+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stealth and macros

Telaran

Default Stealth and macros

In a lot of pvp videos lately I see players with macros that they use in stealth? What are they macroing to their stealth skills? And... In WoW (Yes this is not WoW) But you could make a macro to sap the nearest target, This was very handy in Rogue vs Rogue stealth fights, perhaps someone could fill me in if there is anything like this now that there has been so many changes.

Thanks in advance

It'd be nice if you gave an example >_> just because someone uses a macro in stealth doesn't mean they're necessary. The only one I can really think of is Assassin, you could tie your Expose Weakness to your opener so you get it immediately, like so:

#show Jagged Strike
    cast Expose Weakness
    cast Jagged Strike
    ~Quiescent

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Stretchme View Post
    In a lot of pvp videos lately I see players with macros that they use in stealth? What are they macroing to their stealth skills? And... In WoW (Yes this is not WoW) But you could make a macro to sap the nearest target, This was very handy in Rogue vs Rogue stealth fights, perhaps someone could fill me in if there is anything like this now that there has been so many changes.

Thanks in advance
    umm macroes in stealth could beeee using shadow stalk which doesnt break stealth to teleport first, or expose weakness which doesnt either and gives extra damage for 20 attacks.
    or maybe /target nearest target/ cast incapisitate <<not sure how it works

i dont bother with macroes in stealth the use of my mouse/ numbers on my mouse is good enough...yes i click on occasions sue me XD.

out of stealth is another situation though :P i use a mouseover macro for my blinding powder for pvp so i can stun then blind someone to take out 1 of my targets so i dont get crowded and die XD
    {WinterXI >>>> 13th Edition}

Rift Disciple

its most likely

#show stealth
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast stealth
    cast hidden vale (if you have hv)

or i suppose you could do something like this

#show slip away
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast [shift] slip away
    cast stealth
    cast hidden vale (if you have hv)

the 2nd macro will do the same as the first except for example if you have the macro bound to 1, just hitting 1 would stealth you, 1 again would activate hidden vale, then shift+1 would cast slip away (exactly the same as binding slip away to shift 1 on a different bar/slot, just saves bar room)

can also use [ctrl] or [alt]

also for either of these macros to work you need to have the Ability Queue set to NONE or off (settings > interface > action bars > ability queue drop down box)
    Last edited by 420MySTiC; 02-14-2012 at 06:48 PM.
    Help
    <Blackout>
    Seastone 8/8ID

Telaran

My guess would be the shadow stalk type abilities and expose weakness. I use those type of macros to save space and so when I come out of stealth my stealth openers/abilities are in the same key order as my out of stealth abilities.

+ Reply to Thread