+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By 420MySTiC

Thread: rogue tank and hit rating

Soulwalker

Default rogue tank and hit rating

This seems like a question that would have been asked / discussed, but search and perusing didn't turn anything up.

Anyway, it was suggested to me that a rogue tank would need 200 hit before tanking GP / DH (I had about 160). I'd be curious to hear people's reactions to that. I'm assuming hit only affects the ability to hold threat. What hit rating do you tank with?

Thanks.

You want same hit rating as Tank that you want as DPS, for DH/GP you can have 200, or even 190 and do it fine, but 220 is recommended for T1 raids, to have 100% hit for that Tier.
    AFK.

It's recommended to as tank to have the "no-change-for-miss/dodge" hit values, that being 120 for expert, 220 for raid tier 1 (dh/gp/gsb/ros) and 320 for raid tier 2 (dps needs these values). A tank can get away with less, unless you are on interrupt duty. Less you have, the more random is your threat.
    Last edited by Rizz; 02-15-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Rathi@Gelidra <Invictus>
    IRotP: Conqueror | NM TD: 4/4

Anyone tested if hit rating affects Planar Vortex?

If it doesn't, hit rating shouldn't matter, as I'm not aware Planar Int. can miss, and Vortex alone is enough threat usually.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rizz View Post
    It's recommended to as tank to have the "no-change-for-miss/dodge" hit values, that being 120 for expert, 220 for raid tier 1 (dh/gp/gsb/ros) and 320 for raid tier 2 (dps needs these values). A tank can get away with less, unless you are on interrupt duty. Less you have, the more random is your threat.
    the min reqs to NEVER miss is - experts 100, t1raid 200, t2 raid 300

the reasoning for the extra 20 hit is that 20 extra hit negates the chance for BOSSES ONLY to dodge your attacks. so having the exact min is just fine.

however you should STILL try for the 120, 220, and 320 (360 for akylios) hit reqs

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    Anyone tested if hit rating affects Planar Vortex?

If it doesn't, hit rating shouldn't matter, as I'm not aware Planar Int. can miss, and Vortex alone is enough threat usually.
    you STILL need hit even if PV and PI never miss by design. because you still need to build up 5cps for your finishers which are crucial for rogue tanks, so you dont want to be missing and taking longer to get your finisher buffs up
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Soulwalker

You definitely want to get your hit cap as a tank when you know you have some spell interrupt to do.

For instance when tanking Beruhast if you're below 320 hit you'll get some miss on Lash interrupt which means heavy damage on raid if the boss has buff stacks from previously spawned adds.

Afaik hit cap is never a threat issue assuming you're high enough to get cp and buffs. I started Tier 2 raids with 280 hit and never got a boss aggro pulled from me.

Soulwalker

Thanks. And I hadn't even considered the need for combo points.

Looking forward to getting back to rift and rogue tanking (most fun I've ever had tanking).

+ Reply to Thread