+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 51 BD for Aky

Default 51 BD for Aky

Currently on Phase 1/2 and im seeing that 51 BD > 51 MM and i get to apply lethal poison.

What do you guys think?
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

Plane Touched

I think, you must not be on Stinger duty.

That is all.

Let us know if you do more dps than a warrior on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Plane Touched

Our BD is getting roughly 2.1-2.2k DPS on the fight overall, MMs are at around 2.8k.

No idea about Night-Sin, we don't run that.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrordar View Post
    Our BD is getting roughly 2.1-2.2k DPS on the fight overall, MMs are at around 2.8k.

No idea about Night-Sin, we don't run that.
    How the hell is a MM doing 2.8? Must not be on stingers and constantly aoeing?
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Finished the fight at like....2.4k yesterday as NB...Was kinda fun.

(02:34) Jornaru: 38740 | Bella: 4721/12% | Macha: 4514/11% | Nekat: 3976/10% | Legar: 3765/9% | Klamo: 3478/8% | Cmati: 3365/8% | Halsh: 3339/8% | Mahdi: 2885/7% | Selen: 2754/7% | Jackn: 2102/5

I am doing 4.7K at the end of Phase 1 (totally beating all the MM) and im beating the warriors but our highest DPS warrior is away for this week. Into Phase 2 i am staying above 3K.

We only had 18 ppl on today so we only progressed up to phase 3 then called it quits for the night because there wasn't much to do so i have no experience on phase 3/4.

Keep in mind im at like 920 AP in a 0/0/0 soul so i don't even have the "required" gear for it (6/7 Marks gear, 2/7 Relics) and i use a Molten Brand MH and Tank Dagger from Matron OH (yes it works better than Matron Axe or Relic GSB Dagger).

On a Thrash pull on the way to Aky i peaked at 11K AoE DPS and ended with 9K (cab ended with 8,500 IIRC).
    Last edited by Puandro; 02-07-2012 at 08:08 PM.
    Just Waiting...

RIFT Guide Writer

All the dps checks are to easy that the only thing that really matters on akylios is survivability. MM with constant run speed, shadow shift, on the double and retreat is great for avoiding waves and stacking up on mind decays plus you get ranged interrupt for apostles and stingers. BD also has no ranged ability which makes it really bad for any disconnect time which happens on waves and when moving to lashers.

Akylios dies when about 16-18 people of the raid can do the encounter without screwing it up, including all the guys with mind decay. MM is the easiest build for rogues to achieve that goal. AE numbers at the end of phase 1 and 2 are completely irrelevant to actually killing akylios.

When you have akylios on farm and know the fight well enough then you can go NB or BD for bigger numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    All the dps checks are to easy that the only thing that really matters on akylios is survivability. MM with constant run speed, shadow shift, on the double and retreat is great for avoiding waves and stacking up on mind decays plus you get ranged interrupt for apostles and stingers. BD also has no ranged ability which makes it really bad for any disconnect time which happens on waves and when moving to lashers.

Akylios dies when about 16-18 people of the raid can do the encounter without screwing it up, including all the guys with mind decay. MM is the easiest build for rogues to achieve that goal. AE numbers at the end of phase 1 and 2 are completely irrelevant to actually killing akylios.

When you have akylios on farm and know the fight well enough then you can go NB or BD for bigger numbers.

We have enough MM for Ranged Ruts and i can rupt the apostles with with focus macros. I have shadow shift also and Sprint. Ill see how well im doing with BD while applying Lethal poison when we get further into Phase 3/4.
    Just Waiting...

IMO NB is far more useful than BD for Akylios. It has ranged attacks, it hits more targets with it AoE's, and has survival CD's for times when lousy things coincide like breath + wave, or just when you end up in the wrong place.

I can see wanting to use BD, but i have been using NB for months, and it has always done very well for me.
    Last edited by Gyle; 02-07-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    IMO NB is far more useful than BD for Akylios. It has ranged attacks, it hits more targets with it AoE's, and has survival CD's for times when lousy things coincide like breath + wave, or just when you end up in the wrong place.

I can see wanting to use BD, but i have been using NB for months, and it has always done very well for me.
    if you are consistantly having more than 5-7 targets you're doing it wrong.
    i tried BD and overall was right in the middle of warriors, but as said before of course this is a dps spec not a lasher dps spec, but still has an interupt which is nice. i did not try flast of steel on a lasher, but it did work fine on akylios without putting me into the water so it's not too bad getting to him when he comes up. aoe dps at the start was nice, much better than MM or NB, and the single target later on is very good too. i think if you are able to play melee spec, BD and NB will do pretty close to the same dps, would be more of a preference really.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post

I find NB hard to compete against BD in AoE.

But like i said i still don't know how BD will do in phase 3/4 but as long as i dont die (im not a noob) and do more dps than the MM in our raid ill stick with it.
    Just Waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    if you are consistantly having more than 5-7 targets you're doing it wrong.
    i tried BD and overall was right in the middle of warriors, but as said before of course this is a dps spec not a lasher dps spec, but still has an interupt which is nice. i did not try flast of steel on a lasher, but it did work fine on akylios without putting me into the water so it's not too bad getting to him when he comes up. aoe dps at the start was nice, much better than MM or NB, and the single target later on is very good too. i think if you are able to play melee spec, BD and NB will do pretty close to the same dps, would be more of a preference really.
    I can use Flash of Steel NP on the lashers in Phase 1, but i let the tank get aggro before i do it :P. Also when there is no adds you can pop Dualism and do some sick ST dps while adds pop again.
    Just Waiting...

Shadowlander

The main issue I've been having is angle of aoe on lasher/adds and Akylios/Jornaru. I have only tried NB on this encounter so far. The most success on finding a 360 degree aoe on lasher/adds has been putting my back to the lasher and aoeing off the adds.

If BD or MM have an easier time with this, I'll use those.

If anyone has an idea how to get around this problem with NB, I'll be glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fwosty View Post
    The main issue I've been having is angle of aoe on lasher/adds and Akylios/Jornaru. I have only tried NB on this encounter so far. The most success on finding a 360 degree aoe on lasher/adds has been putting my back to the lasher and aoeing off the adds.

If BD or MM have an easier time with this, I'll use those.

If anyone has an idea how to get around this problem with NB, I'll be glad to hear it.
    Yah i ran into that problem today, i found AoE of the apostale while keeping it near the lasher works fine.
    Just Waiting...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast