+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Using bard for aoe dps??

Telaran

Default Using bard for aoe dps??

Has anyone tried this? I was thinking of linking coda of fury with heat retention and fiery chains/weapon flare. Could use riff for coda of distress at start maybe. Just thinking of some builds while I'm stuck away from game.

Malar
    Shortround the Vanquisher: member of Havoc on Keenblade
    Malar the Retired!!

Rift Chaser

I am pretty sure that even full talented and buffed by heat retention it will not be impressive. I played with a blinkbard some leveling and compound attack seemed to do way more damage than CoF. It would be nice to have a ranged aoe finisher option but doubt this will be it.
    Last edited by ChelequaRom; 02-08-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Probably better off just spamming Fan Out.

edit: or Twin Strike, if you're battlebard.
    Last edited by Carthoris; 02-08-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Plane Walker

i played over the weekend with 40 bard/26 Ranger with decent results in 5 mans and pug DDRs. Most battle bard specs will.

It was not as impressive as I would have liked in 10man RoTP, Would never try it in HK.

Ymmv
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

Sword of Telara

51bard 10MM 5 something else I cannot recall atm.
    Just for laughs, Ive been having fun on occasion using fan out on boss adds. 1700 dps.
    I wouldnt bother doing it on a serious attempt or in progression, but its good for a giggle.
    Last edited by Chovie; 02-08-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Telaran

Thanks for replies, I will probably try it out for fun. I did try a version a while back using riff, virtuoso, and coda of fury and my aoe parse was thru the roof!! For 15 secs!! Couldn't sustain, but it smoked other aoe in that time period. I've been thinking of options, there might not be any, but who knows.

Malar
    Malar the Retired!!

Rift Chaser

Bard and DPS don't really belong in the same sentence. It's a support soul, nothing more.

The only time you do anything close to decent damage is during Virtuoso, and you need that for bosses to get your debuffs up quickly.
    Last edited by Sumelar; 02-08-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Telaran

Sometimes support being able to dps helps the raid. I understand your point though. I managed to get about 2100 dps last night on a 2 min parse aoe on the three dummies. Not great, but I was able to keep bard buffs up while doing it.

Malar
    Malar the Retired!!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Malar View Post
    Sometimes support being able to dps helps the raid. I understand your point though. I managed to get about 2100 dps last night on a 2 min parse aoe on the three dummies. Not great, but I was able to keep bard buffs up while doing it.

Malar
    What was your rotation? That's pretty good if its something you can manage on a regular basis.

+ Reply to Thread