+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 1.7 PvP encounter strategies

Rift Chaser

Default 1.7 PvP encounter strategies

Looking to bounce some build concepts, possibly rotation strategies off some of you guys to see how you handle encounters vs casters. My build 40 Sin/20 RS/6 Rgr I love this build due to all of it's utility and stealth capabilities but there are some frustrating time no doubt. My main problem as you can imagine is killing healers as there is no healing debuff aside from anathema.

I'm only rank 33 so don't have end game gear on this toon yet but I'm getting there and my attack power unbuffed is around 1150. What's odd is about half the time I shred players and the other half my bleeds don't even make a dent. I'm thinking this is a matter of the gear of my opponents but not certain as I have went away from crit to push my attack power.

So here is the dilemma; I'm almost given into the RS/NB but I love my permanent stealth and slip away. Fell Blades seems like a necessity to take down these healers but before I abandon my build any insight from Sins about how to approach healers would be helpful. Here specifically are the matchups I find difficult:

1) ChloroLock
    2) PyroDom
    3) Wardens

Telaran

I went into bladedancer with weapon barrage being a god send against casters.

5 second silence with 10 sec CD? What's not to love?

Rift Disciple

Here are a few things I've Figured out so far..

Chlorolock - Open up and stack all available bleeds/poisons and apply pressure, use finishers that improve your dps (save big cooldowns for now). Meanwhile your going to be getting dotted up bad. Just keep pounding away while interupting the obvious.

Pop CS to remove the dot stack from yourself and continue pressure. Providing your doing enough damage the lock will have used up most of his "tricks" and is running out of options.

Now its time to go "all out" its make it or break it time. What I like to do is get them dangerously low on HP - Foul Play , Heal debuff , Slip Away in deadly dance - ambush/bs

Also sometimes you need to engage them twice. First fight is to make em bust cooldowns, leave and then come back a 2nd time .

Rift Disciple

Also I noticed that with your build you dont have DD. So its harder for you because chlorolocks are strong against frontloaded damage but weaker vs. backloaded dmg.

Rift Disciple

Try:
    throw all your buffs > assasinate (opener) > builder > anathema > deadly dance buff (+105%) > slip aways > assasinate (should be hitting for 2k+ now) > stun > dead meat

I don't know many ppl who can survive this burst combo.
    BEST ROGUE EU

Rift Disciple

Above poster has the right idea. Kinda gotta burst em down fast.

but.. your not a DD rogue.

An option for OP may be to try a burst rotation into a "stunlock" type rotation when they get low.

Champion

You'll probably be able to kill chlorolocks with your current build once you get one of the r36, or w/e rank it is now, weapons. Chlorolock is a weak build and right now you're only having trouble because they're at or near their peak for mitigation and you're missing the biggest contributor to your damage other than raid gear.

Pyro/dom should be easy with the r36 weapon too. Your spec will be able to break every single one of their CCs and be able to port right back on them whenever they flicker. With all that available to you, it'll just be a matter of cleansing TI if they use it, interrupting stormshackle when they attempt a cast, and killing them before the DR on squirrel resets. You might have problems with interrupting stormshackle without planar disruption (foul play works but in some fights you'll need both) and if they proc their insta flame-bolts right away.

Good wardens? You're gonna need HK 4PC just to get that conversation started.
    Last edited by rennlc; 02-26-2012 at 06:36 PM.

I use 51sin/15bd and there really isn't much I have massive trouble killing alone outside of some high rank warriors with the right builds. I don't use deadly dance though. The soul still compliments quite well for pure damage. Sometimes I use slip away for the extra burst when I know I need the extra burst to finish them off and I feel confident I can pull off a fast win on the spot. But otherwise I just compliment the already strong assassin DPS soul, and have no fear of who I attack because slip away + hidden veil + BD run speed temp means you can pretty much never die if you don't want to. I die on my assassin like once or twice a week, sometimes.

For me...mages go down like chumps if I can stay in their face for a good portion of the time. Warriors can be tough, certain specs are brutal. Especially with a full heal at hand often. Clerics aren't hard when they are alone. Problem is they just heal until it turns into a 2 or 3 v 1, if you don't kill them right away. Rogues....over half the time I open up on a rogue they just slip away. I tend to just stop bothering with rogues unless I see a strong MM build. Usually ends up being a waste of both our time.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

I can give you insight into warden.

If you see a senti/warden who you believe to be alert and at his keyboard, you should try opening with paralyzing strike and hope that he breaks his Break Free. If he does, follow up with as many dots as you can and use Foul Play about 10 seconds later. I wouldn't even bother applying Anathema unless you start to make a dent in his health. It just gets cleansed instantly otherwise.

Your best bet is to hope that he has to spend his time reapplying hots and such while your debilitating strike burns away his mana. Your only chance is with that poison and basically hoping that you can get him low enough on mana before his teammates arrive. It won't be fast and there's a very real possibility he will Water Jet you to death...but with Leeching Poison and Enduring Brew, that isn't a serious threat unless he way outgears you. But if he way outgears you, you aren't killing him anyway.

edit: oh and I would use 51sin 15mm for this. A good cleric will Crushing Wave you away from him or just run around and make you chase. If you get separated in a sin/bd, you're kinda ****ed.
    Last edited by Metallica11; 02-26-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Plane Walker

51mm/13nb/2 rs.

Find target with 6k or less hp.

Stealth.
    Lost hope.
    Dark Malady.
    Strafe.
    Rapid Fire shot.

SWEET SWEET VICTORY~

Now run before you get caught.

Soulwalker

Default Why Lost Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Rozel View Post
    51mm/13nb/2 rs.

Find target with 6k or less hp.

Stealth.
    Lost hope.
    Dark Malady.
    Strafe.
    Rapid Fire shot.

SWEET SWEET VICTORY~

Now run before you get caught.
    Just curious - why Lost Hope? You're immediately causing damage with Dark Malady, so isn't this a waste?

Rift Chaser

Finally got most of my r36 gear and it's made a world of difference. I can down almost any single mage. Chlorolocks can be ridiculously frustrating. I'm hitting clerics surprisingly hard but some that are full healing just survive throught the damage until help arrives. Warriors I still avoid.

Here's my build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....V0xcuR.V0o.-5

Champion

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'd make some changes to your build too, like changing some points and getting 5/5 poison mastery plus at least 22 RS for planar disruption, planar refuge, and shadow guard. You won't be able to get 6 ranger if you did that but if you like the minor passive damage increase and ranged attacks that work well for kiting, you could do 2-4 MM instead. 4% damage is probably a bigger damage increase in that build than 5% crit and 48 AP and hasted shot can do much of what crippling shot does anyhow.

Champion

Fighting SnB warriors is more about gear and maintaining certain abilities than anything else. 200-250 hit, keep impale up, rebuff both poisons immediately after they're purged, and dance in and out of melee while using planar reversal to throw off their timing as much as you can.

If you don't want to PvE, getting near that 200-250 hit mark with decent items is going to be tough to get. There's 75 from full hit runes, 38 from a deathbringer in the OH, 38x2 from rogue tank and rogue dps crafted rings. To get more than without gimping yourself, you would have to raid.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Uthiir View Post
    Just curious - why Lost Hope? You're immediately causing damage with Dark Malady, so isn't this a waste?
    Sometimes it helps a bit to find a place you can easily los someone in case of overrun/overcrowded.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast