it should be a gain.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    The % bonuses to Endurance are all additive from its base value and items. It excludes PA bonuses.
    What's the point of having PA stats if they don't work like actual stats?

Ok, to be clear I'm asking for a change from +end% to +maxhealth% while the percent stays the same. Clerics should be rather unhappy with their percentage dropping from 90% to 60%. The goal here should be to bring all the tanks in the same trier gear and PAs to approximately the same (raid buffed) health, right now warriors are ahead for no good reason.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Sumelar View Post
    To fall further behind in PA scaling compared to the other 3 classes. I'm aware of the reply someone will make to that and if you can't figure out what I mean, gg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumelar View Post
    Should treat PA stats like vials, they are like just a final additive over your stats.

+ Reply to Thread