Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Rogues - Top DPS and why

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    The only time warriors were doing 4.8k iirc was when Crushing Runeshard was bugged. I might be wrong, though. Either way, we're doing lower damage than we were in 1.6.
    this is incorrect the top sicaron warrior parse was by notme and didnt involve using chrushing rune shard exploits
    - he actually beat the chrusing shard debuff bug parses.
    4.8 k using polearm + rng luck
    Last edited by TyrLith; 02-07-2012 at 04:16 AM.

1) Saying it doesn't make it true. I challenge you to go ask some of the top rogues what they parse on Sicaron and Murdantix, and what some of the top warriors parse on Sicaron/Murdantix. Just because your DPS is lower than your raid's warriors does not mean rogues are worse DPS -- Hint: It's not them, it's you.
    2) Armor Debuff is still the best in game, you still have snare, and spammable purge is useful because it by definition has a shorter CD. Places where such a thing is useful: Sicaron, ROTP minis.
    3) I've actually met quite a few people that love to bard. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one else does, and this still doesn't change the fact that it's required for a raid and is best at what it does.
    4) It's still the best mobile tank.
    Wow, clueless.

1. For 1 lockout, rogues were top dps because warriors got nerfed and so did mages. The result, mages got a flat 5% extra damage boost and warriors got a huge buff. It's yet to be determined who's top dps now. Given mages were still breaking 4.5k and got 5% more damage, I'd bet on mages.
    2. You yourself said that MM dps is terrible.... ok, I"ll play the same stupid game. Warriors are now top dps, who can purge and interrupt. Since warriors have a purge in one build and can dps, it must mean they always have it.
    3. You've met people who love to bard - names, or ****.
    4. Best mobile tank? That's like winning in the special olympics. Warriors are flat out the best tanks in game right now.
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-07-2012 at 04:25 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mayi View Post
    Wow, clueless.

1. For 1 lockout, rogues were top dps because warriors got nerfed and so did mages. The result, mages got a flat 5% extra damage boost and warriors got a huge buff. It's yet to be determined who's top dps now. Given mages were still breaking 4.5k and got 5% more damage, I'd bet on mages.
    2. You yourself said that MM dps is terrible.... ok, I"ll play the same stupid game. Warriors are now top dps, who can purge and interrupt. Since warriors have a purge in one build and can dps, it must mean they always have it.
    3. You've met people who love to bard - names, or ****.
    4. Best mobile tank? That's like winning in the special olympics. Warriors are flat out the best tanks in game right now.
    1) Warriors are still looking at losing DPS from 1.6, most likely. Rogues were brought up to right at or above where warriors were, so it's definitely not going to be a warrior as top DPS. As for mages, I really don't know as my mage still isn't in 4 piece.
    2) What? I said MM shouldn't be good DPS because of it's utility, not Bloodstalker or any other build. In fact, I say somewhere in this thread that Bloodstalker should be max because of it's limited utility.
    3) There have been multiple threads on the forums about people that love to bard. I can't remember where they are, but go browse your own forums..It's probably there somewhere.
    4) And being max mitigation with little to no utility whatsoever (Even with four tanking souls) is like winning at poker just to lose all your money at Blackjack. Welcome to the club!
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

3) There have been multiple threads on the forums about people that love to bard. I can't remember where they are, but go browse your own forums..It's probably there somewhere.
    You mean multiple threads where people complain about how absolutely boring it is to bard and people asking for advice on how to make their rogues play bard?

Almost anyone who raids as a rogue in any guild outside of casual ones would prefer (sometimes strongly) not to bard. Some people do it because they understand that you need one, essentially taking one for the team. Some people have to have their arms twisted into doing it.

Anyone with half a brain can figure out what to do on bard and perform well in it. Anyone who can't make bard work you wouldn't want in your raid anyway.

Its the dunce hat for raid rogues, and horribly boring for folks with two neurons.

1) Warriors are still looking at losing DPS from 1.6, most likely. Rogues were brought up to right at or above where warriors were, so it's definitely not going to be a warrior as top DPS. As for mages, I really don't know as my mage still isn't in 4 piece.
    2) What? I said MM shouldn't be good DPS because of it's utility, not Bloodstalker or any other build. In fact, I say somewhere in this thread that Bloodstalker should be max because of it's limited utility.
    4) And being max mitigation with little to no utility whatsoever (Even with four tanking souls) is like winning at poker just to lose all your money at Blackjack. Welcome to the club!
    1. Wrong, all the warriors in guild are close to 100 dps HIGHER on the dummy then pre-1.7. Of course that hasn't stopped the warriors from crying like they usually do. Most obviously don't do their own testing, and instead aren't happy until they can see a parse from a warrior in another guild, who've they've never met.. being top dps in that parse. It's really sad really.
    2. Great, you agree that utility should be a factor in dps. Therefore, warriors should be nerfed if they ever reach close to BS dps. You have an interrupt and amazing aoe. BS has 0 aoe... 0.
    3. Yes, people who're new to the game. Those same people don't play the game long once the tedium sets in. The only consistent thing about those kinds of posters is they stop posting after a month or two.
    4. No utility? Please... warriors have been trying to get away with saying that they don't have a support soul in forever. Warlord provides required armor debuffs for the raid (unless you bring a BM)... oh wait, doesn't that secure you a spot in a raid just like a bard? I guess it does. So drop the BS QQ that makes 0 sense. These are the rogue forums, not the warrior forums where you can all get together spewing your 'oh woe is me' while being OP and get away with it. Plus... way of the mountain in a tanking role!
    Last edited by Mayi; 02-07-2012 at 05:08 AM.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

1. Wrong, all the warriors in guild are close to 100 dps HIGHER on the dummy then pre-1.7. Of course that hasn't stopped the warriors from crying like they usually do. Most obviously don't do their own testing, and instead aren't happy until they can see a parse from a warrior in another guild, who've they've never met.. being top dps in that parse. It's really sad really.
    2. Great, you agree that utility should be a factor in dps. Therefore, warriors should be nerfed if they ever reach close to BS dps. You have an interrupt and amazing aoe. BS has 0 aoe... 0.
    3. Yes, people who're new to the game. Those same people don't play the game long once the tedium sets in. The only consistent thing about those kinds of posters is they stop posting after a month or two.
    4. No utility? Please... warriors have been trying to get away with saying that they don't have a support soul in forever. Warlord provides required armor debuffs for the raid (unless you bring a BM)... oh wait, doesn't that secure you a spot in a raid just like a bard? I guess it does. So drop the BS QQ that makes 0 sense. These are the rogue forums, not the warrior forums where you can all get together spewing your 'oh woe is me' while being OP and get away with it. Plus... way of the mountain in a tanking role!
    I'm not even going to bother arguing with someone that's clearly biased. The discussion is way off track: Do you seriously think number of souls in a role is how you should measure it's viability in that role, as the OP suggests?

Because then RS and Justicar should have a fourth of a warriors' mitigation, chloro healing should be nerfed to high hell, and cleric/warrior DPS should be utter crap with rogues and mages about even. Sounds like an incredibly fun game and all.

If your warrior tank is armor debuffing, I'm not sure what to tell you other than that you're doing it wrong.

But this has become the most epic "Bloodstalker is too hard for me QQ" post ever.
    Seb - R40 OP PVP Warrior
    Solo Tanking Akylios - But I hate tanking Plutonus.
    New WF Idea for Rift
    SAVE THE VK!!!

Telaran

If you make a thread that relates to all callings, expect other callings to chime in. Also, rogues do the same to warriors all the time.

Still doesn't invalidate my point:
    If Number of Souls for role = Viability in that role, rogues and clerics should be utter trash tanks compared to warriors, who have four times the number of tank souls rogues and clerics do. As this is not the case, that argument is invalid.

Please give a better argument.
    Your saying warriors aren't superior tanks to the others? lol. Do you even play the same game? Or are you still playing wow? You are just a huge troll, have to go onto all others forums. Feel threatened now that others can out dps you? I Am sure. Post more QQ threads please, so you can get a buff. God forbid any other people out dps you, its the end of the world. Can't wait to hear this trolls reply again, with some stupid logic, that my 4 year old could come up with.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i5 2500k OC @ 4.2Ghz
    Memory: Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR3 1600
    Graphics: MSI Twin Frozr Geforce GTX 560Ti OC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Iceking View Post
    Your saying warriors aren't superior tanks to the others? lol. Do you even play the same game? Or are you still playing wow? You are just a huge troll, have to go onto all others forums. Feel threatened now that others can out dps you? I Am sure. Post more QQ threads please, so you can get a buff. God forbid any other people out dps you, its the end of the world. Can't wait to hear this trolls reply again, with some stupid logic, that my 4 year old could come up with.
    When I say "utter trash" I mean they should have a fourth of the mitigation warriors do, based on the argument that number of souls = viability in a role. But yeah, keep arguing that that's obviously the way to go because it obviously means you should be competitive tanks and the bestest DPS evars, while ignoring this rule for warrior tanking.

Oh look, I misinterpreted your post on purpose too.

Telaran

When I say "utter trash" I mean they should have a fourth of the mitigation warriors do, based on the argument that number of souls = viability in a role. But yeah, keep arguing that that's obviously the way to go because it obviously means you should be competitive tanks and the bestest DPS evars, while ignoring this rule for warrior tanking.

Oh look, I misinterpreted your post on purpose too.
    Do you have a life seriously? Are you married? Have kids? Got a job? Any hobbies besides qqing on the forums on rift?

If not, First thing I would do if I was you, would be to go outside, take a deep breath. Wait till its dark, look at the sky and stars. Be like wow that is amazing. How was any of this even possible. Then go out have some fun with friends. And think to yourself. I get this mad over a game? And have to keep posting stuff on every forum like a 9 year old? Man there is so much more to life than that. Maybe I Should take a chill pill, relax, and mind my own business.

Its obvious btw the OP was fishing, and most likely at you. To get on your nerves or w.e. Ill tell you this much though, for me personally. I Don't care what calling does more dps/hps/ better at tanking, or better at crying on the forums for buffs. At the end of the day All I care about is, can we kill boss X with what is provided. Any buff to any calling is good news to me, because that means my raid can kill it faster, which in turn means less time for mistakes.

As long as everyone is kinda close, I don't mind at all. Warriors have been top since GSB, or for the most part. I Never came on here to cry, zomg warriors need a nerf. It was like that for months, and we rogues were bottom of the table. Sad part is our range was our best dps for a long time. Now that rogues can compete people like you have to almost justify it, to make sure we get nerfed. At the end I don't care how much I get nerfed, I Will still find a way to max my dps. And find a way to overcome it.

There will always be buffs and nerfs and changes, if not this game would be boring as hell. Because we would have all been doing the same thing for a year now. It is how you handle it, work with it and do with it that counts.

Here is a challenge to you and all your fellow warriors, who wanna qq all the time. Instead of posting over 1000 posts, spent that time at a dummy. Work on builds. Give your dev some ideas, parses, etc. Explain what you want and why. You know all that stuff. I Bet if you and the rest did that instead of posting all the time you would all be happier too. Crying on the forums gets you no where. The only thing that helps is concrete numbers, and well thought out ideas. If not you are just a baby crying, omg mommy he took my cookie.

Grow a pair please.

In short. No matter what if my raid can kill the bosses, I am happy. Now when everyone gets nerfed, and we cant kill it, we might have a problem. And everyone getting buffed isn't so great sometimes either. I like the challenges, and making stuff too easy, well that is why I left WOW in the first place. Take a deep breath, and break from posting on trolls threads. Its like trolls gone wild here sheesh. Oh and go outside have some fun. There is more to life than a game.

Ascendant

Do you have a life seriously? Are you married? Have kids? Got a job? Any hobbies besides qqing on the forums on rift?

If not, First thing I would do if I was you, would be to go outside, take a deep breath. Wait till its dark, look at the sky and stars. Be like wow that is amazing. How was any of this even possible. Then go out have some fun with friends. And think to yourself. I get this mad over a game? And have to keep posting stuff on every forum like a 9 year old? Man there is so much more to life than that. Maybe I Should take a chill pill, relax, and mind my own business.

Its obvious btw the OP was fishing, and most likely at you. To get on your nerves or w.e. Ill tell you this much though, for me personally. I Don't care what calling does more dps/hps/ better at tanking, or better at crying on the forums for buffs. At the end of the day All I care about is, can we kill boss X with what is provided. Any buff to any calling is good news to me, because that means my raid can kill it faster, which in turn means less time for mistakes.

As long as everyone is kinda close, I don't mind at all. Warriors have been top since GSB, or for the most part. I Never came on here to cry, zomg warriors need a nerf. It was like that for months, and we rogues were bottom of the table. Sad part is our range was our best dps for a long time. Now that rogues can compete people like you have to almost justify it, to make sure we get nerfed. At the end I don't care how much I get nerfed, I Will still find a way to max my dps. And find a way to overcome it.

There will always be buffs and nerfs and changes, if not this game would be boring as hell. Because we would have all been doing the same thing for a year now. It is how you handle it, work with it and do with it that counts.

Here is a challenge to you and all your fellow warriors, who wanna qq all the time. Instead of posting over 1000 posts, spent that time at a dummy. Work on builds. Give your dev some ideas, parses, etc. Explain what you want and why. You know all that stuff. I Bet if you and the rest did that instead of posting all the time you would all be happier too. Crying on the forums gets you no where. The only thing that helps is concrete numbers, and well thought out ideas. If not you are just a baby crying, omg mommy he took my cookie.

Grow a pair please.

In short. No matter what if my raid can kill the bosses, I am happy. Now when everyone gets nerfed, and we cant kill it, we might have a problem. And everyone getting buffed isn't so great sometimes either. I like the challenges, and making stuff too easy, well that is why I left WOW in the first place. Take a deep breath, and break from posting on trolls threads. Its like trolls gone wild here sheesh. Oh and go outside have some fun. There is more to life than a game.
    Ad hominem attacks because you can't form a valid argument are the cornerstone of rogue trolling.

Congrats on proving my theory!
    Btw: I don't really care what any of you think, this is just hilarious in so many ways.
    Last edited by Hunt55511; 02-07-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Telaran

Ad hominem attacks because you can't form a valid argument are the cornerstone of rogue trolling.

Congrats on proving my theory!
    Btw: I don't really care what any of you think, this is just hilarious in so many ways.
    I'm sure it is, it is for me too. I Don't read the forums that often. I Check the dev posts quite often though. But with people like you here, it sure makes some entertainment. I Just think to myself, please god don't let me turn into that. I'm sure if i was as immature as you Id be having some fun working on others too. But I got better things to do with my time. At worse I'd be working on new specs, new ways to lay my points to up my dps, or spending that time working on my PA's. You know the thing that also helps increase your dps, survivability. Instead of crying on the forums, hoping for a free buff to my dps. im sure you would get it eventually too. Here is the funny part, no matter how much you sir get buffed, I Would bet you 1k Plat I Would still out dps your silly troll ....

For me this game is about fun, and part of the challenge is to work with what you got. It is more of a challenge to work out how you can up your dps. if I wanted it all handed to me on a plate I would go back to WOW. Especially now since it is all made for people like you. Maybe you should go look at it. But I'm sure you'd find something to cry about too, since you have no skill and can't compete with others. I'm willing to bet even when warriors were beast, you weren't even close to top dps. Just because you are struggling doesn't mean all warriors suck. Same goes for any other calling. There aren't that many good warriors out there, neither rogues. It's not all about using a rotation the same way either. It is how you handle the unexpected, and how you dodge stuff, and still do good dps, without dying that makes you good. Or are you the type that does anything to up dps, and yet die to a big red circle ,hmm not even sure why I asked that, the answer is obvious. Then you still don't even make top dps anywhere.

Anyways enough of this, I got stuff to do. Take care man. I Enjoyed this short pow wow. Look forward to seeing your other posts in the next few days.

PS. Its just a game bro.... Life goes on.

Ascendant

I'm sure it is, it is for me too. I Don't read the forums that often. I Check the dev posts quite often though. But with people like you here, it sure makes some entertainment. I Just think to myself, please god don't let me turn into that. I'm sure if i was as immature as you Id be having some fun working on others too. But I got better things to do with my time. At worse I'd be working on new specs, new ways to lay my points to up my dps, or spending that time working on my PA's. You know the thing that also helps increase your dps, survivability. Instead of crying on the forums, hoping for a free buff to my dps. im sure you would get it eventually too. Here is the funny part, no matter how much you sir get buffed, I Would bet you 1k Plat I Would still out dps your silly troll ....

For me this game is about fun, and part of the challenge is to work with what you got. It is more of a challenge to work out how you can up your dps. if I wanted it all handed to me on a plate I would go back to WOW. Especially now since it is all made for people like you. Maybe you should go look at it. But I'm sure you'd find something to cry about too, since you have no skill and can't compete with others. I'm willing to bet even when warriors were beast, you weren't even close to top dps. Just because you are struggling doesn't mean all warriors suck. Same goes for any other calling. There aren't that many good warriors out there, neither rogues. It's not all about using a rotation the same way either. It is how you handle the unexpected, and how you dodge stuff, and still do good dps, without dying that makes you good. Or are you the type that does anything to up dps, and yet die to a big red circle ,hmm not even sure why I asked that, the answer is obvious. Then you still don't even make top dps anywhere.

Anyways enough of this, I got stuff to do. Take care man. I Enjoyed this short pow wow. Look forward to seeing your other posts in the next few days.

PS. Its just a game bro.... Life goes on.
    Three sentences get me a short essay?
    And I'm taking the game seriously?

Telaran

Yea I probably wouldn't either If I couldn't make top 200 dps on any fight. You got me there.

I wonder which one of these people have 800+ PA's. <_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast