+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: To whom it may concern in regards to 1.8

Champion

Default To whom it may concern in regards to 1.8

I am trying to keep this post as helpful for the rogue community as a whole, so please avoid trolling here. Take it to another thread/sub-forum.

To whom it may concern:

I am curious if it is possible for you to shed some light for your plans for the Rogue calling for 1.8? As far as I know, all that has been stated is that the Sab soul is getting revamped, and that our PAs are getting looked at.

A few references in this post about ID and 1.8, were made with the assumption that they will be released relatively around the same time period.

A few questions I have, and would love to be answered:

1.) Do you plan on looking into Rogue energy regeneration?

Warriors got their fix, to where they no longer have to use a tablet and fervor to perform in raids without being energy starved in their top DPS build. We are currently still energy starved (With a Tablet/Fervor) in our top single target build (32sin/20rs/14mm). I am all for having to use consumables to achieve maximum DPS, I would still use a tablet (for the Str bonus) even if it was not required to not be energy starved. I am just curious as to where you stand on this position.

2.) Can you shed some light on what changes you have planned for the PA system?

Title of the question is pretty self explanatory. There have been many recommendations made, such as combining Bows/Guns into one node, ect.

3.) Can you share some of your changes planned for the Saboteur soul?

I understand you plan on making it our top AoE DPS soul, and competitive with the other calling's AoE souls. Also, it was stated that you planned on promoting synergy with sab and the other souls.

Is it possible that the sab soul can get some love in the solo specs that many of us use in EI to grind mobs? I find it very frustrating that Warriors and Clerics can chain pull endless amounts of mobs, whereas Mages and Rogues get penalized in the Exp/hour that we can grind by ourselves. Maybe Sab can be integrated here.

4.) Do you have any plans on changes with the Riftstalker for 1.8 or ID's Release?

I am not an avid tank, or "tank guru", but I am sure there are many rogues in the community that would be interested if there are any changes planned for ID's release. As it has already been stated by a "cleric lead" that Justicars are getting looked at.

All in all, I made this post just to try to get some more communication flowing between our community. I am excited for the next batch of content, and for the upcoming changes for 1.8, as im assuming a lot will be changing in this game (Warriors getting AP scaling, Rogue PA changes, Cleric tank changes, ect.)

I for one, will make myself available for any type of parsing (Live or PTS) needed, to help you with your plans for your changes planned for the next patch. I don't like speaking for others, but im almost positive that most of the rogues in my guild would do the same, and im sure many other guilds/rogues would help also.

Looking forward to hear your response,

Kokie

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

What's the point of starting a thread in a discussion forums if OP doesn't care about the opinion of anyone except "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named."

PM this to him.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    Is it possible that the sab soul can get some love in the solo specs that many of us use in EI to grind mobs? I find it very frustrating that Warriors and Clerics can chain pull endless amounts of mobs, whereas Mages and Rogues get penalized in the Exp/hour that we can grind by ourselves. Maybe Sab can be integrated here.
    Kokie, there are already rogue solo specs that can grind at the same rate as a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Kokie, there are already rogue solo specs that can grind at the same rate as a warrior.
    Not quite. Warriors can get a lot more self healing while doing more damage than a rogue in their solo'ing spec, but regardless of class, biggest issue is finding an area with no mob downtime.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffles View Post
    Not quite. Warriors can get a lot more self healing while doing more damage than a rogue in their solo'ing spec, but regardless of class, biggest issue is finding an area with no mob downtime.
    I hear warriors also have built-in archon and bard buffs in their solo build.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Champion

You must not know who Puddn is then .___.

wish I was max PAs

RIFT Guide Writer

wish I was max PAs
    Well on the other hand it's not like you would actually gain anything useful from those PAs beyond like 500-600 levels.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gery View Post
    Well on the other hand it's not like you would actually gain anything useful from those PAs beyond like 500-600 levels.
    Endurance is always useful in progression :x.
    Maza the Mage <Damaged PvPness>
    Not playing a warrior anymore because it's boring.
    11/11 HK | 4/4 ROTP | 0/8 ID

Quote Originally Posted by Hunt55511 View Post
    I hear warriors also have built-in archon and bard buffs in their solo build.
    Blade of elemental affinity builds. Unlike rogue grind builds, the healing scales very well off of damage. With the 44 pts riftblade you need to get it, you can still take 22 para for BLtR, more parry, and more crit (which translates to more heals) as well as additional ranged attacks and straight up damage. Otherwise you can go 22 reaver and get raw mitigation, 20% less damage taken below 30% hp, and more AoE DoTs/heals.

