+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assassin/RS vs NB/RS ... Stealth question.

Soulwalker

Default Assassin/RS vs NB/RS ... Stealth question.

I am new to the game, bought it pre-release but only played 1 month, back now and have a question about stealth in PVP.

I am currently level 38 with my Assassin (32) / Riftblade (18) / Sab (0) and enjoying it very much both in PVE and PVP. If I get to open from stealth I usually win most fights (I understand that this will get harder and harder as I gain more levels) and I think that is why I am so curious about NB / RS combo. From what I can tell this tree (NB) don't get the option to have a stealth that lasts until cancelled?

My question is: How is this combo played in Warfronts if I can't sneak around whenever and for however long I want to. Is it more like playing a DPS Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Clownhead View Post
    I am new to the game, bought it pre-release but only played 1 month, back now and have a question about stealth in PVP.

I am currently level 38 with my Assassin (32) / Riftblade (18) / Sab (0) and enjoying it very much both in PVE and PVP. If I get to open from stealth I usually win most fights (I understand that this will get harder and harder as I gain more levels) and I think that is why I am so curious about NB / RS combo. From what I can tell this tree (NB) don't get the option to have a stealth that lasts until cancelled?

My question is: How is this combo played in Warfronts if I can't sneak around whenever and for however long I want to. Is it more like playing a DPS Warrior?
    Yeah, that's a good way to think of it. It's a DPS warrior with more defensive cooldowns, more offensive cooldowns, more raw dps, and the ability to actually run away if the fight goes sour. So pretty much nothing like a dps warrior except it fights in melee range.

Champion

Your envy is showing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKomissar View Post
    Yeah, that's a good way to think of it. It's a DPS warrior with more defensive cooldowns, more offensive cooldowns, more raw dps, and the ability to actually run away if the fight goes sour. So pretty much nothing like a dps warrior except it fights in melee range.
    5 *looks like 7.62* rounds isn't going to stop much o.O
    Upgrade to an M14.

Still 7.62, but you can mow down quite a few more from a fairly decent range. Still wouldn't seem like the weapon of choice for a Warrior and more the designated Marksman though.
    Last edited by Am0n; 02-12-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    "You lost me at Balance"

NB/RS has a more watered-down version of stealth, but it's more effective in a group fight. It can tank more damage, deal more damage, AoE and self heal.
    ~Quiescent

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Clownhead View Post

I went the exact same route you did before switching over to an NB / RS / SAB role. Basically your macros are going to be set up the same way just with slightly different talents. For me the Twilight****** abilites replaced my Slip Away and for stealth trust me, you will learn to live without the perma stealth. Instead of going perma stealth and finding your target you will need to wait until they are in sight then go stealth. At least this is what I do.

The big advantage with the NB build is the raw output of damage it puts out, and its fast burst damage. For me after my opener (2 points) I start my melee and I am at 5 points in about 3 seconds if not sooner for my finisher. Furthermore it is for the most part sustainable damage.

You mention that if you get to open from stealth first you can usually win. Imagine that same fight with, lets say 25 - 40% better affectiveness. I am so glad I read many a post from other Rogues recommending the NB / RS build.

Enjoy the body count once you build it.

-G

+ Reply to Thread