+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any point in taking foul play now?

Default Any point in taking foul play now?

99% of the time I use it they are immune, the other 1% it lasts like 1.8 seconds...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    99% of the time I use it they are immune, the other 1% it lasts like 1.8 seconds...
    Maybe as an assassin you shouldnt be trying to team fight? The whole role is based off ganking. To think otherwise you must be ******ed.

Edit: Also what happened to you "quitting" and going to play that other game with Lightsabers.
    Last edited by Swiftly; 02-08-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Shoo Marksman. Nobody cares about your ranged pew pew griefs. And where did I say SWTOR? My HD just crashed, and BF3 is getting old really fast.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 02-08-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Champion

Still worth taking. Less worth using.

RIFT Community Ambassador

kinda reminds me how TRION just hates all crowd control. the very fact they are in the souls is one huge joke to make us all have to watch as ppl are immune immune immune and cannot be stopped.

thats only pvp tho... pve its still just as bad only sometimes occasionally you can get some stun/snare/silence off on a few specific mobs.
    Last edited by HeavyMetalLucidity; 02-08-2012 at 06:00 PM.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Rift Master

Anytime I cast Dusk To Dawn, 99.99% of the time, I get immune.

Yet I can get Squirreled and Feared 500x in a row.

Makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    A rogue can top the parse on every boss in HK if they use the right spec, and it's been that way for months.

Default Lol

Maybe as an assassin you shouldnt be trying to team fight? The whole role is based off ganking. To think otherwise you must be ******ed.
    First, ignorant statement. "Gank" is a shortened form of "Gangkill", which is when a group of people kill a single opponent in MMORPGs. A rogue that kills a player that is unsuspecting is simply doing what the mechanic and play style of the rogue is all about. There is nothing insidious about that style of play. So using stealth in a team fight is perfectly legitimate although obviously not as easy.

Second, which warfront is not team play again? Oh that's right. None. Until they invest in a RvR type situation to where the benefits solo can equate to "team play", you would be extremely ill advised to spend undervalued time soloing in wpvp. The consistency and efficiency of warfronts outweighs any benefits to wpvp.
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalLucidity View Post
    kinda reminds me how TRION just hates all crowd control. the very fact they are in the souls is one huge joke to make us all have to watch as ppl are immune immune immune and cannot be stopped.

thats only pvp tho... pve its still just as bad only sometimes occasionally you can get some stun/snare/silence off on a few specific mobs.
    That is one thing COH did do write when it came to CD and big bosses they had a resistance you could stack enough mez or CC on the boss to over come the boss it would work but they where not called the purple triangles of doom for nothing they could be over come with the right team make up just not easily. It also made it hard to perma hold them you could with the right pieces it was just darn hard to do.

Sword of Telara

Only thing I've found to do with my sin so far... is basically to give myself away. I run up stealthed.. use my stealth 'sap', wait for them to breakfree, then I wait out the immune period, and go through my normal routine. Otherwise, yeah... Everyone under the sun having breakfree has definitely made the stunning a lot more difficult. Utilizing both of the dust attacks helps as well. Basically anything to make an opponent burn their breakfree and other abilities.. and don't try another until their immunity is down.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    First, ignorant statement. "Gank" is a shortened form of "Gangkill", which is when a group of people kill a single opponent in MMORPGs. A rogue that kills a player that is unsuspecting is simply doing what the mechanic and play style of the rogue is all about. There is nothing insidious about that style of play. So using stealth in a team fight is perfectly legitimate although obviously not as easy.

Second, which warfront is not team play again? Oh that's right. None. Until they invest in a RvR type situation to where the benefits solo can equate to "team play", you would be extremely ill advised to spend undervalued time soloing in wpvp. The consistency and efficiency of warfronts outweighs any benefits to wpvp.
    First, You're horrible. If you're worried about team synergy, assassin is not optimal, nor even remotely good. If you want stealth play Nightblade. Assassin is not Sublety rogue, it never will be.

Second, If im solo queing for warfronts, im not in there for "teamplay". I'm in there to kill people. Whether that be solo ganking people off by themselves, or playing MM or NB with the grp, im there to kill people, and that usually doesnt require team work, because 99% of the people playing this game are horrid.

Nowhere in my reply mentioned anything about Wpvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    Shoo Marksman. Nobody cares about your ranged pew pew griefs. And where did I say SWTOR? My HD just crashed, and BF3 is getting old really fast.
    I rarely if ever play MM anymore when I even decide to PVP. PVP has been boring as ****, and pointless since 1.4. It just became even more irrelevant with 1.7.

+ Reply to Thread