+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: MM/Rng needs fixing now

Rift Disciple

Default MM/Rng needs fixing now

time for TRION to give us a ranged physical dps class that is competitive dps wise
    crossing fingers for 1.8

hopefully it is sab

Quote Originally Posted by lgrecul View Post
    time for TRION to give us a ranged physical dps class that is competitive dps wise
    crossing fingers for 1.8
    Yeah, I'm tired of seeing the top 5 slots of any given raid being taken up by MM Rogues!

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    Yeah, I'm tired of seeing the top 5 slots of any given raid being taken up by MM Rogues!
    True story. None of them go bloodstalker because they're actually mad at DPS and giving it the silent treatment.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

MM just has way too much utility for it to be a top DPS soul, and it's really easy to play a 51MM effectively.

RAnger should be close to the top single target ranged dps for sustained fights

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Zaphod View Post
    If MM rogues top anything in your raids, you must have some really crappy warriors and mages. And clerics.

MM has plenty of utility and mobility that will be used an excuse for not being better at DPS, and ranger is a pet soul with the inherent crapness and non-scaling issues that every pet soul has at high gear levels. If sab gets retooled for anything it's more likely to be as an AOE-focussed soul, so rogues at range can expect to get used to medicrity.

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    True story. None of them go bloodstalker because they're actually mad at DPS and giving it the silent treatment.
    LOL'd so hard.

Ranged DPS for rogues is fine. Get better at it, and get good at melee for max DPS. You don't get to be top DPS unless you know how to use your entire soul compliment. Sorry.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Chaser

Good but not top dps
    Good but not top aoe
    top mobility
    Good interupt cooldown
    top purge

Why are you saying this needs help?

RIFT Guide Writer

Last night on Sicaron as MM I did just over 3700, I do know that is not the best a rogue can do considering we have Bloodstalker.

I hate bloodstalker and honestly refuse to play it because you need to maintain Stalker Phase buff.

But the point is, how many Rogues do you know of that are any good with MM? We all know it can be a faceroll spec with not much thinking involved but to excel at a spec, you need some common sense and intelligence.

Sword of Telara

MM anything should not be top rogue dps imho. I was thinking about this the other day... each of the various souls brings something to the table.

MM brings a ton to the table, I don't see it needing more dps imho. And it pairs with a lot very nicely. Sin/MM is not bad at all. The 25% AP boost is nice for any build, and has pretty much a 100% up time. It also has the best single target purges in the game, along with great mobility and good dps.
    Last edited by Laban of C O; 02-09-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Champion of Telara

Marksman:

1)Insane Mobility

2)Even more insane Mobility

3)Can be faceroll rotation if you slack, with "decent" numbers, actual rotation can pull better numbers with 4k-4.1k, still 500 DPS behind Bloodstalker but meh.

4)Its not that bad, yes its not Bloodstalker, but Bloodstalker actively works on 2 bosses only, in the rest its not -that- good.

The stuff that MM provides aka run speed, more run speed, Deaden and Eradicate, is just too awesome, even if its not our best DPS spec.
    Last edited by potis; 02-09-2012 at 10:36 AM.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Marksman:

1)Insane Mobility

3)Can be faceroll rotation if you slack, with "decent" numbers, actual rotation can pull better numbers with 4k-4.1k, still 500 DPS behind Bloodstalker but meh.

4)Its not that bad, yes its not Bloodstalker, but Bloodstalker actively works on 2 bosses only, in the rest its not -that- good.

The stuff that MM provides aka run speed, more run speed, Deaden and Eradicate, is just too awesome, even if its not our best DPS spec.
    Gah, I wish just one of the other rogue souls had a purge of some sort. For **** sake.. bard, a sabo purge charge... something.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Marksman:

1)Insane Mobility

While I would love to know the Dev's view of Melee vs Ranged Rouge DPS expectations I'm fairly convinced that the two items in red is why Marksman is where it's at DPS wise, not because of the ranged aspect.
    Telarans on class balance: Rock is overpowered. Paper is fine. - Scissors

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Enaki View Post
    While I would love to know the Dev's view of Melee vs Ranged Rouge DPS expectations I'm fairly convinced that the two items in red is why Marksman is where it's at DPS wise, not because of the ranged aspect.
    That was my point.

Marksman makes many mechanics a "shrug so what? I have run speed 24/7 + On the Double, i rofl at your mechanic", along with "OH LUL, DEADEN!" and "OH YOU WANT TO DO MORE DAMAGE MOB? SORRY, ERADICATE!"

While pulling decent numbers, i think my best parse was 3.2k on Murdantix once, not anything great, but not horrible or not enough, hence MM is perfectly fine.

One change that would be good is the 4 piece crystal, from 30% back to 50%.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    Last night on Sicaron as MM I did just over 3700, I do know that is not the best a rogue can do considering we have Bloodstalker.

I hate bloodstalker and honestly refuse to play it because you need to maintain Stalker Phase buff.

But the point is, how many Rogues do you know of that are any good with MM? We all know it can be a faceroll spec with not much thinking involved but to excel at a spec, you need some common sense and intelligence.
    Do tell how you excel at MM spec.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast