+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Deflect Itemization

Rift Chaser

Default Deflect Itemization

http://finella.nemissa.info/dump/oak-woven-trousers.jpg

Dropped in the GSB chronicle for a guildmate.

Apparently they are starting to put stuff in that has deflect on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Finella View Post

I guess I need to check my gear
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Ascendant

Neat, I'll have to check my stuff too!

I think it's mostly new items that have Deflect specifically on them.

There are a few old items that got changed to say Deflect/Block, for instance Way of the Water or Arkryons Mirror. Probly in the future we will see more Deflect items.
    Last edited by Hellebron; 02-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador

shame they didnt start with all the plaque/mark gear... ya know the gear that ppl that depend on those kinda stats would actually matter to.

at least they are finally putting it in though.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Random vendor trash in soloable content now has better itemisation than relic gear? Sounds about par for the course.

Come on, I mean, there can't be that many roguetank items in the game - especially if they only focus on raid-level stuff - how hard can it be to do a quick sweep and rejig the stats on them?

Patch 1.8 - When rogues switch into a riftstalker tank role, they temporarily become warriors.

If and when they go back and revamp rogue tank items stat them with deflect, it would probably officially spell the end of the uniqueness that rogue tanks were. ... though now that I think about it, that probably ended with the release of HK.

Face it, they gave up on trying to make rogue tanks viable on its own. Every possible solution to preserve its uniqueness ends up being situationally brokenly overpowered.

So they copped out, slapped deflect on rogues and band-aided 20% deflect chance on our bread and butter tank finisher and called it a day.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more homogenization between RS and warrior tanks in the future.

... though it makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Patch 1.8 - When rogues switch into a riftstalker tank role, they temporarily become warriors.

If and when they go back and revamp rogue tank items stat them with deflect, it would probably officially spell the end of the uniqueness that rogue tanks were. ... though now that I think about it, that probably ended with the release of HK.

Face it, they gave up on trying to make rogue tanks viable on its own. Every possible solution to preserve its uniqueness ends up being situationally brokenly overpowered.

So they copped out, slapped deflect on rogues and band-aided 20% deflect chance on our bread and butter tank finisher and called it a day.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more homogenization between RS and warrior tanks in the future.

is this uniquness you speak of the ability to turn into rogue colored sludge from some bad RNG? All this does is keep us alive longer to use out unique talents. Mobility, Defensive CDs ..... this is good all around. I don't feel like a warrior at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post

So the only difference between rogues and warriors is block? Not sure wtf you are talking about.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Daglar (I think) said that new / future items being put into the game will have +deflect, they simply didn't want to sweep old items . We're going to see a resultant drop in avoidance in the next content tier I think but hopefully that will bring us a bit closer to par with Warriors and Clerics in terms of block chance and absorb.

Rift Chaser

What exactly is Deflection? My rogue is 50 now, so I need to start thinking about gear and stats a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumelar View Post
    What exactly is Deflection? My rogue is 50 now, so I need to start thinking about gear and stats a bit more.
    Deflection is a Rogue only ability that functions similarly to Block. You must have the Riftstalker Soul and use Guardian Phase for the Deflect Ability to be turned on.

So, you can think of going into Guardian Phase as equipping a shield...
    Last edited by Mellik; 02-10-2012 at 05:43 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mellik View Post
    Deflection is a Rogue only ability that functions similarly to Block. You must have the Riftstalker Soul and use Guardian Phase for the Deflect Ability to be turned on.

So, you can think of going into Guardian Phase as equipping a shield...
    Makes sense, the ended up giving druids and death knights a block analogue in WoW because it was too hard to balance otherwise.

A little surprised to see the warrior tank whining in the other threads. It might be different in cutting edge raiding, where it doesn't actually reflect the rest of the game, but everywhere I go with my characters rogue tanks are king. So much harder to gain and hold aggro as a warrior or cleric, and the durability is pretty much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    So the only difference between rogues and warriors is block? Not sure wtf you are talking about.
    Were you around for the original rogue tank qq fest? Roughly july of '11, when HK was released and rouge tanks as they were were completely unusable outside of tanking trash?

Are you aware of the math behind the various tanks?

Rift Guard makes up for the armor difference between a rogue and a warrior tank. That's it.

HK geared warrior has just a few % less dodge and parry compared to rogues. Magic mitigation wise we're sort of behind, but are roughly equal.

Our awesome HP pool? Oh wait, I see 22k HP warrior tanks in our roster. Our full relic'd Rogue tank sits at 19.5. Warriors are beefier!

So yes. The only real difference between rogues and warriors was block.

None of all the other many many little tiny differences is worth a dime while tanking a boss. Teleporting does what on a boss? For the longest time it was completely unusable because most of them placed you behind the boss, which would get your raid cleaved or breathed on. Currently, its just a lazy button to refresh Rift Guard for all the fail rogue tanks who can't manage to keep up their buff rotation. ST threat was never an issue (nor was aoe threat for non-fail rogue tanks, but that's kind of an old issue made obsolete by Trion catering to them and adding free aoe threat with every teleport)

Mobility? Seriously? Name a boss its actually, seriously useful on.

But go ahead. I may have just had my head up my butt for the past year and know nothing of rogue tanks.

Enlighten me.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 02-12-2012 at 03:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread