+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShazzamCrucia

Thread: Sidesteps

Default Sidesteps

So... with the release of patch 1.7, rogues in pvp are able to create some very powerful and refreshing builds to pair with 51 assassin that gave them some new toys because rogues are no longer able to put points into the pvp tree. Aside from 51 assassin, may other specs were now viable and the 0 point infiltrator is no longer necessary with break free being 100 Planar Attunement. The problem I see with this is that almost every single rogue in the game is now running with a 0 point Bladedancer tree. At first glance most people are like, "Hey! A free 2 minute cooldown that lasts 15 seconds!" And ya, it is an amazing CD that is extremely useful against melee.

A little to useful.

With the majority of rogues running around with this cooldown, it now makes 1 v 1 (whether it be a world pvp match, or a duel) vs. other melee classes an auto-win. 15 seconds of 50% dodge plus the usual 20% dodge that most rogues have at rank 40 now gives you a 70% dodge chance for 15 seconds. Most duels involving 51 assassin are over by then.

I'm a rogue and I love this cooldown, but I also love to play different specs. I am now FORCED into having Bladedancer just to counter other rogues with bladedancer, because if I don't have sidesteps in my spec, I lose vs. someone with sidesteps. The same thing to warriors, they really don't stand much of a chance if their new and improved damage can't even hit us.

I think that sidesteps needs to be moved up in the Bladedancer tree. For a 0 point ability, its a very overpowered ability and is causing more harm than good (in my opinion) because it forces people into certain classes to defend against it. I'm not saying it needs to be high in the tree, but it needs to force people to lose points from other 51/15 specs and make them work for such a strong cooldown.

How would rogues feel if paragon gave "Bend Like The Reed" to Warriors as a 0 point ability?

While I'm at it.... can rogues please get our hotfix? My stealth breaks on damage and my Slip Away is useless when it breaks after half a second.
    Fates - Rank 37 Rogue.
    Fateless - Rank 40 Mage.

The Fallen Sons - Seastone.

I got NP against rogues who use Side Steps. Doesn't work on half the classes anyways. Also this would hurt RS tank builds (stop nerfing PvE with your damn PvP!!!).

Bend like the Reed is on a shorter cooldown and it boosts damage on top of the parry, way more powerful.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

I really dont find this to be a issue and I do alot of open world PvP 1v1's and 1v2's all the time. Right now the biggest issue with open world PvP are people using HK PvE weapons and 2pc HK gloves/helm and the hit they get from that messes up PvP for all Rogues and Warriors.

The thing I hear most now from PvP-Cheaters is they need to do more PvE so they can get there 4pc + HK crystal. Assassins, Nightblades and a lot of Bloodstalkers have been takeing out Full PvP Rogues with 4-5 shots. They dont dodge/parry/absorb due to there high Hit %.

Fix PvP Trion make it so Hit does not count. That way Side Steps really would be worth using but so many people have been stacking 175-275 hit in PvP it makes it so unfair its crazy. I was doing duals today and once I got the people to use there PvP gear it was so much fun and the fights where close. I have also been seeing this in WF's more and more someone will get a Cleric with there OP heals and go in with 4pc HK relic gear and wipe people out. I cannot believe Trion has not done something about this already. It really is messing up PvP for all real PvPers... I wish Trion would stop ignoring this and just hotfix it, if it needs more tweaking from there they can do it but at least give it a try Trion...
    Last edited by Onem3o; 02-07-2012 at 06:13 AM.

no more auto win than a mage popping mortality or a warrior full healing or a rs/nb popping planar refuge or a cleric running around spamming hots.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Rift Disciple

Other classes have amazing survival cd's. As it is side steps doesnt work against a number of attacks/classes.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Extension View Post
    So... with the release of patch 1.7, rogues in pvp are able to create some very powerful and refreshing builds to pair with 51 assassin that gave them some new toys because rogues are no longer able to put points into the pvp tree. Aside from 51 assassin, may other specs were now viable and the 0 point infiltrator is no longer necessary with break free being 100 Planar Attunement. The problem I see with this is that almost every single rogue in the game is now running with a 0 point Bladedancer tree. At first glance most people are like, "Hey! A free 2 minute cooldown that lasts 15 seconds!" And ya, it is an amazing CD that is extremely useful against melee.

A little to useful.

With the majority of rogues running around with this cooldown, it now makes 1 v 1 (whether it be a world pvp match, or a duel) vs. other melee classes an auto-win. 15 seconds of 50% dodge plus the usual 20% dodge that most rogues have at rank 40 now gives you a 70% dodge chance for 15 seconds. Most duels involving 51 assassin are over by then.

I'm a rogue and I love this cooldown, but I also love to play different specs. I am now FORCED into having Bladedancer just to counter other rogues with bladedancer, because if I don't have sidesteps in my spec, I lose vs. someone with sidesteps. The same thing to warriors, they really don't stand much of a chance if their new and improved damage can't even hit us.

I think that sidesteps needs to be moved up in the Bladedancer tree. For a 0 point ability, its a very overpowered ability and is causing more harm than good (in my opinion) because it forces people into certain classes to defend against it. I'm not saying it needs to be high in the tree, but it needs to force people to lose points from other 51/15 specs and make them work for such a strong cooldown.

How would rogues feel if paragon gave "Bend Like The Reed" to Warriors as a 0 point ability?

While I'm at it.... can rogues please get our hotfix? My stealth breaks on damage and my Slip Away is useless when it breaks after half a second.
    Use mooaaarr hit. I run with around 300 hit in pvp... I dont' miss any of them heh, cooldown or no. Hell, since 1.7 I JUST run an HK 4 piece in pvp. Makes up for the lame feeling of "**** just won't die!". Now folks die, and side steps is worthless. :P
    Laban Rogue <That Guild>. Bad... good? I'm the guy with the gun.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Laban of C O View Post
    Use mooaaarr hit. I run with around 300 hit in pvp... I dont' miss any of them heh, cooldown or no. Hell, since 1.7 I JUST run an HK 4 piece in pvp. Makes up for the lame feeling of "**** just won't die!". Now folks die, and side steps is worthless. :P
    As soon as Trion puts Hit on PvP gear, we'll be golden. Until then, only people who PvE have access to that benefit in PvP.

That being said, sidesteps isn't a huge deal - slotting 0 BD usually means you're not slotting something else useful at 0 (only Rng comes to mind immediately, and sab sometimes, but I'm sure there are other souls for other specs). If I hit sidesteps, you have a number of options
    - Get away from me
    - hit your own defensive cd
    - watch as a caster annihilates me
    etc...
    Last edited by cygnarite; 02-07-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    no more auto win than a mage popping mortality or a warrior full healing or a rs/nb popping planar refuge or a cleric running around spamming hots.
    This, right here. There are tons of easy-to-access amazing PvP cooldowns for every other class. Stop asking to nerf the ONE REALLY GOOD ONE we have.

Is this all you could find to whine about? We're in pretty good shape if that's the case.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

This is the dumbest thread i have ever seen. A skill makes it kinda hard to kill rogues sometimes (one that has existed in its current place for ever BTW) and now it must be nerfed or moved?

Sidesteps is used regularly in tank specs, as well as soloing specs, and DPS specs when you get agro. Unless i want the RS port my zero point is ALWAYS BD, and i never PvP at all.

How dare you suggest such a significant change, and the moving of a skill used in more than half of the rogue builds in the game, because sometimes it makes rogues hard to hit. No **** that's the point.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

+ Reply to Thread