+ Reply to Thread

Thread: shadow shift bugged?

Default shadow shift bugged?

right after 1.7 popped we were doing sicaron, so i used shadow shift against one of the spikes at the edge to get my buffs up and it just teleported me in front of sicaron even though i was facing the other way..

couple days after in ros, after killing the 2nd foci we started running back to galenir and used it again not so far from him, only this time it teleported me 50m or so back close to the foci we just killed

been having this strange bug rarely since, doesnt happen much, but happens enough to notice something is wrong with it

latency is 15-30ms average and there was no lag (nor garphical lag)

am i the only one experiencing this? already sent a report
    Last edited by Moloch; 02-08-2012 at 05:41 AM.

Speed running xAP, pulling the pack of crabbies before last boss, hit shadow shift, was ported into thin air, proceeded to fall into the precipice. I went splat, group went splat, and guildies won't stop making fun of me >_<

better than getting punted off of grug's island...

anywho yes I've noticed some strange behavior too and don't know what it's related to.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Banned

I had something like this happen a while back in a port scion where I was running a stone out of the church and used at to get to the drop off just before the guardian side but instead of porting me forward it ported me inside the church (which at that angle wouldn't even be LOS). I figured it was just lag at the time so the server thought I was still in the church for some reason, even though I wasn't experiencing any major lag issues at the time. Sometimes weird network things happen though so I pretty much ignored it.

I know I've had it happen a few times open world but I can't recall any specific examples but I do remember mentioning 'porting backwards' to the person I play with a couple of times.

RIFT Guide Writer

I have never encountered any of these problems. Have you considered the possibility that you just pressed the wrong teleport by accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    I have never encountered any of these problems. Have you considered the possibility that you just pressed the wrong teleport by accident?
    my other 3 blinks are on a seperate key from the shift one, so yea, pretty sure
    Last edited by Moloch; 02-08-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Plane Touched

This problem has existed since beta and is not really a problem with the ability itself - One guy said he was heading out and he ported "back in time" inside the church when he used shadow shift.

Sometimes, when you use a TARGETTED shift (blitz, stalk, assault) at the precise moment you are CC'd or lagged or something, you can basically "desynch" with the server.

You can run all over your screen, but to everyone else you're just standing there. Once you use an untargetted shift (shadow shift, flashback), you port back to the place where you desynched.

Terrible bug. Honestly Trion needs to seriously use the beautiful coding for angelic flight / flash of steel to decide movement with planeshifts because those abilities are flawless.

It doesn't happen often, but I've noticed it sending me in a completely random direction on occasions. I've tried to replicate it, but it happens infrequently enough that I'm not usually paying attention to what I'm doing at the time that might cause it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarak View Post
    This problem has existed since beta and is not really a problem with the ability itself - One guy said he was heading out and he ported "back in time" inside the church when he used shadow shift.

Sometimes, when you use a TARGETTED shift (blitz, stalk, assault) at the precise moment you are CC'd or lagged or something, you can basically "desynch" with the server.

You can run all over your screen, but to everyone else you're just standing there. Once you use an untargetted shift (shadow shift, flashback), you port back to the place where you desynched.

Terrible bug. Honestly Trion needs to seriously use the beautiful coding for angelic flight / flash of steel to decide movement with planeshifts because those abilities are flawless.
    This is what's happening, almost certainly.

I also can't help but laugh at the last line - hopefully sarcasm but you never know. I cannot count the number of times I've hit FoS and my avatar just does a standing kick for 3 seconds then sets back down exactly where he started, and Bahmi-jump (which is identical to angelic flight mechanically AFAIK) is so ineffective and buggy I finally took it off of my bars.

Shadow Shift does bug out occasionally, but I feel I have pretty good luck with it overall.
    Last edited by Carthoris; 02-09-2012 at 08:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread