Closed Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Gyle
  • 1 Post By Cerium
  • 2 Post By Gunzip

Thread: Ailion: General Questions (if you have time)

Rift Disciple

Default Ailion: General Questions (if you have time)

Hello Ailion,

Simple short post.

1) Are there any plans to alter the captone talent for Riftstalkers (Planar Switch). I've talked to a number of RS in game (from expert dungeon runners to HK tanks) and so far not one of them says they use planar switch, outside or poping it before they engage with certain bosses. It seems a very weak capstone power and doesnt really help our tank ness. A number of rogues even stated if it wasnt required to get the 51 point power (scatter the shadows) they would not put a point in it.

2) Bard Motiffs: Is there any plan to increase their duration. Currently I feel if I have to bard that I spend about 1/3 of the encounter popping my GCD's on motiffs. I'm not certain their short duration promotes strategy or fun. Its more of a tedious activity I think.

3) Whats your favorite current tv show?

O.o if he posts ill be shocked
    Haterz
    DH: 4/4 GP: 4/4 GSB: 5/5 ROS: 4/4 (Conq.) RotP: 4/4 HK: 11/11 ID: ?/?
    Haterz: Rank 40, Lildemon: Rank 28

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Walsingham
    Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that you do not direct threads at a dev or any other individual. This is considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You are more than welcome to repost your questions and/or thread, as we love to hear about any topics that you feel are relevant, but please do not direct it at any given individual or employee.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Incoming lock.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

I like the last question. Its kinda like whats your favorite tv show, next it will be do you like cookies, then how does 50 bucks sound? Its just a work towardds a bribe. Just kidding.

But bard motifs being longer would be nice.
    Last edited by TekBlk; 02-07-2012 at 09:31 AM.

nerf clerics buff bards!!!

Rift Disciple

Did not notice the policy on addressing devs directly. I'm sorry!!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Duske View Post
    Did not notice the policy on addressing devs directly. I'm sorry!!
    It's ok, Ailion will ignore it anyway unless it's a verifiable bug or it might affect warriors too, then he will get right on it.

1) Not important at all. It's one skill in a tree with some of the most useful and quirky skills in the entire game. Even if they do change it, which i doubt they ever will, it would change very very little for Riftstalkers.

2) Never going to happen, Motifs are 30 seconds, suck it up. That's how bards play.

3) He is never going to respond to this (or at least he REALLY shouldn't) and people really need to stop addressing inane and unimportant posts to our dev like he is your little answer bisch.
    Last edited by Gyle; 02-07-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Quote Originally Posted by Gyle View Post
    3) He is never going to respond to this (or at least he REALLY shouldn't) and people really need to stop addressing inane and unimportant posts to our dev like he is your little answer bisch.
    Well frankly he is as of right now we are paying for a service and a product, kinda like getting your house built you go in and ask the contractor what kind of Insulation he is going to use he should/will tell you if he is using yadayada or asbestos filled stuff from the 50's. This should work the same way... but i do agree with you that the last question was kind of childish and deserved to be ignored.
    Haterz

Quote Originally Posted by Lildemon View Post
    Well frankly he is as of right now we are paying for a service and a product, kinda like getting your house built you go in and ask the contractor what kind of Insulation he is going to use he should/will tell you if he is using yadayada or asbestos filled stuff from the 50's. This should work the same way... but i do agree with you that the last question was kind of childish and deserved to be ignored.
    That's because you pay the contractor in that situation. You do not pay Ailion. Trion pays Ailion.

Your analogy would be more like walking into the build site and asking the guy whose securing the insulation into the walls what insulation he's putting in. His job is to do what his boss tells him, not answer your questions. If he has time he'll tell you but likely he just wants to get his work done.

If his boss is telling him to do different things then you wanted it's the boss's fault. If he's doing things differently then the boss told him then the boss will deal with him. Not you.

Gyle is right. Ailion is not your employee, and as such you should be glad he has time to reply at all.

You have issues with your insulation, then yell at the Contractor and not at his employees.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

This thread is just stupid, and you kids wonder why the developers have a very low response rate on these forums, the rogue lead is not beholden to the community, they have CM's for that. Stop making threads with the dev name in the title trying to solicit responses, you kids make me sick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerium View Post
    That's because you pay the contractor in that situation. You do not pay Ailion. Trion pays Ailion.

Your analogy would be more like walking into the build site and asking the guy whose securing the insulation into the walls what insulation he's putting in. His job is to do what his boss tells him, not answer your questions. If he has time he'll tell you but likely he just wants to get his work done.

If his boss is telling him to do different things then you wanted it's the boss's fault. If he's doing things differently then the boss told him then the boss will deal with him. Not you.

Gyle is right. Ailion is not your employee, and as such you should be glad he has time to reply at all.

You have issues with your insulation, then yell at the Contractor and not at his employees.
    Hmmm i see what you are saying but... Going back to the analogy Say trion was the company and allion was the contractor working for the company on the build site. As you(Game populace) is paying trion for a service (Sub fee's) you are technically paying that contractor who works and was hired by the company. As he is working for a company working for you, The customer is the real boss as they hold that companys life in thier hands. If your not happy with the insulation or who is putting it, find a new company.

As for yelling at the company and not the employee, technically he is put in charge of said insulation and thus held accountable for which direction is taken with it.

Just wanna say im not mad at Allion in any way or trion i think they handle customer service fine, Kind of saw a topic and wanted to speak my mind on it. I should have also said that if Allion or the other dev's didnt post at all it wouldnt affect me in anyway still going to play the game until i dont enjoy it, just that i can understand where the OP was coming from.
    Haterz

Ailion does his job just fine, he has limited resources to respond to every request by the community, and he has limited time to address the huge system that is Rift. Dev's have a tough job, and it's not a part of his job description to gleen information from the forums. They have community managers for that, they scan the boards and bring specific issues to the dev's attention based on their respective classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lildemon View Post
    See how easy it is to ask that one contractor a question when there are going to be 500 thousand people living in that one house.

MMOs, and video games in general, do not work like that. You are renting entertainment from Trion, or Blizzard, or CCP, or whoever. They make the product the way they want, and if you don't like it, you can suggest all you want but at the end of they day you don't have any say in how the product turns out. You have no rights here.

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that you do not direct threads at a dev or any other individual. This is considered a violation of the Code of Conduct.

You are more than welcome to repost your questions and/or thread, as we love to hear about any topics that you feel are relevant, but please do not direct it at any given individual or employee.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Augureze

Closed Thread