+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moogledrink’s 1.7 Nightblade Leveling Guide

Soulwalker

Default Moogledrink’s 1.7 Nightblade Leveling Guide

Moogledrink’s 1.7 Nightblade Leveling Guide

Hello fellow Rogue players. My name is Moogledrink and I leveled as a Nightblade during 1.7. When I first wanted to try out the spec I wanted a little guidance so I checked out the forums both on here and elsewhere. Turned out there wasn't any leveling guide at all for the Nightblade soul with everything being either for End Game Raiding or at least a year out of date. So I thought I'd create a rather in depth leveling guide for this unusual class.

1. About

You're probably still reading this because you have an aptitude for ‘Spell Blade type classes. I played an Enhancement Shaman in World of Warcraft at a high level of play and was impressed by the class as a whole. It wasn't a ‘ Magic Knight, a melee class who could also cast spells (*cough* Ret Paladin *cough*), it was an actual combination utilizing instant Fire, Lightning and Nature spells and abilities that really made you feel like you were playing a melee who utilized the elements creatively.

It’s also why I was attracted to the Nightblade Soul in Rift. Throwing Fire and Death around and utilising both close and mid ranges creatively is what drew me to this particular Soul as it reminded me a lot of the Enhancement Shaman I own. The only other soul I’ve actually enjoyed in Rift so far is the Riftstalker because of the Plane Shifting.

During the following few pages I will attempt to go through step-by-step the process of levelling as a Nightblade giving my opinions and explanations on the following;

• Which talents I chose and why
    • Descriptions on both the Soul Talents and Soul Techniques
    • The order I picked them in while levelling
    • The Sub Souls I picked used to amplify the Primary Nightblade Soul
    • The Sub Souls you COULD pick because they offer a certain ability
    • Where I place my Secondary Points
    • The Macro’s I used during a certain level

So without further ado lets begin the guide!

2. Contents

Use control + F to find parts of the guide
    • 1. About
    • 2. Contents
    • 3. Leveling Guide
    • 4. Level 1 – Spec, Soul Techniques and Third Soul Choices
    • 5. Level 14 - Spec, Soul Talents and Soul Techniques
    • 6. Level 21 – Spec, Soul Talents and Soul Techniques
    • 7. Level 30 – Spec, Soul Talents and Soul Techniques
    • 8. Level 35 – Spec, Soul Talents and Soul Techniques
    • 9. Future Choices – Nightblade, Riftblade, Assassin or Bladedancer thoughts
    • 10. Level 40 – Spec, Soul Talents and Soul Techniques
    • 11. Level 45 – Spec, Soul Talents and Soul Techniques
    • 12. Level 50 – Spec, Soul Talents and Soul Techniques
    • 13. Macro’s
    • 14. Change Log
    • 15. Copyright
    • 16. Final Thoughts

3. Leveling Guide

4. Level 1

Nightblade 0 / Riftstalker 0 / Assassin 0 OR Ranger 0 OR Bladedancer 0

SOUL TECHNIQUES

Nightblade – This is your Primary Soul. All soul points will be placed here when you level up until you reach Level 14 and gain the Dusk Strike Technique at 14 points in Nightblade.

Blazing Strike – A melee finisher with added Fire Damage. This is the finisher of choice every time you stack 5 combo points on an enemy as it does more damage than all the Riftstalker finishers.

Fiery Spike – A ranged combo generator with added Fire Damage as a DoT which stacks 3 times for 10 seconds. This is the go to move for now while you are at range from the enemy.

Primal Strike – A melee combo generator with added Death Damage. This is the move you spam for now when you’re in melee range as it does more damage than Fiery Spike.

Riftstalker – This is going to be your main Sub Soul. This will be where all secondary soul points will be placed until you reach Level 14, and have 14 points in the Nightblade soul.

Planar Strike – A melee combo generator, ignore it as Nightblade’s Primal Strike does more damage.