These surpass rogue solo'ing builds by quite a bit.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Ascendant

We get a pretty large amount of self healing and have access to the same heal/shield on block/deflect that warriors do. DPS/HPS-wise we're at roughly the same figures as warriors as well.

Ascendant

wish I was max PAs
    Eh, I know exactly who puddin is, he hasn't done anything I can't do in game, and plus he was a slowpoke. Oh, and FYI, no one is max PA atm, though some people are currently capped.

Ascendant

Blade of elemental affinity builds. Unlike rogue grind builds, the healing scales very well off of damage. With the 44 pts riftblade you need to get it, you can still take 22 para for BLtR, more parry, and more crit (which translates to more heals) as well as additional ranged attacks and straight up damage. Otherwise you can go 22 reaver and get raw mitigation, 20% less damage taken below 30% hp, and more AoE DoTs/heals.

These surpass rogue solo'ing builds by quite a bit.
    44RB for pa grinding? Eh, I'll give that 9 fails out of 10. You aren't going to be grinding at 3+ PAs/hr in a 44RB spec.

I don't think you understand what real PA grinding requires.

Telaran

Bumping for Kokie. /10 char

Champion

Eh, I know exactly who puddin is, he hasn't done anything I can't do in game, and plus he was a slowpoke. Oh, and FYI, no one is max PA atm, though some people are currently capped.
    I know that you know who Puddn is, I was attempting to troll, but I failed :O

But yeah, I know you dont "have to" stop moving while grinding, but none of our specs are as efficient as theirs, or clerics.

Rift Disciple

Just a few additional questions for the list:

Melee vs Ranged synergy reevaluation:
    1.5 pointedly brought about many changes in talents to allow them to have synergy in all souls yet as the patches have cone this has become undone, most notably with the BD changes only affecting melee skills and finishers. Another major note of contention since beta has been serrated blades also only be effective for melee.

Will bards be looked at in this patch for the following 3 concerns: scaling with gear (again), motif duration (1min would be a reason to celebrate), and skill range (30m so we can actually survive in pvp)?

Marksmen DPS reevaluation:
    I am not saying it shouold be the top dps as it was however 500 dps behind the top spec is a bit extreme. 1.5 spent a lot of time getting all specs within 200 dps (goal stated) and then by 1.6 this goal was ripped apart and has yet to recover.

Riftstalker DPS evaluation:
    Currently the top PVE dps spec is 20 points in a tank tree?! It seems odd to me that a tank hybrid should beat out any pure dps tree. I know many people like the spec but it is rather skewed and would limit growth in the other specs similar to how sabdancer did.
    Necessity of RS hyrbridization in pvp, due to the above mentioned change... using RS in pvp is not only a survival boost but dps boost which again defeats the original balance of added survival coming at a cost of dps (as it should be).

Will the BD synergy crystal 4pc bonus finally be altered to something of use not requiring you spec 51 points into a tree which only has a bout 36 points worth of offensive abilities. Though the recent changes have allowed it to be more viable in raids it is still hindered by the requirement to waste so many points in the tree.

NB has grown since 1.5 and the changes have given it some edge however it is still falling short of the top spec not only in dps but utility. Utility is an easy fix for Smother is currently a useless ability and should be changed to an interrupt similar to Weapon Barrage.

With the upcoming Sab review, will the sab cystal come under scrutiny as well?

Also on a note for the Sab review could we please have our incriminate macros fixed which has been broken since 1.5?
    ie:
    target Name
    cast Incriminate
    targetlasttarget

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast