+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Missing the mark: Low dps MM

Soulwalker

Default Missing the mark: Low dps MM

Well hello there!

I have a problem and lurking on the boards has not been of much help. Not to say that posts related to my problem are bad, far from it! I just can not seem to make must use of some of the answers.

Now the problem... I am a MM51 and my DPS in expert dungeons is horrrrrrrrible. Im talking lowwwww. if this was golf i would be winning low.

My "rotation" as it were... is strafe,bullseye,rapidshot then i reload and repeat. moving on to empowered shot, shadowfire quick shot for the dot then headshot for the damage buff.

I repeat the build up for rapid shot or deadeye. rince and repeat until dead.

against other rogues of similar gear im around 400dps... while they are around 9000

Any advice oh fellows of the cloak?

Shadowlander

You should start with shadowfire as it gives you the 15% or whatever increase to damage, also always have your buffs on. As 51 MM you should use EM one of the first biffs you get and silver tips the last one. Use Lightining Fury (i think its called that) on CD as it procs EM and does good damage.

As for your cooldowns use strafe -> bullsesy -> DEADEYE SHOT -> Reload and repeat. RFS only crits off the first hit so the other 4 hits are just normal. Deadeye is what you want to use with Bullseye..Everyother time use RFS whenever its off CD.

Thats just about all i use..its quite simple once you get used to it.
    Last edited by kpdona72; 02-14-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Are you not wearing the +hit gear that is allowing you to queue? Forgetting your electrified and silver tip munitions? Moving too much?
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Assuming you're 51 MM 15 Ranger...
    Back in the day when I ran that spec, I always started fights out like this:

Spam Macro to 5 CP > RFS
    Strafe > Bullseye > Deadeye
    Quick Reload
    Spam Macro to 5 CP > RFS
    Strafe > Bullseye > Deadeye

and continued with the spam macro and finisher macro, using everything as it came of cooldown.

Spam Macro:

#show Shadow Fire
    cast Shadow Fire
    cast Splinter Shot
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Quick Shot

Finisher Macro;

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot

Of course, I used the Ranger Crystal.

EDIT: and yes, make sure you've got the right buffs up. I'm at school at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's just Predatory Instincts, Silver Tip Munitions, and Electrified. (might be missing something?)
    Last edited by Rootyy; 02-14-2012 at 09:00 AM.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Soulwalker

I have no where perfected my rotation, but I rarely get ousted by anyone close to my gear.

When 2 targets or more spam this macro.

#show Fan Out
    cast Lightning Fury
    cast Fan Out

Single target adds in some fun.

I use this for builder:
    #show Quick Shot
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Quick Shot

This for your finisher:
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    Cast Hasted Shot

Shadow Fire is your most important ability. You want to keep it up at all times, but don't put it in macro, dps loss. Also I like to use it when when you have 2 seconds left on the buff duration as that is the amount of time it takes to cast it (unless you get the synergy crystal).

For the rotation.

SF, builder, Finisher, strafe, head shot, builder, Bulls eye, deadeye, builder, finisher(rapid fire should by back up by now), quick reload, rinse repeat

Deadeye is only worth using when it crits so I tend to only use it when bullseye is up. I also use splinter shot. But I dont' put it in macro due to the cast bar. Don't want to be casting it then having to move. For the bosses the move a lot I try to keep Barbed shot on them as well.

You want to keep the Quick shot bleed up at all times. This sometimes means you use quick shot before Stafe or cut it short.

When I see that my rapid fire shot is within 1-2 GCD from being used again and I am at 5cp already. I used 1 more builder, and then wait the slight pause to make sure I use rapid fire.

Soulwalker

If it was me I would go with:

Single Target

Initial Rotation
    Shadow Fire
    Quick Shot for IQS
    Swift Shot x2
    Headshot

Second Rotation
    Quick Shot for IQS
    Strafe
    Bull's Eye macro Dead Eye Shot

Third Rotation
    Quick Shot for IQS
    Swift Shot x4
    Rapid Fire Shot

Then make sure you keep up Shadow Fire buff (25 secs) and Bestial Fury buff (1 min) and use Strafe and Rapid Fire Shot on cooldown. Finish with Dead Eye shot when everything else is on CD or the buffs are up. Keeping up IQS is a DPS gain as well. You can macro Shadow Fire to Swift Shot to make it easier but you will clip Shadow Fire by 5 secs each time. Not a huge loss but it is a loss. I would also use Quick Reload to start it all over again. If you have Ranger crystal this build is even better because of the instant Shadow Fire and Splinter Shot. Don't add splinter shot to the rotation until you have the ranger crystal making them instant casts.

AOE

Shadow Fire
    Bull's Eye
    Lightning Fury
    Fan Out

This can be put in a macro just like it is. Can hit Quick Reload to get double use of Bull's Eye as well.
    In in a dungeon this is the button you will normally use on trash. Just spam it and you will do fine.

Practice on the dummy a few mins and the rotation becomes easy. Hope this helps!

Ozik

Quote Originally Posted by Rootyy View Post
    Assuming you're 51 MM 15 Ranger...
    Back in the day when I ran that spec, I always started fights out like this:

Spam Macro to 5 CP > Headshot
    Strafe > RFS
    Spam to 5 CP > Bullseye > Deadeye
    Quick Reload
    Strafe > RFS
    Spam to 5 > Bullseye > Deadeye

and continued with the spam macro and finisher macro, using everything as it came of cooldown, and keeping Headshot buff up.

Spam Macro:

#show Shadow Fire
    cast Shadow Fire
    cast Splinter Shot
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Quick Shot

Finisher Macro;

#show Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Deadeye Shot

Head Shot Macro:

#show headshot
    cast headshot (lol)

Of course, I used the Ranger Crystal.

EDIT: and yes, make sure you've got the right buffs up. I'm at school at the moment, but I'm pretty sure it's just Predatory Instincts, Silver Tip Munitions, and Electrified. (might be missing something?)
    The original was flawed, here's the fixed...
    I specced for the headshot buff, here's the rotation with Headshot.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinxworks View Post
    The jist of all the above for TL; DR terms is 51MM is about debuff & buff management along with rotation.

Ensure that Shadowfire buff is always up.
    Ensure that Bestial Fury from Head Shot is always up.
    Ensure that the bleed from Splinter Shot is always up on target.
    Ensure that the bleed from Improved Quickshot is always up on target.
    Ensure that either armor debuff (Piercing Shot or Lightning Fury) is always up on target...Disregard if any other player has an armor debuff.

Then work on refining your rotation.

Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Sphinxworks View Post
    Well hello there!

I have a problem and lurking on the boards has not been of much help. Not to say that posts related to my problem are bad, far from it! I just can not seem to make must use of some of the answers.

Now the problem... I am a MM51 and my DPS in expert dungeons is horrrrrrrrible. Im talking lowwwww. if this was golf i would be winning low.

My "rotation" as it were... is strafe,bullseye,rapidshot then i reload and repeat. moving on to empowered shot, shadowfire quick shot for the dot then headshot for the damage buff.

I repeat the build up for rapid shot or deadeye. rince and repeat until dead.

against other rogues of similar gear im around 400dps... while they are around 9000

Whats ur gear like? Do you have any Syn Crystal?
    For Now:
    • Always start with Shadow fire
    • Never use Bulls Eye for Rapid Fire (it only procs the FIRST shot only), use it with Dead Eye.
    • NEVER USE CROSSFIRE ('cept to piss of the tank, but its a dps loss)

Soulwalker

Thank you all for the input!

I am at work right now and so I can not list my gear but I will try when I get home..(if my Valentine with let me =P )

I do know off the top of my head that my hit is at 205 right now but I could not list anything eles.

Again thank you for the tips! I will post again when I have some more info!

If you're wearing the T2 dungeon gear, don't use splinter or empowered shot. They're both dps losses.

Make sure you put your buffs up - electrified munitions and silver tipped munitions.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

+ Reply to Thread