Shadow Shift – Teleports you 15 yards forwards. Not too great because of the Nightblade’s Fiery Spike which means you have a combo generator at range. Useful however for both escaping battles and saving time walking before you get your mount.

Third Soul Choices and Techniques

Assassin – The first of the three recommended 0 point third souls. This was the one I chose while levelling because I dislike long cooldown skills and pets in general.

Savage Strike – A melee combo generator. Ignore it because Primal Strike is better.

Virulent Poison – A weapon buff lasting for an hour. It has a 20% chance to proc Water Damage after every weapon strike. This is the reason to take Assassin because the Water Damage can be improved by a lot of Nightblade’s passive talents.

Ranger – The second of the three recommended 0 point third souls.

Quick Shot – A ranged combo generator. Only very slightly useful if you want to pull from 27 yards instead of 20, but otherwise ignore it in favour of Nightblade’s Fiery Spike for your ranged needs.

Headshot – A ranged finisher. Can be useful if for whatever reason you’re unable to get in to melee range, kiting an elite etc, and can’t use Nightblade’s Blazing Strike.

Call/Dismiss: Razorbeast – The reason to take Ranger. This pet can last you well in to the level 30 range and serves as your personal tank. If you take this soul it is optional if you want to stick 4 more points in Ranger just so you can get hold of Rejuvenate, which will heal your pet over time.

Bladedancer – The last of the three recommended 0 point third souls.

Keen Strike – A melee combo generator. Ignore because Nightblade’s Primal Strike is better.

Deadly Strike – A melee finisher. Ignore because Nightblade’s Blazing Strike is better.

Side Steps – The reason to take Bladedancer. This utility move, with a 2 minute cooldown, increases your dodge by a massive 50% for 15 seconds. This allows you to survive a bad pull where you grab 5 enemies and can turn the tides in any difficult battle, especially elites.

Note: Saboteur and Marksman and Bard don’t offer too much at 0 points. Only the Saboteur’s Adhesive Bomb is of note. It can be useful if you ever range kite an elite mob but the 15 second cooldown with the snare only lasting 8 seconds isn’t worth it unless 5 points are put in Saboteur just to lower the Adhesive Bomb cooldown to 10 seconds.

-Please don't post yet, very Q_Q i can't copy and paste from the Word file I did this on-

Soulwalker

(just going to post fast, I'll edit and clean up when I'm done)

5. Level 14

Nightblade 14 / Riftstalker 4 / Assassin 0 OR Ranger 0 OR Bladedancer 0
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MpiM.m.Vhd0h

SOUL TALENTS

Nightblade – All Primary Soul Points go in here until you reach Dusk Strike

Blazing Fury 5/5: A 15% damage increase in ALL combo generating attacks.

Twilight Force 1/1: NEW TECHNIQUE - A ranged combo generating attack with added Death damage. It has a 10 second cooldown and is stronger than both Primal Strike and Fiery Spike. This is the first move to do after your opener attack from Conceal and should be kept on cooldown at all times.

Unstable State 3/3: A 9% increase in all your non-physical attacks. This accounts for basically 90% of all Nightblade damage and is a straight up increase in your combat potential.

Coup De Grace 1/5: A 3% increase in your finishing moves, which is basically just Blazing Strike.
    Fire and Death Attunement 3/3: Ignoring its first part taking this talent gives you a 6% increase in ALL of your attacks. As the talent just says ‘attacks’ this applies to both your auto attack plus to the physical and elemental damage of your abilities.

Coup De Grace 2/5: Another point here for a 6% increase in your finishing moves.
    Riftstalker – All Secondary Soul Points go in here

Unseen Fury 4/5: A 12% straight Attack Power increase affects all your damaging abilities.

SOUL TECHNIQUES

Nightblade

Conceal – A technique that puts you in a state of stealth for 30 seconds but lowers movement speed by 30%. Not only does it drastically lower your aggro radius it also allows you to use abilities that say ‘usable from Stealth only.’ If you are take damage or use an ability that says ‘breaks you from stealth’ the Conceal effect is removed. Has a 10 second cooldown that applies when you LEAVE Conceal.

Ebon Terror – A ranged combo generator usable while Concealed that deals Death Damage and disorientates the target for 2 seconds. This is your opener from Conceal, at least until level 12, as it deals more damage than a straight Fiery Spike or Primal Strike, though less than Twilight Force. However an Ebon Terror in to a Twilight Force will deal more damage than a straight Twilight Force in to Primal Strike or Fiery Spike.

Hellfire Blades – A weapon buff lasting for an hour. It has a 20% chance of inflicting Fire Damage on your target on every weapon attack. Always keep this up.

Lost Hope – A technique usable while Concealed. It incapacitates a target for up to 45 seconds or until they are damaged and doesn’t break your Conceal. It has a 20 yard range making it very easy to sap your chosen target.

Weapon Flare – A 180 targeted AoE attack that deals Fire damage and also awards a combo point. It replaces Riftstalker’s Rift Disturbance as your AoE of choice due to it’s increased damage and that it adds a combo point on hit. Use it when there are 2 or more enemies in front of you.

Dark Malady – A ranged technique usable while Concealed. This move totally replaces Ebon Terror as your Conceal opener of choice. It has a higher Death Damage output, awards 2 combo points on hit and increases ALL damage the Rogue deals for the next 8 seconds after using it.

Dusk Strike – A melee combo generator that deals Death Damage with a 10 second cooldown. It deals much more damage than Primal Strike and adds 2 combo points on hit instead of the usual 1. As such this move should be the first thing you use when you enter melee range and kept on cooldown at all times.

Riftstalker

Guarded Steel – A melee finisher that increases your armour by 30% for 30 seconds, ignore it because Nightblade’s Blazing Strike finisher does more damage.

Planebound Resilience – Self Buff that increases your Endurance for 1 hour. Always keep it up.

6. Level 21

Nightblade 14/Riftstalker 13/Assassin 0ORRanger 0OR Bladedancer 0
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MpiM.VG0h.Vhd0h

SOUL TALENTS

Riftstalker – All Primary Points go in here until Rift Scavenger is at 3/3

Unseen Fury 5/5: Finish off this for a 15% increase in your Attack Power.

Boosted Recovery 3/3: A 6% Increased healing doesn’t mean much yet but will very soon.

Exceptional Resilience 2/3: A 4% decrease in all damage done to you, filler talent but useful.

Rift Scavenger 3/3 : THE reason to go Riftstalker at first. This diamond will return up to 30% of your MAX health if the enemy dies with combo points still on it. Boosted Recovery increases the amount even further. Get used to fighting so you drop your enemy down to about 20 – 25% health with a finisher, and then just finish them with combo generators to restore you and save downtime.

SOUL TECHNIQUES

Riftstalker – Though you put 13 points in here not a lot of the actual Riftstalker techniques will be useful to you as a Nightblade yet.

Guarded Steel – A melee finisher that increases your armour by 30% for 30 seconds, ignore it because Nightblade’s Blazing Strike finisher does more damage.

Planebound Resilience – Self Buff that increases your Endurance for 1 hour. Always keep it up.

Track Air Creatures – Locates Air Creatures on your mini map. Pointless.

Annihilate – A melee finisher that increases your attack power by 15% for up to 60 seconds. Although it does less damage than Nightblade’s Blazing Strike the 15% attack power buff is noteworthy and it’s nice to use if you’re on a quest that involves killing a lot of nearby enemies as you’ll get a lot of mileage out of the 60 seconds. Refresh it every 60 secs or forget about it otherwise.

Rift Disturbance – A 360 melee AoE attack that lowers the attack and spell power of all enemies hit with it for 15 secs. It has an 8 second cooldown. Not very useful as Nightblade’s Weapon Flare deals more damage, though it can be used if you want to grab hold of mobs behind you.

Instigate – A taunt with an 8 second cooldown that forces the targeted enemy to attack you for at least 3 seconds. Only useful if you want to save someone in a pinch or take the heat off your Ranger pet if it’s about to fall.

-Please don't post yet-

Soulwalker

7. Level 30

Nightblade 27 / Riftstalker 13 / Assassin 0 OR Ranger 0 OR Bladedancer 0
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MpiM.VG0h.Vht0hog00M

SOUL TALENTS

Nightblade – All primary and secondary points in here

Coup De Grace 3/5: Adding 1 more point to move up to tier 4. 9% increase now on your finishers.

Eventide 2/2: A fantastic talent that not only increases the damage of Twilight Force and the newly obtained Dusk Strike (explained further down) by 10% each, but also lowers both of there cooldowns by 2 seconds, putting them both at 8 seconds each.

Ebon Fury 1/1: NEW TECHNIQUE – A strong utility technique that lowers the energy cost of Twilight Force and Dusk Strike by 50% and, more importantly, gives the two techniques NO cooldown. You’ll want to try and pool energy for this so you can release a barrage of Dusk Strike’s, which gives you 2 combo points, on your target. Lasts for 15 seconds and has a 2 minute cooldown.

Coup De Grace 5/5: Finally finishing this talent off with the last 2 points to move up to tier 5. A 15% increase on your finishers now.

Note: If you’re really desperate for a snare just so you can kite difficult elites. Take 2 points out of Coup De Grace and put them in to Improved Twilight Force. At 2 points you will reduce the targets movement speed down by 60% for 6 seconds, and with the Eventide talent Twilight Force will only have an 8 second cooldown, giving you enough time to re-apply the snare before you’re pounded on.

Heat Retention 5/5: Every time you gain a combo point you gain a 2% damage increase to your non physical attacks that can stack up to 5 times. When you reach 5 stacks your next finisher has its damage increased by a massive 30% though it removes all gained stacks. A must have talent.

Night Stalker 2/3: Increases the damage of Dusk Strike, Twilight Force and Blazing Strike by 10%. Not only that but if any of these moves are used against a target with less than 30% of their health remaining it will deal an ADDITIONAL 20% more damage on top! Combined with the Heat Retention talent this gives the Nightblade some serious burst damage credentials.

SOUL TECHNIQUES

Nightblade

Fell Blades – A weapon buff that lasts an hour. It has a 20% chance of inflicting Death Damage on your target on every weapon attack plus reducing all healing it receives by 50%. If you didn’t take Assassin as your third soul use this along with Hellfire Blades. Other than that stick with the Hellfire Blades/Virulent Blades combo as it deals more damage.

Twilight Shelter – A defensive utility technique with a 2 minute cooldown that decreases all damage against you by 80%, but also all damage you deal by 40%, for 5 seconds. Put this somewhere on your bars as it WILL save you at some point when you get rooted by a crazy monster and can’t afford to take the damage. You can also use it tactically on an enemy so you can load up 5 points on it for a Rift Scavenger heal without accidently killing your target.

Smouldering Blades – A weapon buff that lasts an hour. It has a 20% chance of inflicting Fire Damage over 12 seconds on your target on every weapon attack and can stack up to 5 times. When it reaches 5 stacks the next proc will deal a ton of instant Fire Damage to the target and the stacks will start from 0 again. Only use this if you’re going against an Elite or a very high HP target as it takes far too long to stack in a normal mob fight that will only last around 10 seconds anyway.

Smother – A combo generating attack usable from Conceal that deal Death Damage. It also silences the target for 5 seconds which makes it a decent opener against magic using mobs. Dark Malady should still be preferred though as Mana types are generally squishy and you should be able to burst them down fast enough before they can cast even 2 spells.

Soulwalker

8. Level 35

Nightblade 33 / Riftstalker 13 / Assassin 0 OR Bladedancer 0
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1MpiM.VG0h.Vht0hog0ss

SOUL TALENTS

Nightblade – All primary and secondary points in here

Nightstalker 3/3: Finish this talent off for a 15% damage increase to your most used moves and a further 30% damage increase to enemies below 30% health.

Enkindle 3/3: Increases all of your Fire and Death based attack power bonus’s by 45%. Basically you hit harder with around 90% of your attacks.

Dusk to Dawn 1/1 NEW TECHNIQUE: The 31 pointer of the Nightblade soul and it’s rather good. It deals a ton of Death Damage from range over a relatively short time of 4 seconds and also roots the target for the same amount of time while adding 2 combo points to the target. It also grants you a buff for 60 seconds called Nightrage. Nightrage increases the damage of your Blazing Strike for even more burst damage to the Nightblade. Since the buff lasts for 60 seconds and the cooldown of the technique is only 45 seconds this should be kept up at ALL TIMES and the cooldown should always be ticking.

Scourge of Darkness 1/1 NEW TECHNIQUE: A ranged finisher (50 yards!!) with a 30 second cooldown that deals Death Damage and causes the next 10 weapon hits to deal additional Death Damage. Use this on cooldown as the stacks don’t have a timer so you can move to a new mob and still have the buff up. Revert to Blazing Strike if the technique is still on cooldown.

SOUL TECHNIQUES

Nightblade

Fiery Chains – A 180 targeted AoE attack that deals Fire damage and also awards a combo point. It has a 6 second cooldown and deals more damage than Weapon Flare so this should be kept on cooldown at all times any time you need to AoE. Of note, Fiery Chains can only hit 6 enemies at a time, while Weapon Flare can hit a maximum of 9. So use Weapon Flare exclusively if there are ever more than 6 targets.

9. FUTURE THOUGHTS

This spec grants you the necessary survival and downtime reducing skills plus decent burst damage for a smooth levelling experience. There are a few ways you can go from here;

Adding at least 5 more points in to Nightblade, (Tier 1 Primal Death with Tier 5 Enhanced Weapon Enchantments will get you to 38) this will get you to the Twilight Transcendence technique which offers you a 50% base health heal over 4 seconds every 2 minutes as well as a 50% damage reduction on yourself while you are healing, though it lowers your own output by 40% as well.

Add points in to the Assassin Soul. The passives in there synergise very well with Nightblade techniques. Of note is the Puncture technique, a melee combo generator which grants 2 combo points plus a bleed effect and Leeching Poison, a weapon buff that has a 20% of healing you whenever you hit the target with your weapons.

Add points in to the Bladedancer Soul. Notable techniques from Bladedancer include Combat Pose, a buff that lasts 1 hour and increases your Dexterity. Reprisal, a reactionary ability when you dodge or parry an attack that doesn’t trigger the global cooldown and Flash of Steel, a ranged charge attack which grants you 2 combo points with a 15 second cooldown

Add further points in to the Riftstalker Soul. Gain more Plain Shift abilities to use as an offensive tool while utilising Stalker Phase and Planer Reversal.

Ranger has been omitted now because the pet becomes useless at around Level 35, even more so if you didn’t put 4 points in for the pet heal.

Personally I placed more points in to Riftstalker. Its added defensive abilities plus the various Plain Shifts made a great compliment to my already high burst potential from Nightblade. When I was finished with Riftstalker my remaining points went in to Bladedancer, though I’ve added what you can put in to Assassin instead of Bladedancer when the time comes. Stick with Assassin or Bladedancer for now though as your 0 pointer soul.

- please dont post yet-

Soulwalker

11. Level 45

Nightblade 33 / Riftstalker 22 / Assassin 5 OR Bladedancer 5
    AS 5: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M....Vht0hog0ss.0V
    BD 5: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...o.Vht0hog0ss.x

SOUL TALENTS

Riftstalker

Ruthless Stalker 3/3: Finally finish off this talent enabling a 15% improved Critical Hit chance.

Planar Refuge 1/1 NEW TECHNIQUE: A defensive technique with a 2 minute cooldown. For 10 seconds all the damage you take is reduced by 30%. Unlike the Nightblade defensive cooldowns this one has no drawbacks though its reduction is less. Utilising all your defensive cooldowns you have now it’s very possible you can take on elites and large groups alone.

Bladedancer – Choose one of the two Tier 1 talents and max it.

Quick Reflexes 5/5: Increases your Dodge chance by 5%. At the moment this is just an extra survival talent but the next few points will make it a decent DPS talent as well.

OPTIONAL Blade Finesse 5/5: Or some of you may prefer a straight up 25% attack bonus to your finishers instead of messing around with dodging.

OR

Assassin

Ruthlessness 5/5: Increases your Critical Hit chance by 5%. Simply put you’ll crit more.

SOUL TECHNIQUES

Riftstalker

Planar Disruption – A technique that is off the global cooldown and interrupts the enemies spell casting. Have it keybound or on your bars somewhere as stopping a heal or a Cinder Burst cast is a huge asset to you.

Bladedancer

Quick Strike – Fairly powerful melee combo builder. But you need to use Keen Strike in order to able it and since Nightblade’s don’t use Keen Strike, ignore it.

Twin Strike – A 180 melee AoE. Weapon Flare and Fiery Chains both outclass it now. Ignore.

OR

Assassin

Final Blow – A melee finisher. Blazing Strike does way more now so ignore this.

Assassinate – A melee combo point generator only usable when behind the target and stealthed and gives 2 combo points. It actually does an impressive frontload of damage but the amount of time it takes to get there, it’s only physical based damage plus the 20% damage increase from Dark Malady means this technique can also be safely ignored.

Stealth – Exactly the same as Conceal. Every Nightblade Conceal move can be used while in Stealth and vice-versa. Sadly, they both share the same 10 second cooldown so only 1 is needed.

-please dont post yet-

Soulwalker

12. Level 50
    Nightblade 33 / Riftstalker 22 / Assassin 10 OR Bladedancer 10
    AS 10: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...ht0hog0ss.0Vkc
    BD 10: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...Vht0hog0ss.xMd

SOUL TALENTS
    Bladedancer – Place either 2 points in Combat Expertise or the full 5.
    Reprisal 1/1 NEW TECHNIQUE: A reactive melee ability off the global cooldown that adds 1 combo point with a 6 second cooldown. Whenever you parry or dodge an attack you this ability will flash. Although it does low damage ALWAYS hit it when it pops, as it is off the GCD it means you’re still able to spam your other moves plus it grants you a free combo point for just 10 energy.
    Strike Back 2/2: A talent that triggers whenever you dodge or parry an attack. You have a 100% chance whenever you dodge or parry an attack to strike back with BOTH weapons at once. While your auto attack isn’t too powerful this is still free extra damage plus weapon buffs such as Hellfire Blades will trigger off this ability as well.
    Combat Expertise 2/5: The damage bonus of combo generating abilities is increased by 10%. A straight boost to all of your combo generating attacks.
    OPTIONAL Combat Expertise 5/5: Some people may prefer the full straight 25% attack power bonus to your combo point generators instead of worrying about Reprisal proccing or a dodge occurring.
    Note: 1 point Reprisal plus 4/5 in Combat Expertise for the middle group option, there is one point to spare but since your now Level 50 you can put it wherever you like.

Soulwalker

OR

Assassin

Puncture 1/1 NEW TECHNIQUE: A melee combo generator that ignores armour and deals damage plus causes the enemy to bleed for 10 seconds. Though it’s fairly weak it does offer 2 combo points as well as ignoring armour. Use this when everything else is on cooldown before resorting to Primal Strike spam again. Has a 10 second cooldown.

Serrated Blades 3/3: Whenever you critically hit with your melee weapon you apply a bleed debuff on the enemy that ticks for 100% of your weapon damage over 6 seconds and stacks 3 times. You will be critting hard and often as a Nightblade and although most mobs will be dead by the time you get a 3 stack it is still a decent damage increase.

Murderous Intent 1/2: Increases your physical damage by 2%. Not large amounts at all since most of your attacks are Fire and Death damage it won’t add up to much. But it’s the best you can get in the Soul and gives you 10 points in it.

NOTE: There is one more soul point to spare in your build but since your level 50 and levelling doesn’t matter anymore feel free to put it anywhere.

SOUL TECHNIQUES

Bladedancer

Combat Pose – A buff that increases your Dexterity for 1 hour. Keep it up at all times.

False Blade – A melee finisher that increases your Dodge by 5% for 60 seconds. In a similar vein to Annihilate from the Riftstalker soul you can choose to keep this up for more dodges and more Reprisal procs or just totally forget about it and stick to Nightblade finishers.

Compound Attack – A melee 180 AoE finisher. This is quite useful with the only downside its come really late on. It allows you to use your combo points while AoE’ing with Weapon Flare and Fiery Chains to deal pretty decent damage to up to 5 opponents.

OR

Assassin

Incapacitate – Same as Nightblade’s Lost Hope without the superior range. Ignore.

Lethal Poison – An okay choice for a weapon enhancement along with Hellfire Blades. When it’s 20%
    chance procs it deals Water damage slightly less than the Virulent Poison proc. However it also increases the Critical Hit rate on that enemy by 5%.

Elusiveness – A self utility technique usable while Stealthed and doesn’t break it, though it works with Conceal as well. For 5 seconds you greatly reduce the chance of being detected while under Stealth or Conceal. Nice to have somewhere whenever you just want to sneak through a tightly congested area or even a dungeon to solo a fetch quest.

Expose Weakness – A ranged utility talent with a 20 second cooldown that is usable both in and out of Stealth/Conceal and doesn’t break it or aggro the target. For the next 20 seconds or until you damage the enemy 20 time with anything all your physical attacks and bleeds are increased. Put this somewhere on your bar and use it either before you strike with Dark Malody or when you have Plain Shifted to the enemy.

Soulwalker

13. Macro’s
    Here is a list of the Macro’s I use to save me hassle and keybind space. Sorted in to the levels that make up the content.

Level 1 Combo Point Builder – This macro uses Primal Strike in Melee Range otherwise it switches to Fiery Spike when ranged. Have a separate Fiery Spike key though in case you ever want to stack the Fiery Spike DoT to 3 stacks.
    #show Primal Strike
    /cast Primal Strike
    /cast Fiery Spike

Level 14 Combo Point Builder – This macro uses Dusk Strike first in melee range on otherwise Twilight Force first if at range. Then it reverts to the above macro until Dusk Strike and Twilight Force come off cooldown again.
    #show Primal Strike
    /cast Dusk Strike
    /cast Twilight Force
    /cast Primal Strike
    /cast Fiery Spike

Level 21 Combo Point Builder – Same as level 14

Level 30 Combo Point Builder – Same as level 14

Level 35 Combo Point Builder – Adds Dusk to Dawn to the top of the priority list. Keep’s it on cooldown for the 60 second buff to Blazing Strike
    #show Primal Strike
    /cast Dusk to Dawn
    /cast Dusk Strike
    /cast Twilight Force
    /cast Primal Strike
    /cast Fiery Spike

Level 35 AoE Builder – Keeps the slightly stronger Fiery Chain on cooldown. Spams Weapon Flare otherwise.
    #show Weapon Flare
    /cast Fiery Chains
    /cast Weapon Flare

Level 35 Finisher – Uses Scourge of Darkness whenever it is up for the stack of buffs. Reverts to Blazing Strike otherwise.
    #show Blazing Strike
    /cast Scourge of Darkness
    /cast Blazing Strike

