+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Adnoz
  • 1 Post By Zyzyx

Thread: Mellee rogue fixed, now on to ranged plz (MM/RNG)

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    110

    Default Mellee rogue fixed, now on to ranged plz (MM/RNG)

    -Someone remind me again why they nerfed MM when melee rogues are now pulling 5k on Sic
    -Why wont TRION allow ranged phycial dps to be competitive dps wise?
    -The MM supernerf was the most non-sensical, not well thought-out, over-reactive nerf I have ever seen
    in MMO's.
    -Ailion, you realize there are no MM/Rng in top raiding guilds. You have allowed an MMO to be without a ranged physical dps option, essentially making an entire class obsolete.

    -This needs a fix plz in 1.8

  2. #2
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lgrecul View Post
    -Someone remind me again why they nerfed MM when melee rogues are now pulling 5k on Sic
    -Why wont TRION allow ranged phycial dps to be competitive dps wise?
    -The MM supernerf was the most non-sensical, not well thought-out, over-reactive nerf I have ever seen
    in MMO's.
    -Ailion, you realize there are no MM/Rng in top raiding guilds. You have allowed an MMO to be without a ranged physical dps option, essentially making an entire class obsolete.

    -This needs a fix plz in 1.8
    MM can top DPS AOE depending on spec/gear. It can hold up as single target in most cases. I use it in R1 situations just fine. I think when you add in our mobility and our utility it comes out even against a pure dps mage or war.

    Ranger could use some work.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    MM can top DPS AOE depending on spec/gear
    No it cant.

    (Gear)

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    837

    Default

    In my opinion, the top DPS specs should be specialized so as to sacrifice utility/AE/etc or they become dominant. Bloodstalker already does this, as does defilemancer and shaman. Warriors need tweaks so their top ST build doesn't do top AE dps.

    My personal experience is that MM is in a good spot, considering its mobility, range, and utility. I would like to see Ranger tweaked to have top ST ranged DPS, and Sab tweaked to have top AE dps (the latter is happening in 1.8, at least). And I think Ranger should be a couple hundred behind the top melee builds.

    So I guess I agree in principle, but not with the specific suggestion of MM/Rng.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

  5. #5
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    No it cant.
    When I'm running experts my parser usually has aoe spamming MM's on top unless there is a really good mage/cleric and the fight goes long. I know it's not the same at endgame raiding like HK.

    It seems like we get the better AOE dps in the short term, but the longer the fight goes the worse we parse out. If the # of mobs exceeeds fan outs ability to hit we lose out too.

    I guess its rather situational when we are on top.

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    I feel it is poor design that after the marksman crystal got nerfed so hard people actually use the ranger crystal with 51 marksman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  7. #7
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    I feel it is poor design that after the marksman crystal got nerfed so hard people actually use the ranger crystal with 51 marksman.
    I have been seeing this everywhere. It should be looked at for sure.

  8. #8
    Ascendant batou079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    gramma's house
    Posts
    2,900

    Default

    I heard of 4.6dps on Sic, but 5k? srsly? Are mages even that high?

    Anyway, tired complaint is tired. Yes MMs were over nerfed. Yes rogues would appreciate it being a bit better. No, it should not be dpsing as high as rogue top melee specc. 200-300 dps lower? sure thats fair. There is always hope as 1.8 makes its way...

    Byriel - Guardians - The Brethren - DH 4/4 - GP 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 5/5 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - iD 1/8
    Weekend HK PuG! http://brethrenrift.enjin.com/forum/...eekend-hk-runs

    Batousi, 50 Warrior ~ Bomah, 50 Cleric ~ Kusanagi, 50 Rogue ~ Fuu, LvLing Mage

  9. #9
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    In a way I hope they wait to look at MM until after they redo Sab. That way we might have sab doing top AOE DPS and not be glued to the fan out machine for AOE dps.

    I almost think that MM is a little too utility to be doing top DPS in any feild (except maybe short term small group AOE DPS, or something like that). I'd say ranger should be our top ranged single target dps (which it is right now so far as I have tested.) and sab our top AOE dps, and MM is almost like a support/dps hybrid.

    Just some thoughts.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isz View Post
    When I'm running experts my parser usually has aoe spamming MM's on top unless there is a really good mage/cleric and the fight goes long. I know it's not the same at endgame raiding like HK.

    It seems like we get the better AOE dps in the short term, but the longer the fight goes the worse we parse out. If the # of mobs exceeeds fan outs ability to hit we lose out too.

    I guess its rather situational when we are on top.
    experts
    10char

    (Gear)

  11. #11
    Isz
    Isz is offline
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,300

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    experts
    10char


    aaannnyyyywwaayyy, anyone actually have something to add?

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts