+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling as a Rogue.

Telaran

Default Leveling as a Rogue.

Returning player trying to find some info on this as far as specs and possible macro/rotations go. I looked in the guide section but saw nothing. Can anyone offer some helpful advice, would be much appreciated.

Get Rift scavenger from Riftstalker, and combo it with Bladedancer for some AoE and self healing capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxagallanxchi View Post
    Get Rift scavenger from Riftstalker, and combo it with Bladedancer for some AoE and self healing capability.
    Is this for a multipurpose type build? I figure dungeons will be best but am also pretty sure that queing as dps only will make the wait long.

Quote Originally Posted by Malacore View Post
    Is this for a multipurpose type build? I figure dungeons will be best but am also pretty sure that queing as dps only will make the wait long.
    Nah, that build is more for soloing since it has no need to stop and drink. Pure DPS type. For dungeons, I can't honestly help since I've only done like 2 since I started playing this game back in Beta. Not sure what works in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Rift Chaser

no one will care what your dps spec is in leveling dungeons.
    BOO!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Lighteyes View Post
    no one will care what your dps spec is in leveling dungeons.
    I care if I'm not doing the dps I should be.

Honestly not sure what the best way to level is tbh. I leveled my tank in dungeons so not sure if that or questing are best.

Champion

The fastest leveilng is probably mixing quests, grinding, and dungeons. Do dungeons for a few blue items and keeping your MH up to snuff. Then follow the quest paths and just kill everything in sight while only stopping to turn the quests you've completed in as you transition to new areas.

And yeah, definitely have a spec handy for dungeon DPS just to speed up the leveling process. If the way our DPS specs and gearing work at level 50 is any indication, nothing will beat a BD/sin spec for lower level DPS. BD up to 3/3 deadly dance and then sin up to 3/3 serrated blades for starters. Add magnify pain, some points in the +% dmg to combo builders in NB, and you'll be carrying the guys DPSing in their soloing specs.

Run marksman with leftover ranger for dungeons.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

+ Reply to Thread