+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Macro lag?

Telaran

Default Macro lag?

Anyone else notice that there is a bit of lag with macros? Im finding myself at times sitting there with almost full energy and not being able to use my skills.. I've tried this with all the que times none- short- etc and i'm still having issues. Any tips or tricks? please don't say "Don't use macros" as thats not what im asking, I never noticed this issue in 1.5 and before..

I don't have this problem, are you macroing BD? Because that is the only build i am aware of with macro lag. Also Backstab will cause macro issues if you are not behind your target.

As for what to do about it, push buttons faster? There isn't really much you can do.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Telaran

Hm no not with just bd, I do have back stab in a few but im also experiencing it with my NB specs as well.. I'm testing it with the button release option now instead of the press and that seems to be a bit better, but not by much

Telaran

maybe you´re energy starved ;)

Quote Originally Posted by aleCs View Post
    maybe you´re energy starved ;)
    Did you even read? He said his energy is full.

OP you are probably experiencing "Ability Lag". If you are on a high pop server sometimes your abilities don't fire off fast. It's like when you are lagging, but nothing on your screen lags not even NPS's, just your abilities.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

No, it's not serverlag.
    And it's not energystarvation.

I had the same problem a few times, mostly on bosses that keep changing directions because they aim some random debuff/spell at a player within the raid.

And it only happens when macro-ing backstab + anytimer.

I think the problem is having "short ability queueing" or however it's called.
    You press the macro, the game wants you to use backstab in 0.1sec or something and the boss looks right into your raid and your character cant use backstab -> nothing happens.

Normally you would just keep spamming the macro and another skill fires off, but sometimes it's feels like the macro is broken for a couple seconds and you need to re-target the boss or use another skill.

Kinda hard to understand what is causing the "macrolag" tho.
    Last edited by Coffande; 02-14-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Rogue

General of Telara

I haven't noticed any issues with macros since they were a bit "mushy" a few patches ago with regards to (G)CDs and not wanting to send off the next command in line until the current (G)CD was finished.

Macros with conditional/cooldown skills will only fire off that skill if it's castable at the time you hit the button. If your Backstab isn't off cooldown, it'll skip it and go to the next skill in the macro, even if it would have come off cooldown in the ability queue window of opportunity.

At least, I think that's how it works based on my experience. Basically, don't spam macros with conditional skills, try and hit it as late as you can without giving yourself down time between actions due to lag.

+ Reply to Thread