+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we get a good melee spec that doesn't involve RS?

Rift Chaser

Default Can we get a good melee spec that doesn't involve RS?

Would like to do some good DPS without having to keep up a 10second buff on top of an external combo point rotation.
    If our top DPS is going to have this complex rotation, and have to watch multiple buffs that last for very limited times, could we make this somehow related to the complexity of other classes's top DPS's?

Telaran

51 BD ...whatever combo you want for the other part. 10 mm 5 rs/ 15 sin/10 sin 5 rs

49 NB 17 sin

Both are viable specs. I run 49 nb 17 sin in HK on any fight that I'm not strict single target.

Rift Chaser

49 NB still has to keep up a 10sec debuff... not as bad, but also not as high DPS from what I've heard. I'll try it out, thnx.

Still dumb that we have to deal w/ 10sec long debuffs/buff if we want to be melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsedemise View Post
    49 NB still has to keep up a 10sec debuff... not as bad, but also not as high DPS from what I've heard. I'll try it out, thnx.

Still dumb that we have to deal w/ 10sec long debuffs/buff if we want to be melee.
    With the change to D2D it's practically a 2 button spec( 5 if you count Ebon fury macro, AoE, and a fiery spike button). Lingering flame keeps refreshing your spikes on your non SoD finishers so you don't really have to worry about managing it. Depending on your latency / raid energy management you may need to do a 4 cp Fiery Strike after SoD once every 30 seconds ,but other than that it's just builder/finisher.

Sure it does a couple hundred dps less than assasin/rs ,but that's the price you pay for using a lazier spec.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 02-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Rift Master

I would love to see a deep assassin build that makes use of all it's ability, reminds be of playing my combat rogue back in the day.

Wtb gift talents in all the trees already, so they can stop with this jerking around.
    Last edited by Kublakan; 02-05-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

51sin/10mm/5rs is viable on pure ST fights, of course less than bloodstalker, but i don't have to pay much attention.
    Just 5CP Impale and 3CP Final Blows. that's it.
    Rogue

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Coffande View Post
    51sin/10mm/5rs is viable on pure ST fights, of course less than bloodstalker, but i don't have to pay much attention.
    Just 5CP Impale and 3CP Final Blows. that's it.
    Who wants to do inferior dps... lawl. I don't mind RS but I enjoy the play style of deep assassin more.
    Kublakan - 11/11 - Rogue
    Sig - was originally removed because it showed BOOBIES.
    LFGUILD BRO.

I've been working on a BD/Sin build that doesn't suffer from energy starvation, doesn't need to be behind, and is a fairly competitive build for fights where Bloodstaker isn't an option.

I'll post a write up on it when I'm back in the states (In Germany for work) and can test it in a less laggy environment.

It has some potential though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianMorin View Post
    The more people play Rift and subscribe, the more time and money we have to continue to evolve the game....

"Cerium, glowers at you dubiously -- looks like he would wipe the floor with you!"

Plane Walker SolitaireSurrender's Avatar

Initial testing with the 32Sin/32Rng/2RS has shown promise. Also I am sure Hoko would approve.

No blinks, Sin Crystal, Rng buffs act similar to RS buffs while being easier to use. Build comes down to normal Sin EW rotations and when you move make sure your pet goes with you.

However, pet builds are what they are...
    _____Reversecowbell | R50 Cleric___Lesscowbell | R80 Mage___Moarcowbell | R50 Rogue_____

Quote Originally Posted by Falsedemise View Post
    Would like to do some good DPS without having to keep up a 10second buff on top of an external combo point rotation.
    If our top DPS is going to have this complex rotation, and have to watch multiple buffs that last for very limited times, could we make this somehow related to the complexity of other classes's top DPS's?
    Bloodstalker isn't complicated, just practice it and you'll get the rhythm.

You want 51 BD. Go gear up and you got what you want :P

Unless you want our class to be so mindless and boring that our top dps specs make bard look fun o_O
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Quote Originally Posted by ShazzamCrucia View Post
    Bloodstalker isn't complicated, just practice it and you'll get the rhythm.

You want 51 BD. Go gear up and you got what you want :P

Unless you want our class to be so mindless and boring that our top dps specs make bard look fun o_O
    Too late. Bard is already more fun than rogue DPS imo.

It's why I tank instead.
    "You're just realizing the fault of your species, human beings are the most untrustworthy, backstabbing creatures on this planet. Except for bears."

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffles View Post
    Too late. Bard is already more fun than rogue DPS imo.

It's why I tank instead.
    Yes, I enjoy spending 1/6th of my raiding time refreshing motifs.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

+ Reply to Thread