+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Marksman-archer kind of class

Telaran

Default Marksman-archer kind of class

Hi I am new to Rift n still finding my way in games. I played a pyro/archon mage is having a bit of fun but I am always looking to play a archer kind of class in mmo n wanted to find out if an arrow shooting with good range is still good for end game? Will archer be call up for raid, instance run? Or mage dps is much preferred end game?

Point me to the right direction, guys I am interested in range dps that is useful to grps in instance, raids. If melee dps is preferred end game, I am ready to have a go as well

You want to play a Rogue.

They have the ability to be the Marksman/Archer style character you want as well as Melee DPS/Tanking/Healing Support.

It's a great all round class

Telaran

But is a marksman a good end game class? i mean DPS wide does it justify it's place in the raid / dungeon?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Movesie View Post
    But is a marksman a good end game class? i mean DPS wide does it justify it's place in the raid / dungeon?
    MM does v.good dps in raids.

Telaran

Thanks guys! sorry for those multiple questions, but in end game play, lvl 50 onwards, mage or MM is more preferred in raids / dungeon and mass pvp?

I am working and wont have all day to play.. and wanted to set on one main char that is useful to parties in end game

RIFT Guide Writer

They're both equally valid. Mage can heal, support and DPS, rogues can Tank, support and DPS.

If you're in a serious raiding guild they will expect you to melee sometimes as rogue, however if you have limitted time I can't see that happenning.

Just play which one you like, and you'll be right.
    Rumpunch (W) - Rumedy (C) - Chaos Inc of Laethys
    Rumbelina (W) - Rummstein (R) - Rumic (M) - Seraphim of Laethys
    My warriors be mostly using......

+ Reply to Thread