+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: (BUG) Coda of Jeopardy/SO/Illuminate receiving damage bonus' for Rogue.

Koe

Default (BUG) Coda of Jeopardy/SO/Illuminate receiving damage bonus' for Rogue.

This is making Coda of Jeopardy, SO, and Illuminate do more damage than is intended for Rogues.

List of traits I have tested:

Stalker Phase
    Stalker Phase Planeshift Buff
    Single-Minded Focus
    Murderous Intent

These all have boosted CoJ, SO, and IMs damage.

Also, a bug with Expose Weakness:

Expose Weakness applies the damage to CoJ/SO/Illuminate but it does NOT take a charge from Expose Weakness.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Koe

Update:

Killing Focus and Shadow Fire do NOT increase the damage.
    Master Archer does NOT increase the damage.

Bestial Fury DOES increase CoJ/SO/IM damage.
    Prey on the Weak DOES increase CoJ/SO/IM damage.

My conclusion: Any +x% damage(just +x%, not ranged or melee), or +x% physical damage will boost the damage of CoJ/SO/IM.

Also, the

Expose Weakness BUG of NOT taking charges but still GETTING THE INCREASED DAMAGE on CoJ/SO/IM needs to be fixed.

Upped the size so it doesn't fall to the side of people reading.
    Last edited by Koe; 02-10-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    Free music! It's legal!

Koe

Blade Tempo and Turn the Tide DO increase the damage of CoJ/SO/IM.

Silver-Tipped Munitions DOES increase the damage.
    Last edited by Koe; 02-10-2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Free music! It's legal!

Koe

Melted Skin and Fire and Death Attunement BOTH increase the damage.
    Free music! It's legal!

Champion

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

why?

Koe

Just hopped on to my mage to confirm(not like I needed to):

Internalize Charge
    Increases ALL of the mages damage by 20% when active.

Does not boost CoJ/SO/IM.

This, along with my parses where all callings do the same damage except for Rogue, that Rogue is bugged and doing more damage than is intended with CoJ, SO, and IM. Also, Expose Weakness is bugged with these abilities.
    Free music! It's legal!

Telaran

See...this is why we can't have nice things...Forum post about something that boosts the damage of one ability by 10-20%. 20% of 500 is 100. SO et al. can only happen once every 3 seconds. So we're talking about a maximum of 33ish DPS increase when people are reaching 3k+. We're talking about 1% dps in a game where the DPS checks are only that close if you are undergeared.

Reminds me of a basketball player talking about "practice...not a game...just practice..."
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Clarith View Post
    See...this is why we can't have nice things...Forum post about something that boosts the damage of one ability by 10-20%. 20% of 500 is 100. SO et al. can only happen once every 3 seconds. So we're talking about a maximum of 33ish DPS increase when people are reaching 3k+. We're talking about 1% dps in a game where the DPS checks are only that close if you are undergeared.

Reminds me of a basketball player talking about "practice...not a game...just practice..."
    You couldn't be further from the truth. We can't have nice **** because people like you would rather hide the bugs, and get over nerfed later.

Great thinking Einstein..

Good find Koe.
    "You lost me at Balance"

Koe

Don't forget EW working on them without taking any charges.

It's a bug and it needs fixing; Regardless of whether it's in our favor or not.
    Free music! It's legal!

Ascendant

Eh, this was posted over a month ago. Only thing new is Koe spent the time to figure out exactly what the having the effect besides the simple issue of deafening music affecting the bards numbers and it sometimes critting for the bard.

And everyone should be for fixing bugs so that things are working correctly, from that point if there is a competitiveness issue, it is up to the developers to fix it.

Koe

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Eh, this was posted over a month ago. Only thing new is Koe spent the time to figure out exactly what the having the effect besides the simple issue of deafening music affecting the bards numbers and it sometimes critting for the bard.
    Deafening Music does not affect the Bard.
    Free music! It's legal!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Koe View Post
    Deafening Music does not affect the Bard.
    sure about that, prior testing with two separate BD builds, no subsouls showed it did. aka it was giving different numbers (higher) than an archon doing illum for the bard.
    Last edited by Durango; 02-10-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Koe

sure about that, prior testing with two separate BD builds, no subsouls showed it did.
    When I just tested it, it had no effect.

Either they fixed it, or the numbers during BT were used.
    Free music! It's legal!

RIFT Guide Writer

There is some faulty testing here which results from assuming rogue equals bard and the source of CoJ does not matter. This is not a bug affects all rogues, however there is a bug which makes bard receive damage bonuses to at least his own CoJ.

And everyone should be for fixing bugs so that things are working correctly, from that point if there is a competitiveness issue, it is up to the developers to fix it.
    I'd like to say I agree, but there are some bugs that bring us into line with other callings in a way that I don't believe trion would compensate for if the past is any indication.
    Edit: Koe confirm/deny on Gery post above? Are you doing this testing while applying CoJ yourself, or are you having someone else do it/illuminate, while you are in various dps spec
    Last edited by Adnoz; 02-10-2012 at 11:49 PM.

(Gear)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast