+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Player, Need a little advice

Default Returning Player, Need a little advice

Hey,

I am just getting back into the game and decided to stick with my 50 rogue (i have a 43 war and 48 mage as well). The last time I played was when greenscale was the only raid so its been a while. I currently only have the Ravagers set of gear and a 42.3 dps bow and 29 dps 1hs. My question to the rogue community is this.... How hard is it to gear for random expert dungeon tanking?

I see to get the Ravager (i forget the tank set name) lvl gear takes 219 plauqes of achievement (I think thatís what their called) which doesnít seem so bad. But where can I get some good tanking Planar Essence?? Iím not going to lie I havenít played in such a long while I feel really lost. I have been messing around with a rift stalker heavy solo build for doing Instant adventures and really enjoy it so I figured tanking would be really fun. I have main tanked in other MMOís so Iím not totally new to the idea. Is queing as tank in dungeon T1 gear going to make my pug healers suffer too much? Getting all this gear together seem really, really daunting. Is there a list of beginners tanking gear for a rogue tank? I couldnít find one.

Thanks for all of your input/suggestions.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Beastn View Post
    Hey,

I am just getting back into the game and decided to stick with my 50 rogue (i have a 43 war and 48 mage as well). The last time I played was when greenscale was the only raid so its been a while. I currently only have the Ravagers set of gear and a 42.3 dps bow and 29 dps 1hs. My question to the rogue community is this.... How hard is it to gear for random expert dungeon tanking?

I see to get the Ravager (i forget the tank set name) lvl gear takes 219 plauqes of achievement (I think thatís what their called) which doesnít seem so bad. But where can I get some good tanking Planar Essence?? Iím not going to lie I havenít played in such a long while I feel really lost. I have been messing around with a rift stalker heavy solo build for doing Instant adventures and really enjoy it so I figured tanking would be really fun. I have main tanked in other MMOís so Iím not totally new to the idea. Is queing as tank in dungeon T1 gear going to make my pug healers suffer too much? Getting all this gear together seem really, really daunting. Is there a list of beginners tanking gear for a rogue tank? I couldnít find one.

Thanks for all of your input/suggestions.
    At 50 you should start working on the 4 piece crafted set and the 2 piece upgrade set that uses the first crystal.

That crafted set will help you use your plaques much more efficiently than just going for all upgraded gear (plus the set is just for 2 pieces anyway.)

After those 2 sets are done, theres just a few gaps to fill in with drop/plaque gear. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    At 50 you should start working on the 4 piece crafted set and the 2 piece upgrade set that uses the first crystal.

That crafted set will help you use your plaques much more efficiently than just going for all upgraded gear (plus the set is just for 2 pieces anyway.)

After those 2 sets are done, theres just a few gaps to fill in with drop/plaque gear. Hope it helps.
    The 4 piece crafted set... Is that a HUGE plat dump? I am just returning and only have like 60 plat to my name, but I do have maxed out butchering and outfitting so I guess I could farm it. Thanks for the advice.

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Beastn View Post
    The 4 piece crafted set... Is that a HUGE plat dump? I am just returning and only have like 60 plat to my name, but I do have maxed out butchering and outfitting so I guess I could farm it. Thanks for the advice.
    Its about 300 plat give or take. Make bags, sell em. Run craft rifts and sell eternal planar essence.

I think its easier to get the plat than the plaques, others may disagree.

+ Reply to Thread