+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Barding

Default Barding

I have been looking on the forums here for information on bards, and it seems that the melee bard is the best going around. However, in bard I am not a fan of it, I enjoy the range ability of bard. I am thinking this spec for a tryout, it does have a interrupt which is good; plus the full time ap buff. I do like the debuff for armor that can be done, but i'm just wondering if I could get some information =) thanks!

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0M...dqVaskVz.Vhs0u

I assume you're talking about raiding. If that's the case, you need to be 51 bard. Start from there, then decide whether you want an interrupt.

If you do want an interrupt, go with 51bard + bladedancer. You don't *have* to be in melee range; yes DD cadence heals for more but honestly most of your effective healing will be in burst form from CoR.

If you don't need an interrupt, 51bard + piercing shot from ranger is a good combo, you can supply the armor debuff and keep your ap buff. Going 16 ranger for the interrupt is a bad idea; it requires combo points, and has too long of a cooldown to be a reliable asset for the raid.

If you aren't talking about raiding, wtf are you barding for? :P
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

You really need to be 51 in bard, you NEED verse of joy!
    Capes
    Cloaks

Thoroar - Narcissia - Ricroar - Swimella
    I'm @Icewatch, /hug me!

Sword of Telara

gotta clarify what you wanna do with this bard.

Is it for Raiding? PVP? PVE? post level 50 or before?

raid bard needs to be 51 bard. There is an excellent spec for this using Marksman that involves no melee.

Yes is for raiding, I just thought that the BD was only for melee range. I was only considering this as maybe a 2nd spec in some cases, but if the regen is that important then that's my answer. I just want to be sure as a bard i'm applying the best abilities to the raid.

+ Reply to Thread