+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [BUG] Rifstalker shield is still reflecting damage for each tick of DOTs

Default [BUG] Rifstalker shield is still reflecting damage for each tick of DOTs

RIFTSTALKER
    * Shadow Stalk: Using this ability should no longer put both the player and the target into combat.
    * Rift Barrier: The damage shield from Rift Guard now only reflects damage from the first tick of a DoT, in line with other damage shields in the game.
    * Planar Vortex: The damage from Planar Vortex now takes the Riftstalker out of stealth.

Was supposed to be fixed in 1.7, but is still bugged. Makes Whitefall all the more pleasant when you can't chase that runner because his shield is keeping you from mounting for 10 seconds...
    Cayleb - P50 Warrior [@Seastone]
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Let me guess, you got owned by a rogue, and you're trying to find a way to attribute it to anything but player skill.

Seems to be WAI to me, +1 on thinking the warrior hates getting owned.
    I make lots of money I make more money than you, I drive around in my limo that's what I was born to do,
    and I might like you better if we fought together, if its not to be you know I got something better for you,
    NAKED PICTURES OF YOUR MOTHER!

I'm confused...you guys read the patch notes I posted right? The part where it specifically says Rift Barrier is only supposed to reflect the first tick of a DOT?

You recognized that I play a warrior, which implies you read my signature, written in red text. The patch notes I meant to highlight are also written in red text. This should have made it easy for you to read them, and comment on the nature of the bug. But for some reason, you felt it was necessary to focus on me being a warrior instead of the issue at hand. Maybe your irrational aggression towards warriors stems from an abusive history?

Anyways...just yesterday while playing a Whitefall match, I was blocked from mounting because I had a DOT ticking on the rogue as he ran away. It's not player skill, it's not an exploit, it's a bug. Something that was supposed to already be fixed, but isn't. Just trying to bring it to the Ailion's attention.
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Try to get screenshots if you want this to be taken seriously as a bug report; until then there's no way of anyone verifying it was actually what you described as opposed to any number of other dots or other effects on your character that you didn't notice.

RIFT Guide Writer

Tooltip says rift guard reflects back a portion of all damage absorbed, not just first tick. A real bug would be if it didn't do that. Rift guard does not work like the other damage shields which do a predetermined amount of damage back to the attacker instead of a portion of damage taken.

So if that was in patch notes then it was there by mistake before someone noticed that it would have been a bug to make it work on first tick only.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Tooltip says rift guard reflects back a portion of all damage absorbed, not just first tick. A real bug would be if it didn't do that. Rift guard does not work like the other damage shields which do a predetermined amount of damage back to the attacker instead of a portion of damage taken.

So if that was in patch notes then it was there by mistake before someone noticed that it would have been a bug to make it work on first tick only.
    That's a pretty arrogant assumption, considering every other damage shield in the game only works on the first tick of a DOT, and Ailion himself confirmed that's the way Rift Barrier is supposed to work.
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by Scrumdiddly View Post
    Try to get screenshots if you want this to be taken seriously as a bug report; until then there's no way of anyone verifying it was actually what you described as opposed to any number of other dots or other effects on your character that you didn't notice.
    It's not that difficult to reproduce, but I guess I'll get a screenshot of it the next time it happens. And normal DOTs don't prevent you from mounting. You can mount through the damage ticks. Rift Barrier reflects on your DOTs however will block you from mounting every tick.
    EX - <Exalted>
    EX - <Tempest Wolves>
    EX - @Dayblind

Quote Originally Posted by bear_on_the_job View Post
    RIFTSTALKER
    * Shadow Stalk: Using this ability should no longer put both the player and the target into combat.
    * Rift Barrier: The damage shield from Rift Guard now only reflects damage from the first tick of a DoT, in line with other damage shields in the game.
    * Planar Vortex: The damage from Planar Vortex now takes the Riftstalker out of stealth.

Was supposed to be fixed in 1.7, but is still bugged. Makes Whitefall all the more pleasant when you can't chase that runner because his shield is keeping you from mounting for 10 seconds...
    I find it odd that in reviewing your posts I couldn't find a single instance of you starting a [BUG] thread for any bugs that benefited Warriors.

I'm sure with that in mind you can understand why the responses you received were less than supportive.

+ Reply to Thread