+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can't think of any other spec I would use in pvp now.

Plane Walker

Default Can't think of any other spec I would use in pvp now.

After I finally learned (somewhat) how to play nb/rs, other specs are starting to look kinda meh now.
    The survivability of it without outside healing is just too good to pass up now it seems. And with it, it's a party. (I swear there's 3 times more healers on guardian side these days.)

Are there any other specs I can try out to match how much fun I have with nb/rs? (which is quite a bit)
    I even abandoned my 51 MM spec now. Now it's just port->port->port.
    Last edited by Rozel; 02-11-2012 at 01:40 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    After I finally learned (somewhat) how to play nb/rs, other specs are starting to look kinda meh now.
    The survivability of it without outside healing is just too good to pass up now it seems. And with it, it's a party. (I swear there's 3 times more healers on guardian side these days.)

Are there any other specs I can try out to match how much fun I have with nb/rs? (which is quite a bit)
    I even abandoned my 51 MM spec now. Now it's just port->port->port.
    Its called noobstalker for a reason. Against any competent team, you are a free kill that does no damage.

Plane Walker

I can't seem to get it to work. I end up doing roughly the same damage as 51 MM with nb/rs, except to make any use of it I have to be in the thick of everything, whereas with MM I can just find a place to hide and shoot from far away. Scourge of darkness is a pain to keep up too.

I always end up with way more kills and dps on the charts with MM than any of the melee specs. Which kind of sucks because I picked rogue originally for the WoW assassin archetype.

What's your rank? I'm 26 so maybe I need a little better gear to make it work right.

Plane Walker

Survivability is high, but in a team setting, 44+ MM contributes a whole lot more.

Plane Walker

It's just that when you're an MM, and there's no one healing the front lines, the front lines gonna drop quick. Not to mention the competent who go around the wall and aim at the squishy.
    Plus all the heals the other team gets just makes each of my pew pews less noteworthy. Dealing more burst with nb/rs and drawing fire seems to be working quite a bit...So it feels like a brick cannon.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Its called noobstalker for a reason. Against any competent team, you are a free kill that does no damage.
    Its pretty awesome that you offer no alternative. Pretty useless.

38/28 sucks but 51/15 or 48/18 is good if you know what you are doing

NB/RS works against almost everyone because almost everyone is trying to be a solo hero in the WF. You spec for the Metagame (anyone who have done any competitive pvp gaming knows this), and atm the Metagame is noob vs noob, thats why PyroDom works so well, thats why warriors still do tanking builds and thats why 99% of the clerics are successful with warden or warden/sent builds. Anytime NB/RS doesn't work its because the other team has some smart opponents in their side and might have some sync guild duos qued up. If that's the case youve lost either way.

I don't know why people keep preaching the whole NB/RS doesn't work against smart people when you rarely run into them, and when you do its rare thats its more than 1 working together, like i said above everyone is too busy being the solo hero.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Puandro View Post
    NB/RS works against almost everyone because almost everyone is trying to be a solo hero in the WF. You spec for the Metagame (anyone who have done any competitive pvp gaming knows this), and atm the Metagame is noob vs noob, thats why PyroDom works so well, thats why warriors still do tanking builds and thats why 99% of the clerics are successful with warden or warden/sent builds. Anytime NB/RS doesn't work its because the other team has some smart opponents in their side and might have some sync guild duos qued up. If that's the case youve lost either way.

I don't know why people keep preaching the whole NB/RS doesn't work against smart people when you rarely run into them, and when you do its rare thats its more than 1 working together, like i said above everyone is too busy being the solo hero.
    You bring up a good point. Let me add to it.

I can kick the **** out of people, with Saboteur a lot of the time. MOST people PvPing in this game are tunnelvisioning *****. Which I'm kinda glad for in a way. I'd probably quit my rogue for good if I had to play MM in PvP. It's bland and boring lol.

From personal experience, I have yet to encounter ANYBODY in warfronts that was able to stop me as a NB/RS without having a healer on them or another person helping them DPS me down. And even then, I make them work for the kill. There's no need to concern yourself with what intelligent people will do because quite frankly, there is probably 1 per 1000 PvPers. Probably less than that even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

51NB/15BD, it gibs healers so good.

Plane Touched

Sabo? I had to lol there =)

44NB/22RS if you need to tank/zerg/solo stuff. If you time your CDs right you can kill 2 people as well and if you have ebon fury, DtD and a stealth opener you might even kill that R40 heal cleric.

Otherwise MM with 2 pieces of T4 gear and Ranger cristal works miracles for me.

And if the other team sucks completely (Tankwarriors, Bards and their like) just do some melee barding (44Bard8RS14BD). It's like you have a target mark on your head. Especially if you are a naked male high elf ^^ (And please don't ever Trolololotankbard. Even Tankwarriors contribute more to their team than those...)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Beetlebomb View Post
    I can't seem to get it to work. I end up doing roughly the same damage as 51 MM with nb/rs, except to make any use of it I have to be in the thick of everything, whereas with MM I can just find a place to hide and shoot from far away. Scourge of darkness is a pain to keep up too.

I always end up with way more kills and dps on the charts with MM than any of the melee specs. Which kind of sucks because I picked rogue originally for the WoW assassin archetype.

What's your rank? I'm 26 so maybe I need a little better gear to make it work right.
    Rank 37 (was 36 but I did my daily pvp and got 37,lol), but I still use the p6 gear (middle gear now?) as converting to p8 (high gear?) would make my synergy crystal an hp boost only. Oh, p36 weapons besides offhand sucks.

When I was playing MM, it'd be too easy to be one of the top dps as my fan out (yep, I use it when there's more aoe around) hits 500s and 800s crits on squishy. There was usually all the squishy huddled up, so eventually people started to drop as their healer ran outa mp quick. But it just sucks a bit to know that you'e an easy kill if they catch you (library FFFUUUUU.)

Oh, and bardings out as I don't see why I should bard and depend on people who can't figure out that the walls in warfront are VERY easy to jump over. (Erm, tanks in warfronts are easy to ignore and just go straight for that squishy.) I aim with a rage at people with serendipity on. It may be ignorant of me to the people who do focus, but when I know I can drop people...Barding just doesn't seems like a loss of dps. Sure it helps to fluff damage and buff up, but 72x3 a candence followed by a 900ish heal doesn't really help but delay the inevitable as people can do more then enough dps in the 3 gcds it took for a bard to heal properly. Now add that could be 2-5 people beating on one person...so good luck trying to keep that person up as a bard. Bards work best with a main healer. No main, rather not bard then.

Plane Walker

2-pieces of HK gear + Ranger crystal for fun times!

I play my pve MM build in pvp and do fine, 51MM-10rng-5rs.

It may just be experience and I don't pvp much anymore, but I always do well. Crippling from ranger helps a lot in a MM build.

I don't think a lot of people play MM correctly, like they don't purge, so it might just be what I'm best at. I don't know if it's 'one of the best', I just play it because I'm used to it and since I use it in pve I don't need to devote a role for pvping. I do well so haven't seen a need to try other builds.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    51NB/15BD, it gibs healers so good.
    ive found 15RS to be better, rift scavenger = so much win, especially with 48-51 nb where things drop so fast without finishers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast