+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which spec for support first Bard all around spec for leveling

Shadowlander

Default Which spec for support first Bard all around spec for leveling

I'm changing my main to bard from Dominator. I like support but don't like the lack of cc with Dom and immunity to my best spells by mobs in pve. I really like bard and I am now 38 and using these three specs while leveling and learning:

Brd 30+, Ranger 7, Rift 8
    Bard 30+, MM 10, Rift 5
    Bard 30+, BD 15, rng 0
    I also am toying with Bd 20+, rift 22 for leveling

Which specs will I get the most mileage out of while leveling as I play in groups, pvp, and prepare for endgame? What are the pros and cons of each for specific situations and are there other setups that are viable for leveling and grouping? Remember, I'm only concerned about dps for leveling. I prefer to group and support.

Shadrir

Isz
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrir11 View Post
    I'm changing my main to bard from Dominator. I like support but don't like the lack of cc with Dom and immunity to my best spells by mobs in pve. I really like bard and I am now 38 and using these three specs while leveling and learning:

Brd 30+, Ranger 7, Rift 8
    Bard 30+, MM 10, Rift 5
    Bard 30+, BD 15, rng 0
    I also am toying with Bd 20+, rift 22 for leveling

Which specs will I get the most mileage out of while leveling as I play in groups, pvp, and prepare for endgame? What are the pros and cons of each for specific situations and are there other setups that are viable for leveling and grouping? Remember, I'm only concerned about dps for leveling. I prefer to group and support.

Shadrir
    You might like the bardancer setup I used to use before I got into raiding. It has the bard stuff you like but adds the a bite to it. It also gives you the ability to drop much bigger heals with cadence in a group situation.

You basically go far enough into BD to get deadly dance (increases damage on next 3 combo point building abilities). In order to use the deadly dance finisher you have to be able to get into melee range for 1 hit, so if this is your soloing build, your already going to be in melee anyways. In anything up to experts you can get away with getting in melee range for a sec too.

Theres not a whole lot more to it, just adding in deadly dance for the big damage increase and therefor big heals increase. I used that for doing open world stuff from 30's to my fresh 50 days.

The only other thing to remember is that if you have most of your offbard points in melee,it uses melee weapon damage for cadence if you have more in ranged it will use the ranged weapon.

Shadowlander

thx. I have that spec and its great for soloing. I have used it for pvp but I get caught up in trying to dps instead of buffing the team. It is a spec i'm considering to get me to 50 but I wanted to play around with some others as well.

+ Reply to Thread