+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP, torn on 0-pt Soul

Default PvP, torn on 0-pt Soul

Gah, I'm torn and can't make up my mind. I'm a relatively new PvPer, running a 44mm 22sin build. I was hoping a more experienced PvPer could weigh in on the topic and help me choose the most beneficial 0pt soul.

Bladedancer for Side Steps- 50% dodge increase for 15secs, 2 min CD
    Riftstalker for Shadow Shift- 15 meter teleport, 45 sec CD
    or
    Saboteur for Adhesive Bomb- AoE movement speed debuff, %70 reduction, 15 sec CD

Please, "Play whatever you like" isn't the answer I'm looking for. I'm asking experienced PvPers that know which is the most effective for getting out of trouble. I've pretty much eliminated BD on my own already as I think it's the least effective of the bunch. My build has Break Free (obviously), on the double (improved), retreat, Cut and Run, and I'm not sure if Shadow Shift or Adhesive Bomb would accent the build better.

Any constructive help/advice is greatly appreciated!

I havent played my rogue in a while. But i know that when im on my cleric adhesive bomb is really annoying if there is a dom around. Of the 3 id say adhesive bomb. Simply because the cd is 15 seconds.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

I was thinking since I can change the 0 pt soul whenever, I was gonna have the Riftstalker for any flag running I intend to do, and Adhesive Bomb for general purpose PvP... but... the Adhesive bomb may be better for running also, which is why I was asking around. Thanks for the input! I also find Adhesive Bomb extremely annoying.

You might want to take into account that SS doesn't feed CC DR.

They all have their purpose, rotate as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    They all have their purpose, rotate as needed.
    Quoted For Emphasis & Truth

Side steps is the most powerful and useful cooldown - drawback: long cool-down.
    Riftstalker port is the most effective at leaving combat combined with On the Double - adhesive bomb is useless against people who can port back to melee range 5 times in a row.
    Adhesive bomb is just slightly annoying to people for 3 seconds but is useful offensively if you don't have crippling shot I guess.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Side steps is the most powerful and useful cooldown - drawback: long cool-down.
    Riftstalker port is the most effective at leaving combat combined with On the Double - adhesive bomb is useless against people who can port back to melee range 5 times in a row.
    Adhesive bomb is just slightly annoying to people for 3 seconds but is useful offensively if you don't have crippling shot I guess.
    Valery@Zaviel - Mage | Valzz - Cleric | Soulsky - Rogue | Introvert - Warrior
    Everything you need to know for Mage: www.valvalval.net

Shadow shift shadow shift shadow shift shadow shift shadow shift shadow shift shadow shift shadow shift shadow shift
    ~Quiescent

Pretty much what Rott said. The beauty of having a 0-pt soul is the flexibility it provides.

IMO SS since you will use it to keep running and make nb/rs or rb's waste their ports trying to keep up with you.

*ports to you* Static shot, retreat *ported* shadow shift *ported* on the double. If he's still on you, repeat with quick reload, retreat etc.

Bye bye whoever!
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    IMO SS since you will use it to keep running and make nb/rs or rb's waste their ports trying to keep up with you.

*ports to you* Static shot, retreat *ported* shadow shift *ported* on the double. If he's still on you, repeat with quick reload, retreat etc.

Bye bye whoever!
    You would make them one very sad NB/RS or teleporting warrior person lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    You would make them one very sad NB/RS or teleporting warrior person lol.
    I do! It's even worse if I barbed shot in there and let them think I stopped running... Only to just... Keep... Out... Of... Range... RAPID FIRE SHOT

Lol.

Sometimes it does backfire though. I've had mms, NBs, rbs etc all get so fixated on killing me they'll ignore everything else, open on me while I'm brawling with someone else etc and call me bad names

It's why I'm forced to spec survival over the pure pvp dps mm builds. Lol.
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Eraghon View Post
    Gah, I'm torn and can't make up my mind. I'm a relatively new PvPer, running a 44mm 22sin build. I was hoping a more experienced PvPer could weigh in on the topic and help me choose the most beneficial 0pt soul.

Bladedancer for Side Steps- 50% dodge increase for 15secs, 2 min CD
    Riftstalker for Shadow Shift- 15 meter teleport, 45 sec CD
    or
    Saboteur for Adhesive Bomb- AoE movement speed debuff, %70 reduction, 15 sec CD

Please, "Play whatever you like" isn't the answer I'm looking for. I'm asking experienced PvPers that know which is the most effective for getting out of trouble. I've pretty much eliminated BD on my own already as I think it's the least effective of the bunch. My build has Break Free (obviously), on the double (improved), retreat, Cut and Run, and I'm not sure if Shadow Shift or Adhesive Bomb would accent the build better.

Any constructive help/advice is greatly appreciated!
    When I ran that spec, I put my 0 pt in BD for Side Steps (but, then, my Rogue is a Bahmi and gets a serviceable 'port for free, so there's that). Adhesive Bomb is okay, but Side Steps has more overall utility in a mainly PUG PvP environment (lack of coordination means a little more survivability is to be preferred).

If you have the luxury of often getting to run in better coordinated premades a lot and/or your battlegroup tends to have a lot of (good) healers queue on your side you can stick close to, YMMV.
    Last edited by Amuk; 02-16-2012 at 01:05 PM.

Qseyu: Rogue Rank 8--er--40 ... Jhiqi: Mage Level 50
    [4/4 GP 4/4 DH 5/5 GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 ROTP 3/11 HK]
    Firebrand <High On Fire>

<High On Fire> is recruiting for our raid team. Visit us to apply.

Plane Walker

As an MM, I swear by the 0pt RS skill. It's saved my *** countless times.

The further the gap is from the enemy and myself, the better my advantage.
    Last edited by Neykho; 02-16-2012 at 01:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast