+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Am0n

Thread: Need PvP help

Soulwalker

Default Need PvP help

Hey guys,

I'm a fairly new 50 and I'm struggling pretty hard in PvP, I've played WoW for 4 years and have always been in the top 10 teams server wise but I can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've been rolling with either MM/SIN or Sin/RS and neither seem to work for me, MM/SIN can't 1v1 anything, has no defensive cd's and has extremely low damage (hitting for 200 with SS and 1k finishers). Sin/rs relies way too much on stealth, has 1 gap closer and gets kited super hard vs casters and once again has hardly any damage output (200 builders 1k finishers).

Maybe I'm missing something here but I can't seem to find a spec that's has some survivability and decent damage as well, every class I come up against just rolls me in 3-4 gcd's/casts. Anyone able to throw me a bone here?

NB/RS (people hate it, but it works) or Nightman would be my suggestions. But i don't really PvP much anymore, i just don't enjoy it.

Also check out http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...some-vids.html Am0n's PvP guide, some nice stuff in there.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

~Quiescent

Soulwalker

Thanks but neither of those really help me out, in WoW it was pretty obvious what spells abilities to use and when to use them, in rift, there's like 20 different abilities per spec.

What exactly do you want to accomplish man? What souls do you enjoy? I know everyone keeps preaching to get gear, but you can do work at lower levels. Anyone crying is trying to super man it.

My fiancee just hit level 50 on her Cleric. I put together a Inquis-icar spec for her, and at rank 1 she is coming in the top three damage dealers in most WF's we are in.

I don't think Clerics are anywhere near OP in the DPS department, so for her to do that to me is proof that really anyone can. (She plays on a stone-age laptop with her touchpad)

The thing is with Rogue*At least for me* all the fun specs are in your face kinds of builds, so getting melted IS going to happen a lot more than for her range spec. If you want any help shoot me a PM, tell me what three souls you enjoy the most, and how you want to play and I am sure we could put something together that can get work done.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    What exactly do you want to accomplish man? What souls do you enjoy? I know everyone keeps preaching to get gear, but you can do work at lower levels. Anyone crying is trying to super man it.

My fiancee just hit level 50 on her Cleric. I put together a Inquis-icar spec for her, and at rank 1 she is coming in the top three damage dealers in most WF's we are in.

I don't think Clerics are anywhere near OP in the DPS department, so for her to do that to me is proof that really anyone can. (She plays on a stone-age laptop with her touchpad)

The thing is with Rogue*At least for me* all the fun specs are in your face kinds of builds, so getting melted IS going to happen a lot more than for her range spec. If you want any help shoot me a PM, tell me what three souls you enjoy the most, and how you want to play and I am sure we could put something together that can get work done.
    Totally pm'd <3

Soulwalker

i would say i am pretty bad at pvp but i find myself having a lot of success with this build

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...dR.ic0IzRoz.-0

+ Reply to Thread