+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: We are in need of some hot fixing.

RIFT Guide Writer

Default We are in need of some hot fixing.

I'm sure you see the posts that people have noticed issues with energy and stealth for example.

I noticed these issues as well.

Can you check into these and let us know if we are just imagining these things.

Thanks!

Telaran

I'm fine with rogue's energy reg atm.
    So rogue is a fun class that have energy management, CD management, re-buff management
    Instead of Warriors simple rotation without nothing to manage.
    There's nothing really need to cry about anymore(pve wise) instead of Kokie's PA fix thread.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Aiai View Post
    I'm fine with rogue's energy reg atm.
    So rogue is a fun class that have energy management, CD management, re-buff management
    Instead of Warriors simple rotation without nothing to manage.
    There's nothing really need to cry about anymore(pve wise) instead of Kokie's PA fix thread.

The energy really hurts in PvP. I'm not worried about Rogue in PvE.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    The energy really hurts in PvP. I'm not worried about Rogue in PvE.
    +1

Well, that could be true.

I noticed it in the weekend WFs.

I running my nb/rs spec and was starving hard
    (I thought that was some sort disarm or debuff thing from the new patch.)

RIFT Guide Writer

+1

I can assure you that something is wrong atm.

I have done so much PvP I could tell something was off. If I did not notice with 7million lifetime favor, I'd say something is wrong with me.

RIFT Guide Writer

+1

It was really sad with all the Dominator's running around. I was luck to get one blink out with transference.

I've noticed it too, I seriously doubt we're getting 23 energy back per second since 1.7. I think it's a bug.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

Ascendant

We need some actual tests, otherwise it's not going to be looked at. At work for a few more hours so I can't try stuff out. Theoretically speaking, with no outside buffs/debuffs, I believe it will take 11 uses of a 30 energy ability to hit starvation @ 23 energy/sec regen (this will ideally put you at 23 energy when you come off the GCD).

If we had the old regen of 20 energy/sec, then it should be around 8 skill uses.
    Last edited by Adastra; 02-06-2012 at 10:41 AM.

RIFT Guide Writer

I spammed keen strike without energy cost reduction buff for minutes. I started my parse when I was at very low energy since I wanted to eliminate the variable of the 100 initial energy. With 23 energy per second the expected result would be 276, with 22 energy 264, 21 energy 252 and 20 energy 240.

The result was 273, it's a few short of the 276 but that can be just a matter of when I started and ended the parse, well ahead of 264 anyway. So I would say that whatever the energy problem is, it's nor our base energy regeneration.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

The fixes to stealth will be coming up in the next hotfix.

Rogue energy regeneration is still 23 energy/sec from what I've checked and tested. Cost reduction from Fervor and Living Energy is still the same. Can't find any bug here.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ailion View Post
    The fixes to stealth will be coming up in the next hotfix.

Rogue energy regeneration is still 23 energy/sec from what I've checked and tested. Cost reduction from Fervor and Living Energy is still the same. Can't find any bug here.
    Thanks for the feedback Ailion.

there doesnt seem to be any energy bugs atm.

basically I spammed quickshot before i receieved the error message "not enough energy", 24shots

24shots at 27 energy ea = 648
    energy recovered during period = 24*23 = 552
    combined with starting energy 552 + 100 = 652

seems ok.

Shadowlander

Well if the math is working now then was it wrong previously? I have experienced the exact issues depicted by Ruination in his post yesterday.

I tried with SS and seemed fine. Also tried just spamming incapacitate and its easy to see energy reach 100 and sit there before the next attack. The problem with this tests is latency always helps inflate energy regen. Mine was ~100 when I tested.

But #1 Seems Fine #2 Ailion confirms.

A few people have noticed an "energy problem" but it seems like its not related to energy regen so:
    • Have Skill cost changed?
    • If Fervor/Living Energy still granting the 13%/10% and has the same aura range (for PvP people might run out of range easier)
    • Has there been any skills changed/tweaked/replaced that might NOT benefit from Fervor/LE
    What else? Either the "feeling" of energy starvation is not real or something else is creating it.

RIFT Guide Writer

Well I was barding in RotP last night and looking around at the warriors and rogues ... warriors never going below 80 power and rogues all stuck below 40 (other than me). Something is screwed up right now, I don't care much if rogue regen is changed or not from 1.7.

Realistically, warrior regen was way overbuffed. It shouldn't have been a surprise that spamming AE attacks & off gcd finishers got you power-starved. I thought that was kind of the point. Maybe they needed a slight bump, but not to where it is now. Maybe you can pass that along to Atrius.

But it is what it is, and warriors aren't getting a regen nerf any time soon. I just don't think it's acceptable for warriors to be in the state they are now and rogues struggling so much. Even Sab is starved just from spamming (single target) charges & detonate, it's kind of stupid.
    Last edited by Beckmann; 02-06-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    Oif - Mage | Bagel - Rogue | Duirin - Cleric
    <Vendetta> @ Faeblight - Officer Emeritus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast