+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Matraxia
  • 1 Post By gonemental

Thread: Tanking Rogue Questions

Plane Touched

Default Tanking Rogue Questions

Hi Rogues,

My rogue alt is currently approaching the 50 mark and I've been trying to get information on a couple of things. I have had a reasonable go at searching the forums and google but cannot reach a clear conclusion, hoping you can help or point me in the right direction.

1) I'm a warrior tank usually and I'm doing the same on my rogue. What are the best stats to prioritize here? I can find a lot of threads with opinions in them, but that's not what I'm looking for... I want to see hard and fast EHP calculations.

2) We warriors are lucky enough to have the awesome, awesome Rain's Best in Slot spreadsheet - not just a list of BiS but all the maths that goes into it too. I can find some rogue DPS BiS lists but no tanking orientated ones so far - does such a thing exist and if so where?

Cheers guys!
    LEVEL 50 ETH WARRIOR TANK - BLOODIRON
    DH 4/4 | GP 4/4 | GSB 5/5 (Conq) | RoS 5/5 (Conq) | HK 11/11 | RotP 4/4

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaynia View Post
    Hi Rogues,

My rogue alt is currently approaching the 50 mark and I've been trying to get information on a couple of things. I have had a reasonable go at searching the forums and google but cannot reach a clear conclusion, hoping you can help or point me in the right direction.

1) I'm a warrior tank usually and I'm doing the same on my rogue. What are the best stats to prioritize here? I can find a lot of threads with opinions in them, but that's not what I'm looking for... I want to see hard and fast EHP calculations.

2) We warriors are lucky enough to have the awesome, awesome Rain's Best in Slot spreadsheet - not just a list of BiS but all the maths that goes into it too. I can find some rogue DPS BiS lists but no tanking orientated ones so far - does such a thing exist and if so where?

Cheers guys!

All of your tanking stats are based off End or Dex. End >> Dex >>>>> everything else. Get enough End to get yourself into a comfortable HP level then focus Dex for Deflect/Dodge. You can tank most T2s and be comfortable with 10K HP, Raid1s with 13K-14K, Raid2 with 15K+. Self Buffed in whatever spec you choose.

Dunno where the BIS list for Rogue tanks is though. I personally prefer pieces with more Dex and less Dodge/Parry.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tristaynia View Post
    Hi Rogues,

Cheers guys!
    Well, I don't have the calculations but I can tell you the quick version.

+ End until you get around 13k hps for T2's or 16k for T3's
    After that you want as much dex as you can get.
    + Dodge is worth about half of what dex is
    + Parry is worthless

http://riftupgrades.com/

+ Reply to Thread