Level 40 Combo Point Builder – Same as level 35

Level 40 Plain Shifting – All 3 Plain Shifts affected by Planar Reversal in a one button macro. Adds 15% crit for 10 seconds every time you shift due to Ruthless Stalker. Each shift has 25 second cooldown thanks to Shadow Mastery
    #show Shadow Stalk
    /cast Shadow Assault
    /cast Shadow Blitz
    /cast Shadow Stalk

Level 45 Combo Point Builder (Assassin third) – Same as level 35

Level 45 Combo Point Builder (Bladedancer third) – Same as level 35

Level 50 Combo Point Builder (Assassin third) – Adds Puncture before Primal Strike spam for the bleed and the 2 combo points.
    #show Primal Strike
    /cast Dusk to Dawn
    /cast Dusk Strike
    /cast Twilight Force
    /cast Puncture
    /cast Primal Strike
    /cast Fiery Spike

Level 50 Stealth Opener (Assassin Third) – Uses Expose Weakness when in Stealth then reverts to Dark Malady
    #show Dark Malady
    /cast Expose Weakness
    /cast Dark Malady

Level 50 Combo Point Builder (Bladedancer third) – Adds Reprisal to the top as it is off the GCD and doesn’t interfere with any other technique. Also adds Flash of Steel for 2 combo points to be used if you’re saving both Shadow Assault and Shadow Shift or are both on CD
    #show Primal Strike
    /cast Reprisal
    /cast Dusk to Dawn
    /cast Dusk Strike
    /cast Twilight Force
    /cast Flash of Steel
    /cast Puncture
    /cast Primal Strike
    /cast Fiery Spike

Level 50 AoE Builder Finisher (Bladedancer third) – Uses Scourge of Darkness when it is off cooldown for more AoE Death Damage. Compound Attack is used otherwise.
    #show Compound Attack
    /cast Scourge of Darkness
    /cast Compound Attack

Soulwalker

14. Change Log

- 09/02/12: Began writing Nightblade 1.7 Levelling Guide
    - 13/02/12: Completed first draft to be published on Rift Forums

Will mess with the format and layout later.

15. Copyright

Copyright: 2011 Moogledrink

This may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use. It may not be placed on any web site without advanced written permission to my Rift forum avatar. My Name must be mentioned as the owner of the guide if it is used and the guide itself must remain in the state I leave it in. Only I may edit the content and using my guide without crediting me or changing the name to someone else is strictly prohibited, and a violation of copyright.

16. Final Thoughts

I welcome constructive criticism, thoughts on the Nightblade soul in general and ideas to improve this guide. Remember that this a SPECIFIC CLASS LEVELLING GUIDE. I won’t listen if anyone tells me ‘Ranger is the best solo spec’, ‘x would be a better talent against bosses’, or to any specs that doesn’t include at least 32 into Nightblade or the primary focus is more on other class abilities rather than the Nightblade itself. i.e only using Nightblades passives to boost main skills in other souls.

Soulwalker

So I read you can't even edit your posts after 1 minute has passed.

Champion

Yeah, but I can't imagine you were able to do much reading when you were typing all that!

Quote Originally Posted by rennlc View Post
    Yeah, but I can't imagine you were able to do much reading when you were typing all that!
    A smart person does this in a text file, and then copy/pastes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    A smart person does this in a text file, and then copy/pastes it.
    ^ This. You just have to go back through and add in colors or no one will read it.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Telaran

I appreciate your organization. While I would have probably done some things a little differently, organization is always a good thing.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that you cannot copyright intellectual property that is already copyrighted. While you did take a part of that and organize it to fit your desires, you have to change at least 20% of the actual material in order to copyright it as your own. Here you simply just reorganized it, and didn't actually change anything. Just some semantics that you can't really even change yet because you're not able to edit your posts.
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

+ Reply to Thread