+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raptor pet bugged? 51 ranger raid 10man Rotp test

Telaran

Default Raptor pet bugged? 51 ranger raid 10man Rotp test

Hello!

Wanted to see how 51ranger/15mm works in raid, so i went into Rotp. Im 4 Hk geared with ranger crystal.

The raptor pet sometimes runs back to me in fights, wierd?

my macro are

--------------------------
    #show Rapid Fire Shot
    suppressmacrofailures
    petcast Bloodied Blow
    petcast Rend
    petcast Razor Lash
    cast Rapid Fire Shot
    cast Head Shot
    ----------------------------
    #show Shadow Fire
    suppressmacrofailures
    petcast Bloodied Blow
    petcast Rend
    petcast Razor Lash
    cast Shadow Fire
    cast Splinter Shot
    cast Piercing Shot
    cast Crippling Shot
    cast Quick Shot
    ------------------------------

Im wondering if something in my macro makes the damn pet come back to me even when we still fighting a boss >< i even tryed with having the pet on aggresive or defensive mode but still he comes back sometimes random.

I like 51 ranger becous off like on General Silgen, you have to move alot so as ranger 51 you dont lose dps when you move, as a 51 mm you lose dps as soon as you move. i was doing the whole 5 min i think the fight at 24xx-25xx dps.

On last boss birdy, i like that when you have to LOS behind the wall, your pet still on the boss and dps the boss and dont die from the aoe^^

The 51 rangers aoe suck bad, have to use fan out ><, and problem with the energe starving sometimes...

Before ppl say use melee bloodspec or something, i live in EU and play on the usa servers so my ms sometimes like 100-200 ms, if i miss the rotation on melee my dps lose to much... and i love to be a ranger^^

Champion

The pet's AI tells them to run back if an AoE will be coming in soon. Basically once your pet gets into range switch them to "stay" so it'll actually be useful.
    Greybriar Guardian Bard

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    The pet's AI tells them to run back if an AoE will be coming in soon. Basically once your pet gets into range switch them to "stay" so it'll actually be useful.
    Hmm Pet raptor does it even on normal adds who dont have aoe...
    So i dont think its the AI, and i press the macro all time and tell the pet to allways attack.
    Last edited by Rosario; 02-08-2012 at 07:42 AM.

There's absolutely no need to have all the pet abilities in macros now btw.

Petattack on it's own is enough.

At least, that's what the patch notes said, not like I ever tested it.

My guess is possibly you have your pet on passive and decides to run out when all of its abilties are on CD?

Regardless, my macros look similar to yours, but I stack "petattack" at the bottom of all the pet abilities, and all my petattacks are under my actual abilities, and I never have that problem.
    Rootyy@Greybriar <Too Many Buttons>
    12/13 T1 || 2/4 GA
    Reality is for people who don't play video games.
    Rootyy == Moirain == Euphemia == Saiyu

This has been a bug with Ranger pets for as long as I can remember. It was most obvious on the fight with Kaler Andrenos/Icetalon in expert Abyssal Precipice but it happened on a few other fights. I haven't used a Ranger pet in raid since the very early days of GSB.

+ Reply to Thread