+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cerium

Thread: stats for tanking vs dps

Telaran

Default stats for tanking vs dps

I'm almost to lvl 50 so I thought now would be a good time to start wondering about which stats are more important for tanking and which are more important for doing dps. For instance, when you have a tanking build set up, which from what I see is generally the riftstalker, do you depend more on the endurance over dexterity, or dodge or parry? Which is more important for keeping yourself alive and not being TOO much of a burden on the healer. I'm not talking about using HK gear etc, I'm only talking about the stats.
    With DPS, do you just completely focus on dexterity or are there other stats that help increase your DPS besides dexterity. Thank you for the help.

Telaran

Wow, really, anyone. I figured there would be so much information incoming I wouldn't know what to do with any of it.

Your tank gear will have dodge and/or parry on it and generally END > DEX/STR stat-wise
    Your DPS gear will have AP/Crit on it and generally DEX/STR > END stat-wise

Dodge > Parry as it has no soft cap.

Dexterity increases your deflection rating.

20.6 Dex = 1% Deflect chance
    % dmg Deflected = Deflect/(Deflect+721)

1 Str = 1 Parry
    1 Dex = 1 Doge & 1 Deflect

Currently there are no rogue items with +deflect on them.
    (I believe I read this should change in future gear sets)

Endurance is still the best stat for tanking. It doesn't matter what your dodge/parry/deflect rating is if one hit smashes you.

There are equations (based on build) for what we call effective HP or eHP that is granted by RNG based things like dodge and parry which you can use to calculate small differences in END vs Dodge/Parry, but they are usually quite complex and I don't have them at my fingertips

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Telaran

Many thanks for the info Cerium. That is exactly what I was looking for.

+ Reply to Thread