+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fresh level 50 Rogue (1st 50 ever) need Warfront spec

all
    Soulwalker

Default Fresh level 50 Rogue (1st 50 ever) need Warfront spec

Can anyone inform me as to what build I should start with so I don't get totally dominated
    I was thinking something like: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M....iV0Au0MR0zz.m

all
    Soulwalker

Sorry, last build was a little silly. I was in a hurry, loading for a LoL 5v5.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...do.VVzAuoRohzz
    Last edited by all; 02-07-2012 at 07:24 PM.

all
    Soulwalker

Thanks for all the wonderful feed back.

Rift Disciple

sorry friend.. you will, over and over again, be dominated in pvp....

you have little choice here.. you will either spec for slip away, and die when it's on cool-down (and half the time when it's not), or go 18-20 deep in riftstalker.. and still die.. but more slowly

I think bard 24/ RS 34 / NB 8 is decent when starting out.... bards do decent heals and buffs/de-buffs you will get focus fired.. but you can contribute

stay away from deep bladedancer.... it's goes 'squish' too easily... you will want the healing of nightblade, or assassin, paired with riftstalker's survivability if you want to get in melee range.

22 bard / 44 marksman is excellent for group support.. you bring buffs, speed boost, and eradicate spam

but no matter what you do.. every time you hit the queue button... take a deep breath and brace yourself by softly saying "this is gonna hurt."

Sword of Telara

What do you want out of your experience? To try and leech a few kills, or to be the most help you can at your prestige level to your team? If it is the first one.. you can try MM and try to stay hidden and spam shots on low hp targets. If it is the later, try out:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...okM.VIbqi0skzz

Tanky bard spec for pvp that will stay up a while, and allow you to continually buff and provide support for your team. Keep up run speed boost, stat boost fanfares, motiffs, and AOE debuffs and you'll be of more use to your team as a whole than you would trying to be a dps piece at this point.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

I can assure you a good MM isn't leeching anything. Sneak up and position yourself and you're the bane of enemy healers.

Mostly because people who actively defend their healers in WFs are nonexistant.

It really just depends on if you need some damage sponges or DPS.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hellebron View Post
    I can assure you a good MM isn't leeching anything. Sneak up and position yourself and you're the bane of enemy healers.

Mostly because people who actively defend their healers in WFs are nonexistant.

It really just depends on if you need some damage sponges or DPS.
    As a fresh 50? At mid to high prestige ranks, MM can be good dps I admit. But as a fresh 50... 4k hp maybe? Generally the most I see these guys do is fanout spam and tickle folks. If he was coming in from HK raiding or at least higher tier raiding and had some OK pve gear, I could see MM as not leeching and being an OK dps addition. But fresh 50, he's going to have a garbage rifle, garbage equipment, and probably around a 150 dps if he's lucky. That's less than 1/10th what MM who are doing something in the warfront will be pulling. And, he's probably going to be a bloodthirsty bump for someone who notices he's there at 4k hp. That's what I do when I notice i'm getting low on hp, I look cycle through the MM and try to find one with between 4 to 5k hp. I then beeline for them and fill my hp back up. Hell at fresh 50, even a healer could 1 shot him with a Sanction Heretic.
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Telaran

51 points into sab.

If you're going to be dominated, you should at least be able to have a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by all View Post
    Thanks for all the wonderful feed back.
    forget specs that work good for the moment. You will progress quickly enough if you keep playing. There is no 'great pvp spec'. People play well what suits their style. I still do this even at the end of progression, so I would encourage you to just start playing with builds and begin the ongoing constant experiment of new soul specs. Work on finding something that suits you and that *you* play well. If it gets the job done it gets the job done. Don't try to fill some other shoes just to try to fit into your own later.

I would suggest looking into the MM soul if you want something that has less risk. I can do a lot of damage and keep my incoming damage relatively low on my MM sometimes. Also Bard is great bang for buck in a 10+ groups of players. A lot of their benefit lies purely in the buffs which will grant the same bonus if you are in top gear or naked. Don't let someone fool you into thinking bard is just a pseduo healer. They have nice buffs/debuffs if you make use of all them
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-09-2012 at 10:15 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    As a fresh 50? At mid to high prestige ranks, MM can be good dps I admit. But as a fresh 50... 4k hp maybe? Generally the most I see these guys do is fanout spam and tickle folks. If he was coming in from HK raiding or at least higher tier raiding and had some OK pve gear, I could see MM as not leeching and being an OK dps addition. But fresh 50, he's going to have a garbage rifle, garbage equipment, and probably around a 150 dps if he's lucky. That's less than 1/10th what MM who are doing something in the warfront will be pulling. And, he's probably going to be a bloodthirsty bump for someone who notices he's there at 4k hp. That's what I do when I notice i'm getting low on hp, I look cycle through the MM and try to find one with between 4 to 5k hp. I then beeline for them and fill my hp back up. Hell at fresh 50, even a healer could 1 shot him with a Sanction Heretic.
    Meh, still can be awfully helpful killing healers with erradicate and interrupts.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ez Pz View Post
    sorry friend.. you will, over and over again, be dominated in pvp....

you have little choice here.. you will either spec for slip away, and die when it's on cool-down (and half the time when it's not), or go 18-20 deep in riftstalker.. and still die.. but more slowly

I think bard 24/ RS 34 / NB 8 is decent when starting out.... bards do decent heals and buffs/de-buffs you will get focus fired.. but you can contribute

stay away from deep bladedancer.... it's goes 'squish' too easily... you will want the healing of nightblade, or assassin, paired with riftstalker's survivability if you want to get in melee range.

22 bard / 44 marksman is excellent for group support.. you bring buffs, speed boost, and eradicate spam

but no matter what you do.. every time you hit the queue button... take a deep breath and brace yourself by softly saying "this is gonna hurt."

I've been a 51 Sin/Rng for a very long time as well as having a 44 MM spec and a top tier Ranger pet spec. Rank 14 always did good dmg with either in WF's but lately not seeing it as much. Have all PVP seeker gear but I'm thinking of switching to an MM Bard spec like you say for group utility when needed. Can you give a rift.zam spec? Never played Bard so have little info on them.

There are a number of fun builds you can try out.

Being lesser geared, I'd recommend running at least 44 in marksman, dump the rest of the points in sin or riftstalker. Mainly you want to be putting vampiric munitions on as many targets as possible, and using eradicate very aggressively. The MM/bard that was suggested earlier will work well for this too, just don't expect to do a whole lot of dps. Mainly you are a purging, healing-debuff machine.

Of course there is always 38NB/28RS, same idea except you'll be soaking up damage while applying fell blades.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Marne View Post
    51 points into sab.

If you're going to be dominated, you should at least be able to have a blast.
    ROFL

/10characters

+ Reply to Thread