+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ailion: Bard Coda of Jeopardy clarification

Telaran

Default Ailion: Bard Coda of Jeopardy clarification

Ailion can you clarify if a Bards Coda of Jeopardy is supposed to be blocked and consume combat points if a Chloros Wild Growth is up? As of now, using the skill while Wild Growth is active, CoJ will not apply. If CoJ is active, and Wild Growth is applied, then CoJ is removed and is unable to be reapplied during the duration of Wild Growth.

Something doesnt seem to be working as intended here.
    Payden: The Great White Afro

-=Wipe Guild=- Briarcliff
    11/11 Hammerknell

Ascendant

This works the same way as Spotter's Order back in the day, also the same thing with Illuminate. I assume this was intended so people don't get a huge damage buff/bonus from stacking all sorts of debuffs on the target. Just reapply CoJ/SO/Illuminate when Wild Growth expires.

Edit: Reading comprehension here, I assume it's also intended to consume the CP as I believe Illuiminate/SO also consumes mana/attack points if they try to apply it as well.
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-10-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Ascendant

Yah, always worked that way but would be nice if SO/CoJ/Illum was just straight up blocked while WG was active. It's not a huge deal, but wasting 4.5/5s of CP is kind of a pain if it can be avoided by a "simple" check for WG. Especially since Dev's have recently talked about some type of debuff hierarchy.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

have the cloros make yell macros so you know when wild growth is up then count in your head 10-15 seconds and re-apply jeopardy

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    This works the same way as Spotter's Order back in the day, also the same thing with Illuminate. I assume this was intended so people don't get a huge damage buff/bonus from stacking all sorts of debuffs on the target. Just reapply CoJ/SO/Illuminate when Wild Growth expires.

Edit: Reading comprehension here, I assume it's also intended to consume the CP as I believe Illuiminate/SO also consumes mana/attack points if they try to apply it as well.
    That is correct for Spotter's Order. It consumes the three attack points even if not applied. I just watch the debuff bar of the target because Wild Growth is a rather easy one to pick out (purple outline with a green tree) and apply after it ticks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    have the cloros make yell macros so you know when wild growth is up then count in your head 10-15 seconds and re-apply jeopardy
    Or, you can use karuulalert to check for you and let you know when Wild Growth is active.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellik View Post
    Or, you can use karuulalert to check for you and let you know when Wild Growth is active.
    Do you have an input for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Not at my home computer, but you can execute a check on the target for the buff/debuff.

I use the Layer Attribute and place my check for Coda of Jeopardy and Wild Growth in the same place so I know if I can cast it and if CoJ is on the target.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mellik View Post
    Thanks for that!

CoJ just seems badly designed. Why do the AOE debuffs give the same effect but for longer duration at more CPs, but CoJ needs to be ramped up to a full 5CP to do its full effect? Warriors can save up 3AP and do a full effect Spotter's Order much more easily, and Mages can just whack Illumination on for full effect whenever the hell they feel like. But rogues? No, we need to use a cheesy stopcasting macro to build combo points faster on each new target and then blow a finisher.

It should also be sorted out so that debuffs with the same (or lesser) effectiveness and a shorter duration don't overwrite CoJ. Makes building up your 60-second debuff even more pointless when it gets bumped off in a matter of seconds. And if they don't want Wild Growth stacking with CoJ, just let them both be up but CoJ does nothing while Wild Growth is in effect, instead of messing us around making us reapply it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    CoJ just seems badly designed. Why do the AOE debuffs give the same effect but for longer duration at more CPs, but CoJ needs to be ramped up to a full 5CP to do its full effect? Warriors can save up 3AP and do a full effect Spotter's Order much more easily, and Mages can just whack Illumination on for full effect whenever the hell they feel like. But rogues? No, we need to use a cheesy stopcasting macro to build combo points faster on each new target and then blow a finisher.

It should also be sorted out so that debuffs with the same (or lesser) effectiveness and a shorter duration don't overwrite CoJ. Makes building up your 60-second debuff even more pointless when it gets bumped off in a matter of seconds. And if they don't want Wild Growth stacking with CoJ, just let them both be up but CoJ does nothing while Wild Growth is in effect, instead of messing us around making us reapply it.
    It takes Warriors 4.5s to get 3CP and Rogues 5 or less if they use stop casting, so it's about the same. No other real way to limit it for Mages, which is kind of weird.

Also, you know it can only effect 1 mob right? At least, that's how SO always worked....You could see the debuff on multiple mobs, but it'll only proc on the most recent one.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    And if they don't want Wild Growth stacking with CoJ, just let them both be up but CoJ does nothing while Wild Growth is in effect, instead of messing us around making us reapply it.
    this is how I feel too.. I know there are work arounds and raid alerts and such but its still simply put, a design nuisance.

11/11 Hammerknell

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mattya802 View Post
    It takes Warriors 4.5s to get 3CP and Rogues 5 or less if they use stop casting, so it's about the same. No other real way to limit it for Mages, which is kind of weird.
    A bard can generate 5 cps in 1-3s depending on riff or cadence (full cadence + clipped = 5 cp in 3 seconds always).

Also, you know it can only effect 1 mob right? At least, that's how SO always worked....You could see the debuff on multiple mobs, but it'll only proc on the most recent one.
    Yep, there is a per player (which means pets procing counts as the players as well) ICD of 3s. The fastest it can ever be applied per person therefore is once every 3s regardless of the number of mobs hit with SO/CoJ/Illum hit.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by PaydenFuhl View Post
    this is how I feel too.. I know there are work arounds and raid alerts and such but its still simply put, a design nuisance.
    It really isn't an issue, you just have to be on the ball, there is enough in between time as a bard that you shouldn't have any issue getting it applied within 1-2 seconds of wild growth going down.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    It really isn't an issue, you just have to be on the ball, there is enough in between time as a bard that you shouldn't have any issue getting it applied within 1-2 seconds of wild growth going down.
    So... Name me other finisher skills that when used have a chance to produce zero results. Its not an issue because weve found work arounds which tells me its not working as intended.

11/11 Hammerknell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast