+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I want to live and be a Saboteur!

Default I want to live and be a Saboteur!

Title says it all, but I need some help D:

I absolutely love the saboteur class, but am having a lot of problems surviving groups while leveling. Currently I'm level 20 (I hate ranger/marksman, so no thanks on that build hehe!) and am looking for a saboteur build that can handle a few mobs at a time.

If this is impossible, then thanks for the responses anyhow!

At 20 you're best bet if you want to play Sab is to sub out Ranger and use the tank pet. Note, if you're going to do this you need to manually send your pet in. If you have it set to "defend you", then it will attack while you're trying to preload charges with silent setup.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Enaki View Post
    At 20 you're best bet if you want to play Sab is to sub out Ranger and use the tank pet. Note, if you're going to do this you need to manually send your pet in. If you have it set to "defend you", then it will attack while you're trying to preload charges with silent setup.
    Thank you for this, but I'm leveling pretty quickly so even working towards a lvl 25-30 build would be immensely helpful! I'm looking longterm bomb-throw'n fun without all that icky death in between hehe! <--- first time I've seen this smiley.. and had to use it. Very neat!

Btw, your sig quote is pretty much the best XD
    Last edited by LittleIre; 02-12-2012 at 08:21 PM.

Yikes! 70+ views and one response! Come on guys fellow gamer needing some help here

Hum... not really. Sab is a really bad soloing spec.

I remember someone saying they used to mix ranger with sab. Pet tanks and then load up the mob with silent setup, detonate for a 1 shot. Probably not the most effective build though.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

I played sab from beta till 1.1 but the problem with ranger is that, once u get silent setup, ur F'in pet will charge on first charge... so it kinda wastes Silent Setup.

One tip for leveling as sab (not a lot of people know it) with Silent Setup you can pre load charges on more than one target. you will loose the combo points but the charges last 1 mins so:

Pre load charges in 3 lose-by enemies then Detonate on the last one, tab and trow 1 charge (to add one combo point.. u cant Detonate unless u have 1 combo point) Detonate, tab+charge+detonate. 5 secs and u detonated 15 charges. you can use Blast or shrapnel.

Sab is NOT the best... but is fun as hell :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Hum... not really. Sab is a really bad soloing spec.

I remember someone saying they used to mix ranger with sab. Pet tanks and then load up the mob with silent setup, detonate for a 1 shot. Probably not the most effective build though.
    Hey thanks for the response Mayi! Yeah I saw some people posting that as well. I'd really like to avoid ranger as much as possible. I was trying to mix in riftstalker for the heal / unused combo thing.. but I have to have unused combos for that! Hehe! I sure can see how this is such a challenge. Is riftstalker (besides bard) really the only other soul that offers some self-heals?

Quote Originally Posted by Gynxz View Post
    I played sab from beta till 1.1 but the problem with ranger is that, once u get silent setup, ur F'in pet will charge on first charge... so it kinda wastes Silent Setup.

One tip for leveling as sab (not a lot of people know it) with Silent Setup you can pre load charges on more than one target. you will loose the combo points but the charges last 1 mins so:

Pre load charges in 3 lose-by enemies then Detonate on the last one, tab and trow 1 charge (to add one combo point.. u cant Detonate unless u have 1 combo point) Detonate, tab+charge+detonate. 5 secs and u detonated 15 charges. you can use Blast or shrapnel.

Sab is NOT the best... but is fun as hell :P
    Oh geez thanks for this! I still feel like I'd some heals to survive the oncoming damage, or a buffer to mitigate the damage, but this sounds like a blast! Thank you for this technique

lgw

Quote Originally Posted by LittleIre View Post
    Oh geez thanks for this! I still feel like I'd some heals to survive the oncoming damage, or a buffer to mitigate the damage, but this sounds like a blast! Thank you for this technique
    4p Riftstalker or 6p Bard can help some with that.
    I also found either some MM or Ranger to be decent to finish stuff.

Also... what the other folks said. Especially Silent Setup & Bombs and (at 31) Landmines.
    Sab is actually quite good if you can avoid randomly adding mobs. For example, when freshly 50 in crap gear and grinding Mathos rep I could easily solo the elite pats as Sab with a litte setup.

There's an old sab/bard Mez spec that sounds like what you are looking for. Silent setup, charge, detonate, Mez, reload up, detonate etc. Able to solo even elite rifts so I heard. Never tried it though since I used the rs bd grind spec haha.

The problem with sab is that all the self heals we have, such as rs, sin or mm are all bsed on some mechanic or other that sab bypasses. So essentially... Don't get hit. Use adhesive bomb to help run away!
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

Rift Chaser

Sadly, charges and detonate do not proc leeching poisons or assassin would be a good choice. Only synergy I see is al least 13 BD and 8 Brd. That way you can use your charge cp to get deadly dance, catch a buffed cadence or 2 and detonate with DD still buffing the charges.

Geez guys / gals thanks so much for responding to this. I certainly believed after sifting through these forums a bit there was just doomtalk and naysaying. At the very least you all tried to help, and gave me some wonderful ideas!

I'm going to try out what you all offered and I deeply appreciate the help!

Thank you!

You will regret this

/Justsaying
    Arshaa@Wolfsbane NA
    Arshaa@Bloodiron EU
    <Diefied>T1 10/12 HK 0/10
    What's a cleanse ?

I think Sab will make for some very fun AoE solo builds come 1.8. At the moment, it's probably the most neglected Rogue soul of all.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeantkeys View Post
    You will regret this

/Justsaying
    How so? If the OP has fun playing it who are we to judge?

Sadly, I can offer little in the way of advice here. I did level my rogue 1-50 as a Sabo but that was back in 1.0 when a sabo could kill pretty much every single non-elite mob in the world with one detonate so being hit was pretty much never going to happen.

Learn to love adhesive bomb. It is your best friend when you aggro too much. Just be careful when running back not to aggro more mobs lol.

Someone mentioned comboing with BD for the Deadly dance synergy but be advised, that synergy is greatly reduced on the PTS and thus, likely going to be greatly reduced come 1.8 so don't get too attached to that if you do try it. IF you do try it, I will suggest comboing this with Riftstalker. The Riftstalker component will give you the ability to get in melee range for deadly dance, AND proc 15% more crit (which would probably more than double your crit rate) and a damage shield. Also, with stalker phase, you get 20% more damage after the shift (5% always, 15% after shift) which leads to bigger booms.

Also keep in mind, that in 1.8, Sabo is getting an overhaul. From the PTS, it looks like they will obliterate enemy groups so there's some good stuff coming on the horizon for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast