+ Reply to Thread

Thread: detonate

Telaran

Default detonate

Searched the forums for this and could not find the simple answer. Is detonate considered a finisher? specifically will it proc opportunity from the ranger tree? Thanks

Ascendant

Detonate is a finisher. If you've ever played Sab, you'd know this as it is the only finisher a Sab has. Not sure if it procs opportunity, but it wouldn't be useful anyhow. You always want to detonate 5 charges unless the mob is about to die.

Rift Chaser

I don't really know but it will work the other way-after a ranged finisher you can detonate on the oppurtunity cp if you have charges on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by ChelequaRom View Post
    I don't really know but it will work the other way-after a ranged finisher you can detonate on the oppurtunity cp if you have charges on the target.
    That is actually a VERY interesting concent. 5xspike>head shot>detonate. Or 5xshrapnel>Conc Blast>Detonate

Need to test
    Last edited by Gynxz; 02-14-2012 at 12:24 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    That is actually a VERY interesting concent. 5xspike>head shot>detonate. Or 5xshrapnel>Conc Blast>Detonate

Need to test
    You won't be able to det after the headshot because I believe det still requires at least 1 combo point.
    You'd have to: Spike5, HS, Quickshot, Det

Meh, besides the initial pre load (silent setup) dont see it being good. Nice finisher trick but sabo doesn't offer any other benefit (besides dext). And for Aoe Trick show will probably be a lot better.

Soulwalker

When I get home I'm going to try:

Embers Charge x5 > Rapid Fire Shot > Swift Shot > Detonate > Rapid Setup > Blast Charge > Annihilation Bomb
    Then just follow it up Carpet Bombing > Annihilation Bombs

It'll make me a 2 minute wonder but it might be fun if they don't notice me apply the first charges lol.
    Last edited by Xannon; 02-14-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Soulwalker

Actually it would probably still be pretty weak.
    Since you won't be using det you won't get Charge Booster or High Explosives.
    So ya... Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Xannon View Post
    When I get home I'm going to try:

Embers Charge x5 > Rapid Fire Shot > Swift Shot > Detonate > Rapid Setup > Blast Charge > Annihilation Bomb
    Then just follow it up Carpet Bombing > Annihilation Bombs

It'll make me a 2 minute wonder but it might be fun if they don't notice me apply the first charges lol.
    U dont need to Swift shot after finisher. thats the whole discussion, to use oportunity after a ranger finisher.

Detonate is not classed as a ranged finisher apparently as I tested it on PTS and it didn't proc opportunity. Doesn't make a lot of sense as it has a default range of 20m but there we are.
    Dummy Foundry rocks. CQ blows. Energy is meh. MORE ROLE SLOTS! Burma shave.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TroubleMagnet View Post
    Detonate is not classed as a ranged finisher apparently as I tested it on PTS and it didn't proc opportunity. Doesn't make a lot of sense as it has a default range of 20m but there we are.
    thank you sir.

+ Reply to Thread