Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ailion; In regards to 1.8

  1. #1
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default Ailion; In regards to 1.8

    I am trying to keep this post as helpful for the rogue community as a whole, so please avoid trolling here. Take it to another thread/sub-forum.



    Ailion,

    I am curious if it is possible for you to shed some light for your plans for the Rogue calling for 1.8? As far as I know, all that has been stated is that the Sab soul is getting revamped, and that our PAs are getting looked at.

    A few references in this post about ID and 1.8, were made with the assumption that they will be released relatively around the same time period.



    A few questions I have, and would love to be answered:


    1.) Do you plan on looking into Rogue energy regeneration?

    Warriors got their fix, to where they no longer have to use a tablet and fervor to perform in raids without being energy starved in their top DPS build. We are currently still energy starved (With a Tablet/Fervor) in our top single target build (32sin/20rs/14mm). I am all for having to use consumables to achieve maximum DPS, I would still use a tablet (for the Str bonus) even if it was not required to not be energy starved. I am just curious as to where you stand on this position.


    2.) Can you shed some light on what changes you have planned for the PA system?

    Title of the question is pretty self explanatory. There have been many recommendations made, such as combining Bows/Guns into one node, ect.


    3.) Can you share some of your changes planned for the Saboteur soul?

    I understand you plan on making it our top AoE DPS soul, and competitive with the other calling's AoE souls. Also, it was stated that you planned on promoting synergy with sab and the other souls.

    Is it possible that the sab soul can get some love in the solo specs that many of us use in EI to grind mobs? I find it very frustrating that Warriors and Clerics can chain pull endless amounts of mobs, whereas Mages and Rogues get penalized in the Exp/hour that we can grind by ourselves. Maybe Sab can be integrated here.


    4.) Do you have any plans on changes with the Riftstalker for 1.8 or ID's Release?

    I am not an avid tank, or "tank guru", but I am sure there are many rogues in the community that would be interested if there are any changes planned for ID's release. As it has already been stated by Zinbik that Justicars are getting looked at.




    All in all, I made this post just to try to get some more communication flowing between our community, and you. I am excited for the next batch of content, and for the upcoming changes for 1.8, as im assuming a lot will be changing in this game (Warriors getting AP scaling, Rogue PA changes, Cleric tank changes, ect.)

    I for one, will make myself available for any type of parsing (Live or PTS) needed, to help you with your plans for your changes planned for the next patch. I don't like speaking for others, but im almost positive that most of the rogues in my guild would do the same, and im sure many other guilds/rogues would help also.



    Looking forward to hear your response,

    Kokie
    Last edited by Kokie; 02-06-2012 at 01:55 PM.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    My opinion:

    1)Our regeneration doesnt need a boost, what we need is the Controlled Fire effect on every spec.

    We need -10% energy cost on all abilities, not more energy regen, MM doesnt have any issues with Fervor for that reason (Well maybe there is a tiny delay when waiting for Strafe, but most of the time its not there), i want to not be energy starved under fervor in ANY spec, not only MM.

    2)The whole PA system is dumb, i really wish it could be changed to "One Handed and Ranged" and have a description of "Only 6.4 DPS maximum can be achieved" and let us spec what ever tree we want, oh how i love my Strength with a Gun, even though its 0.5 AP its not 1 Crit also, why is Strength even there, i dont get it.

    3)The Saboteur soul is so messed up, i really cant wait to see what he has in his mind.

    a)Traps are useless.

    b)Most Charges are useless.

    c)Bombs are a DPS loss.

    I would love to see Bombs and Detonate removed, and Bombs becoming finishers instead with effects similar to now, AoE soul ftw.

    d)Whole spec is pretty much useless because of the above compared to how the other specs have been changed for the better after 1.5.

    4)Frankly, Riftstalkers are "okay" a change that COULD happen is:

    Give Riftstalkers +10% Health on their tree, remove the bard one and switch it with something else like 10% healing done and received.

    Gives us the health we are missing, without having to spec Bard/Ranger for max HP to "reach" (At least be 500-1k behind, not 3k) Warrior numbers.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Supporting this thread. Kokie summarizes all the issues that are really pressing for rogues in 1.8.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  4. #4
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post


    4)Frankly, Riftstalkers are "okay" a change that COULD happen is:

    Give Riftstalkers +10% Health on their tree, remove the bard one and switch it with something else like 10% healing done and received.

    Gives us the health we are missing, without having to spec Bard/Ranger for max HP to "reach" (At least be 500-1k behind, not 3k) Warrior numbers.
    I really don't see the need for these over making planar switch be something useful. No one uses bard with RS after T1's (when there was T1's). In raids there will always be another bard anyways.

    I don't think out health should be competetive with warriors, we should operate much more on mitigation.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    I really don't see the need for these over making planar switch be something useful. No one uses bard with RS after T1's (when there was T1's). In raids there will always be another bard anyways.

    I don't think out health should be competetive with warriors, we should operate much more on mitigation.
    I am answering the major QQ of RS tanks.

    "My best spec has less health than a Warrior, fix", and if you understood my post you would understand what i said ;D

    I never said to spec bard, i said give RS 10% more health, change the bard spec to something else, still viable for a tank, but not % health based, aka 10% healing received.
    Insanity@Blightweald EU
    HK 11/11

  6. #6
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I am answering the major QQ of RS tanks.

    "My best spec has less health than a Warrior, fix", and if you understood my post you would understand what i said ;D

    I never said to spec bard, i said give RS 10% more health, change the bard spec to something else, still viable for a tank, but not % health based, aka 10% healing received.
    It just surprised me because first, I never really see QQing RS tanks.

    Secondly, the only thing I ever hear they don't like is planar switch, which we just ignore anyway.

  7. #7
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Addressing threads to Ailion or any other dev is stupid. Forums are for discussion, not desperately trying to get the attention of people who have better things to do.

  8. #8
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Addressing threads to Ailion or any other dev is stupid. Forums are for discussion, not desperately trying to get the attention of people who have better things to do.
    To be completely honest, your opinion means little to nothing to me.

    This is a thread that was created to encourage our dev to interact with those who care about the future of our calling. If I wanted some attention, id go troll the warrior forums, or such.
    Last edited by Kokie; 02-06-2012 at 02:43 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Excellent idea. Looking forward to any Ailion updates <3

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Puandro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Addressing threads to Ailion or any other dev is stupid. Forums are for discussion, not desperately trying to get the attention of people who have better things to do.
    Silly Dunharrow.
    Gnarlwood - Belladonna - P50 Rogue
    Seastone - Puandro - P24 Mage
    Im here for the PvE, not the unbalanced subpar PvP.
    Just Waiting...

  11. #11
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    To be completely honest, your opinion means little to nothing to me.

    This is a thread that was created to encourage our dev to interact with those who care about the future of our calling. If I wanted some attention, id go troll the warrior forums, or such.
    To be honest, your opinion of my opinions means nothing to me. I never said you wanted attention in general, I said you wanted Ailion's attention specifically. Going to try to deny that after putting his name in the thread title?

    Your motives are transparent, but misguided. What if everyone made @Ailion threads? Have you noticed people are doing that now? You're contributing to a negative trend.

    In most games, if a thread is @ a developer they will close it without comment, because these types of threads discourage discussion and open discourse. You don't want developer interaction. You want to somehow influence the outcome of rogue changes. It won't happen, and it shouldn't happen.

    Use your head and drop the petty insults. You're probably smarter than that.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 02-06-2012 at 03:27 PM.

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    To be honest, your opinion of my opinions means nothing to me. I never said you wanted attention in general, I said you wanted Ailion's attention specifically. Going to try to deny that after putting his name in the thread title?

    Your motives are transparent, but misguided. What if everyone made @Ailion threads? Have you noticed people are doing that now? You're contributing to a negative trend.

    In most games, if a thread is @ a developer they will close it without comment, because these types of threads discourage discussion and open discourse. You don't want developer interaction. You want to somehow influence the outcome of rogue changes. It won't happen, and it shouldn't happen.

    Use your head and drop the petty insults. You're probably smarter than that.
    Please, please show me where I once stated, or hinted that I want to influence rogue changes? The only thing I suggested was a way to grind similar to Warriors/Clerics, which in a PvE raid setting would provide no advantage to our calling over another, that isnt already present.

    You can go back and check all of my posts, I have always just asked for COMMUNICATION from our dev, with our community.

    Trying to get communication between a community that in the past has not been happy with Ailion, is in no way a "negative" trend, nor was the thread created to discourage discussion.

    A fail troll, is a fail troll.

    Try again though, keep it coming.

  13. #13
    RIFT Guide Writer Gyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokie View Post
    To be completely honest, your opinion means little to nothing to me.

    This is a thread that was created to encourage our dev to interact with those who care about the future of our calling. If I wanted some attention, id go troll the warrior forums, or such.
    Kokie, ignore him please. Don't let this well-intentioned and worthwhile thread devolve into a Dusparrow fight.

    As for my comment on the actual OP, i like it.

    I don't think we need a change with regard to energy starvation though, maybe a slight boost to regen or cost reduction, but nothing so drastic as many people seem to want. I like the fact that we actually gain DPS in a raid setting from more than just stat buffs. Also IMO it fits well into our class design. With a faster GCD, we should be expected to burn through energy more quickly.

    Riftstalker Tanking in ID is something that i really hope gets looked at though. Mistakes are excusable, but repeated mistakes are not. The ID release CAN NOT see Riftstalker tanks in the same place they were at HK release (meaning extremely sub-par) or it will be a major failure on Trion's part IMO.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    /wave dunharrow...wanna go again? ;)
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Deepwood
    Clarith - Rogue
    RG2 10/11 HK, 2/8 ID

  15. #15
    Ascendant Zazen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Addressing threads to Ailion or any other dev is stupid. Forums are for discussion, not desperately trying to get the attention of people who have better things to do.
    So putting questions to the class lead is not promoting discussion? Your command of the English language is as much a failure as your understanding of the rogue class, which probably accounts for you regurgitating the work of others and pedaling it as Advanced Rogue Strategy.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts