+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42

Thread: So what spec beats chlorodom in 1v1?

  1. #1
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default So what spec beats chlorodom in 1v1?

    Other than MM that is.

    Squirrel + heals is possibly the stupidest combo trion could have come up with.

    Hell, at least Poly in WoW heals the target.

  2. #2
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    I find that NB/RS works the best in most 1v1 fights. Good damage and survivability + heal debuff/leech.

    Assassin has good damage, but without a heal debuff now that every class can heal itself that isn't enough. Is squishy and gets owned too easily. Damage needs an increase, or given a heal debuff for viability.

    MM is good at ranged support, but quite frankly has no way to kill a competent player without help. Used to be able to kill stuff fast and kite a little if necessary. Now I hit sidesteps and teleport all over them, killing 2-3 at a time.

    Sab is useless, which has been discussed enough times.

    Ranger is like a MM...but worse.

    BD...not sure, I never see high BD's. Probably because physical damage sucks in PvP, and it isn't really a toe to toe fighter like it's supposed to be.
    Last edited by Calo; 02-13-2012 at 11:08 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    I've been pulling it off with BD/Sin/NB. Is probably the hardest fight currently though.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  4. #4
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I've been pulling it off with BD/Sin/NB. Is probably the hardest fight currently though.
    Probably not doable until you have 4pc HK.

    Those stupid splits just destroy any spec that can't dodge them.

    Heal debuffs don't work so well as they just need to click lolsquirrel and they are free to cleanse it off themselves, then click their heals and gain 50%+ HP back.

    All the while your leeching heals are countered by destroying yourself on the Dom armour.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Am0n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Probably not doable until you have 4pc HK.

    Those stupid splits just destroy any spec that can't dodge them.

    Heal debuffs don't work so well as they just need to click lolsquirrel and they are free to cleanse it off themselves, then click their heals and gain 50%+ HP back.

    All the while your leeching heals are countered by destroying yourself on the Dom armour.
    I dont have 4 piece. Full PvP gear. I interrupt Shackles, and slip on splits. If it is 1v1 youll have your cds lol.
    "You lost me at Balance"

  6. #6
    Banned Shadowprison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Haida Gwaii
    Posts
    1,698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Am0n View Post
    I dont have 4 piece. Full PvP gear. I interrupt Shackles, and slip on splits. If it is 1v1 youll have your cds lol.
    Interrupt doesnt do much when they just recast it. They just breakfree the silence from it anyways. Plus Its impossible to interrupt it after they squirreled you, .5sec casting time just can't be interrupted that fast from a CCed position. 500ms - Your ping x3 = Your window to react to it.

    The only CDs to use against chlorodom with your spec are Slip away and Cleanse soul, outside that there's nothing really.

    Unlike pyrodom, chlorodom lives long enough to run your energy dry and totally screw with your damage by doing so.


    Not saying you don't beat them, but Bunzy is pissing me off by thinking hes good for running this spec against me (when im missing R8 gun, and 7 pieces of R7-8 gear).

    He plays it well enough to not drop like most players.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 02-13-2012 at 12:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post

    Unlike pyrodom, chlorodom lives long enough to run your energy dry and totally screw with your damage by doing so.
    Well, that right there is really getting to the heart of the big problem with Rogues. We're made for extremely short fights, while they seem to design all other classes for extremely long fights...

  8. #8
    Ascendant wickede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    nb/rs, cleanse sould+twilight transcendence=lol herp derp mage dead

    pre 1.7 good mages would be a very even fight win/lose 50/50 with simple 20rs 46 nb by only casting half their dots and drains before i used transcendence then used the rest when my cleanse was down, then it would come down to if i had ebon up or if they had split up. post 1.7, no mage has come close to beating me in a 1v1 is a chloro/dom spec, dom/pyro can put up a challenge because they have the ability to out burst the NB especially if i don't have all cooldowns. i have recently moved to a new cluster so i don't know which mages are actually good (if any) but typically in just the standard pve bloodstalker using 4p hk i can burst down any mage before they can heal or CC back up and recover, just too much instant dmg+dots.

  9. #9
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Well, that right there is really getting to the heart of the big problem with Rogues. We're made for extremely short fights, while they seem to design all other classes for extremely long fights...
    MM, Ranger, BD, RS, and Bard are fine for sustained fights. (Though it is important to keep a distance with the ranged specs) Even the NB/RS has been doing great in sustained.

    Sin and NB are bursty when concentrated on, but the burst DPS is huge and would be just dumb if able to be sustained.

    I almost choke a little at the phrase "the big problem with rogues."

    The only "big problem with rogues" I see is that there are too many of us all the time, everywhere.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    I have np against them with NB/RS.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    I wouldn't say I have no problem against them as NB/RS. They make you blow all your CDs and sometimes a pot, but after the initial shackle, split personality, traitorous.... You're kinda good to go. The problem is surviving that onslaught were void bolts from split personality are hitting for 600-800 damage with 40+ percent damage reduction from valor.

    Should really test to see if those void bolts are even taking into account valor damage reduction.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    MM, Ranger, BD, RS, and Bard are fine for sustained fights. (Though it is important to keep a distance with the ranged specs) Even the NB/RS has been doing great in sustained.

    Sin and NB are bursty when concentrated on, but the burst DPS is huge and would be just dumb if able to be sustained.

    I almost choke a little at the phrase "the big problem with rogues."

    The only "big problem with rogues" I see is that there are too many of us all the time, everywhere.
    Not sure I can agree with most of that...

    First of all, Ranger isn't even used in PvP by any real players, so why mention it? As far as MM, they are good for long fights...as long as no one sneezes on them(mega squishy). How are they to keep range when everyone in the game has so many gap closers? I haven't had a single MM escape me in NB/RS or my 51Sin/13BD/2MM build since I came back to the game. The argument sounds good in theory, but melee classes in this game are pretty mobile at this point...

    Nobody said the burst should be able to be sustained, but one of two things is going on. NB is fine(good on-demand burst, good sustained), but something isn't right with Sin(a little better in the burst arena, much lower sustained). Either the burst isn't high enough, or the sustained is too low. Why do I say that? Because the burst is fairly insignificant at this stage in the game when everyone is running 8.5-12k HP, has high valor, and plenty of ways to self-heal. Survive ~8 seconds, and that's a dead Sin. The fact that NB comes out much better in the burst vs sustained is only an examination of the raw damage - couple the heal debuff in NB and you get an even bigger gap.

    As far as being a populous class...welcome to your first MMO. It doesn't matter if Rogues are OP or UP, they always outnumber every other class. Why? Because of the stereotypes as far as I can tell from RL friends. Most of them don't want to be dress wearing sissies (mages). Most of them don't want to heal (clerics). Most of them don't want to be a "dumb oaf" (warrior). They don't seem to have any negative associations with Rogues other than they hate dying to the sneaky bastards...so I would surmise that they'd rather be the sneaky bastard.

    My main point isn't that Rogues are "gimped" by any means, but NB/RS seems to compete with other classes the best in a survivability/damage/utility perspective, and most other builds just don't stack up to it.
    Last edited by Calo; 02-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Carthoris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    620

    Default

    NB/RS does just fine.

  14. #14
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Not sure I can agree with most of that...

    First of all, Ranger isn't even used in PvP by any real players, so why mention it? As far as MM, they are good for long fights...as long as no one sneezes on them(mega squishy). How are they to keep range when everyone in the game has so many gap closers? I haven't had a single MM escape me in NB/RS or my 51Sin/13BD/2MM build since I came back to the game. The argument sounds good in theory, but melee classes in this game are pretty mobile at this point...

    Nobody said the burst should be able to be sustained, but one of two things is going on. NB is fine(good on-demand burst, good sustained), but something isn't right with Sin(a little better in the burst arena, much lower sustained). Either the burst isn't high enough, or the sustained is too low. Why do I say that? Because the burst is fairly insignificant at this stage in the game when everyone is running 8.5-12k HP, has high valor, and plenty of ways to self-heal. Survive ~8 seconds, and that's a dead Sin. The fact that NB comes out much better in the burst vs sustained is only an examination of the raw damage - couple the heal debuff in NB and you get an even bigger gap.

    As far as being a populous class...welcome to your first MMO. It doesn't matter if Rogues are OP or UP, they always outnumber every other class. Why? Because of the stereotypes as far as I can tell from RL friends. Most of them don't want to be dress wearing sissies (mages). Most of them don't want to heal (clerics). Most of them don't want to be a "dumb oaf" (warrior). They don't seem to have any negative associations with Rogues other than they hate dying to the sneaky bastards...so I would surmise that they'd rather be the sneaky bastard.

    My main point isn't that Rogues are "gimped" by any means, but NB/RS seems to compete with other classes the best in a survivability/damage/utility perspective, and most other builds just don't stack up to it.
    I disagree with your assumption on "why" most people play rogues.

    Beyond that, it's a strange point to make that; since you found a way to make a build like NB/RS that seems so above and beyond other combinations that the others are lacking instead of this combination being problematic as it is too good. What if most of the rogue builds are where they should be but this particular one was not forseen and breaks the ideal gameplay?

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    I disagree with your assumption on "why" most people play rogues.

    Beyond that, it's a strange point to make that; since you found a way to make a build like NB/RS that seems so above and beyond other combinations that the others are lacking instead of this combination being problematic as it is too good. What if most of the rogue builds are where they should be but this particular one was not forseen and breaks the ideal gameplay?
    Actually, I came to that conclusion for a very good reason. NB/RS can't be "too good" because it doesn't perform "too good" against the other three archetypes - only other rogue builds - which is how I conclude that it is the other rogue builds that are lacking.

    The only one I'm on the fence about is MM. The damage isn't that great and they aren't able to 1v1 much, but I can see an argument for their role as more of a support/debuff dps class that is meant to stick with the group instead. Ranger/Sab isn't worth mentioning because they are a joke. BD's I never see, probably because nobody wants to be stuck with all physical damage in PvP, so pretty much the same conclusion there. As far as sins, they currently use opening burst/surprise attacks just to be on equal footing with the other classes, at the cost of always being at a disadvantage if caught visible. The problem with that logic isn't hard to spot.

    To why I think most people play Rogues...like I said, I'm only speaking from people I know IRL who play MMO's. It's a small sample, so the margin of error would be pretty high. I've yet to hear anything more convincing though.
    Last edited by Calo; 02-13-2012 at 01:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts