Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rogues - Top DPS and why

  1. #1
    Telaran Mammothtruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default Rogues - Top DPS and why

    please post why you think rogues should be the top physical DPS.

    IMO its because we have 6 dps souls and our tank soul is also doubling as a dps role. with 6.5 dps souls I believe we should have higher dps than a calling with less.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    You should also be half the tanks then, by that logic.

    Number of souls is never a proper explanation for doing more DPS.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

  3. #3
    Telaran Mammothtruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    not your subforum warrior

  4. #4
    Prophet of Telara TyrLith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    oh.. thats news to me i've been seing so many rogues on warrior forums lately that i get confused.

    I bet its the same for him.

    as for your point.. yeah gl with that. im sure ailion is going to obide by that rock solid logic,

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    If you make a thread that relates to all callings, expect other callings to chime in. Also, rogues do the same to warriors all the time.

    Still doesn't invalidate my point:
    If Number of Souls for role = Viability in that role, rogues and clerics should be utter trash tanks compared to warriors, who have four times the number of tank souls rogues and clerics do. As this is not the case, that argument is invalid.

    Please give a better argument.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 02-06-2012 at 09:31 PM.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

  6. #6
    Telaran Mammothtruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    alright I see the warriors cant not comment because Ive posted in the warrior subforums... oh wait... no I havent.

    and yes having more dps souls should mean we have more options and better dps since that is what we specialize in. we are at the core a dps calling with some flexable options to fill in when another calling isnt available for that role. Currently the rogue calling has nothing it is best at. And it should have something it does the best. Warriors are best tank and physical dps currently. I dont pretend that we should be the best tanking calling against one with four tank souls.

    It is a valid argument and unless you have something constructive to or a valid argument against it you shouldnt troll.

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    879

    Default

    There is nothing wrong with Rogues being top physical DPS, or top DPS for that matter. DPS comes in cycles and it seems like it is the Rogue's turn.

    The reasoning however that it is based on the number of souls is a poor one.
    Last edited by Blackblade; 02-06-2012 at 09:34 PM.

  8. #8
    Telaran Mammothtruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackblade View Post
    There is nothing wrong with Rogues being top physical DPS, or top DPS for that matter. DPS comes in cycles and it seems like it is the Rogue's turn.

    The reasoning however that it is based on the number of souls is just stupid.
    Edit to add what you said before you changed it.

    and why would a calling the specializes in dps not be top based on having the most dps souls? Why is that stupid? please explain or your just another troll.
    Last edited by Mammothtruk; 02-06-2012 at 09:36 PM.

  9. #9
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammothtruk View Post
    Edit to add what you said before you changed it.

    and why would a calling the specializes in dps not be top based on having the most dps souls? Why is that stupid? please explain or your just another troll.
    It's like clerics saying why do mages outheal them on HPS when they only have 1 healing soul.

    Even your fellow rogues would know this is a piss-poor argument.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammothtruk View Post
    alright I see the warriors cant not comment because Ive posted in the warrior subforums... oh wait... no I havent.

    and yes having more dps souls should mean we have more options and better dps since that is what we specialize in. we are at the core a dps calling with some flexable options to fill in when another calling isnt available for that role. Currently the rogue calling has nothing it is best at. And it should have something it does the best. Warriors are best tank and physical dps currently. I dont pretend that we should be the best tanking calling against one with four tank souls.

    It is a valid argument and unless you have something constructive to or a valid argument against it you shouldnt troll.
    Except you are wrong. Rogues are already the best DPS, they have the most versatile DPS, and number of souls still isn't a valid argument for being the top DPS.

    Rogues (I'm not saying you, but many rogues) have been lobbying for tank parity. If rogues want tank parity, they must also then take DPS parity -- there is no "I want what you have, but MORE because I'm a rogue" argument that won't get you laughed out of any serious debate. Trion has also stated, multiple times, that they do not conform to a "My calling does THIS" mentality -- if a calling can DPS, it's supposed to be able to DPS in-line with other callings.

    There is no "DPS calling", "Tank calling", or "Healing calling" in Rift. There are Mages, Warriors, Rogues, and Clerics. They do what they do and that's what they do, that doesn't mean they're "mainly" one thing or another -- if they have the option for something, they are supposed to be competitive in it, at least from what Trion has stated in the past.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 02-06-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

  11. #11
    Telaran Mammothtruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    Except you are wrong. Rogues are already the best DPS, they have the most versatile DPS, and number of souls still isn't a valid argument for being the top DPS.

    Rogues (I'm not saying you, but many rogues) have been lobbying for tank parity. If rogues want tank parity, they must also then take DPS parity -- there is no "I want what you have, but MORE because I'm a rogue" argument that won't get you laughed out of any serious debate. Trion has also stated, multiple times, that they do not conform to a "My calling does THIS" mentality -- if a calling can DPS, it's supposed to be able to DPS in-line with other callings.

    There is no "DPS calling", "Tank calling", or "Healing calling" in Rift. There are Mages, Warriors, Rogues, and Clerics. They do what they do and that's what they do, that doesn't mean they're "mainly" one thing or another -- if they have the option for something, they are supposed to be competitive in it, at least from what Trion has stated in the past.
    Your right there was a clammer to be able to tank all content. It wasnt about being the best tanks. It was about being able. A lot of what rogues complained about was overboard and I did not and do not agree with. Being capable does not mean being the best and being able to step in when the best tank isnt there should be enough.

    And clerics should be the best healers. It is their very nature as the name would imply. Mages should be capable healers when the best isnt there to do it. I am not a cleric player so outside the general idea I dont know the specifics of what is going on there.

    Again currenty we dont do anything the best. We do have a great deal of utility on the table in various dps specs that have viable dps. I do not argue that and do not think that the top dps should also come with all the utility. In fact I think if you are in a top dps spec very little utility should be on the table. Marksmen is for all practical purposes a great example of the viable dps with utility. It is by no means the top dps and well it shouldnt be with the utility it brings. But souls like BD which received a buff in 1.7 are still unable to compete for the top dps spec and bring very little utility(one silence). It was a step in the right direct for the soul and the calling in general.

    if being on par with the other callings for dps was even possible I wouldnt have made the thread. We are simply out classes by every other calling in all aspects of the game. mediocre at best. If we are to have nothing we are great at neither should any other calling.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammothtruk View Post
    Again currenty we dont do anything the best..
    You have the absolute best ST DPS in the current live build. Learn to spec properly and stop being fail and using MM thinking it's still top DPS.
    You have the absolute best utility DPS spec in the game since 1.5 (MM).
    You have a must in all raids: Bard.
    You have the most mobile tank.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 02-06-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Sebb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    4,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mammothtruk View Post
    please post why you think rogues should be the top physical DPS.

    IMO its because we have 6 dps souls and our tank soul is also doubling as a dps role. with 6.5 dps souls I believe we should have higher dps than a calling with less.
    You succeed at being the most versatile dps in the raid. Which is why we have 6 of them.

    If you only have 0.5 tanking souls, does that mean you should take 800% more damage than me with my 4?

    Fail argument is fail. Warriors have 4 melee dps souls, rogues have 4 (or 4.5 in your case). Blah blah blah blah.


    I do support BS being the highest dps in the game. As the only spec with melee, no AOE, and positional requirement that sucks in target switching. But you said it was too much work for you so I'm not really sure how to help you.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

  14. #14
    Telaran Mammothtruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    You have the absolute best ST DPS in the current live build. Learn to spec properly and stop being fail and using MM thinking it's still top DPS.
    You have the absolute best utility DPS spec in the game since 1.5 (MM).
    You have a must in all raids: Bard.
    You have the most mobile tank.
    1. before the parse site went down two rogues where in the top 50 parses. and they were not on the top of that list

    2. best utility? purge, silence, respectable dps, some mobility, over all good spec and is in the right place IMO. Not unique in the ability to purge and silence. on par yes.

    3. you can have bard since no rogues want to do it. Ill trade you bard for another tank soul. barding is by far the worst thing to play( I call it "getting in the barrel")

    4. no argument there. rift stalker is all over the place all the time. gets you killed more often than not unless the healer has a clue. is useful in some content for bosses. still its not the top tank and is behind in a lot of respects. I think other than the deflection itemization trion said was coming they are in a good place as a backup tank.

  15. #15
    Telaran Mammothtruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sebb View Post
    You succeed at being the most versatile dps in the raid. Which is why we have 6 of them.

    If you only have 0.5 tanking souls, does that mean you should take 800% more damage than me with my 4?

    Fail argument is fail. Warriors have 4 melee dps souls, rogues have 4 (or 4.5 in your case). Blah blah blah blah.


    I do support BS being the highest dps in the game. As the only spec with melee, no AOE, and positional requirement that sucks in target switching. But you said it was too much work for you so I'm not really sure how to help you.
    That sir is funny since today I was talking with the rogues about a spec we have been working on to bring the complication down a bit. It was ran tonight and preformed well. Come next week Ill will have the spec and be familiar enough with it to run it. Welcome this guy to the melee horde.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts